+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Pope John II - News & afew words.

Pope begins losing consciousness

Pope John Paul II's condition remains very serious and he has started to show signs of losing consciousness, the Vatican's official spokesman has said.
    At a briefing on Saturday morning, Joaquin Navarro-Valls insisted the 84-year-old, who has heart and kidney problems, was not in a coma.

Crowds are forming again on St Peter's Square after last night's vigil.

The Vatican spokesman said Mass had been celebrated in the presence of the pontiff during the morning.

'About to die'

Newspapers in Italy and across the world splashed farewell messages to the Pope on Saturday.

"Long Farewell to the Dying Pope" read a headline in La Repubblica while Il Tempo simply said "Ciao, Karol", using the Polish-born Pope's original first name.

All Italian sports competitions, including Serie A football matches, were suspended on Saturday out of respect for the pontiff, the Italian Olympic Committee said.

Cardinal Javier Lozano Barragan, head of the Vatican's health care office, meanwhile told Mexican TV the Pope was "about to die".

"I talked to the doctors and they told me there is no more hope," the Mexican cardinal said.

Lights burned through the night in the Pope's window as several hundred people, many of them tearful, stayed out in the square, wrapped in blankets to shield them from the cold.

Sister Arlete, a nun who attended morning Mass at the Vatican, said that while she felt sadness at the Pope's approaching death there was " happiness that his suffering will end because he's truly suffering".

Heading for Rome

Having refused to return to the Gemelli hospital where he was treated last month for breathing difficulties, the Pope is being treated in his Vatican apartment by a team of four top consultants and his private doctor, Renato Buzzonetti.

His condition had deteriorated on Thursday after he developed a urinary tract infection that later brought on "septic shock and a cardio-circulatory collapse", and he received the last rites.

Cardinals in the United States and Latin America have indicated they are preparing to travel to Rome.

John Paul II's eventual successor will be elected in a secret vote at the Vatican's famed Sistine Chapel by the cardinals - the "princes" of the Christian world's largest Church.

Prayers for the Pope have also been offered by other religions: Jews in Jerusalem and Muslims in Indonesia.

The Communist authorities in Cuba allowed the Church leader there, Cardinal Jaime Ortega, to make a rare statement on television.

"A great man is dying," he said in the six-minute address. "This is a man who has carried the moral weight of the world for 26 years... turning himself into the only moral reference for humanity in recent years of wars and difficulties."

Many view the undermining of Communism in Roman Catholic countries of Eastern Europe as one of the Polish pontiff's main achievements.

I will admit that I am not a religious person but it doesnt change the fact few who have met/watched him will ever forget him. From his gentleness in prayer, to his strength of character, the world will always be touched by his leadership.

Lujan

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Edited due to angry purple hippo causing a riot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Edit your post and make a serious one or il request you to be banned.

At least have the decency and respect for others in RL. This is no-FFXI issue that you can laugh about.

A man with much respect is living his last moments and all you can think about is being a sadistic twat.

Lujan

yeah im not catholic and all, and i really dont care about the pope, but that was really uncalled for. the man is in a position of power and is dying. Respect please.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Morfos
    http://popefissionmailed.ytmnd.com/

Fuck ya! The pope is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

/angstx1000
    Seriously dude... a great man is about to die. How would you feel if you had looked to this man as an authority figure like millions of people do around the world. Fuck you for not having the decency to give the pope his proper respect. You may not think he was a great man... but that is no reason to come on to a public forum, and post that kind of shit on a serious topic. If you do not rectract your statement, I along with many of the others that do post here will support you being banned from these forums. Sure we may joke around and what not, but we do know what it means to have some decency with a great man who has done many things for this world is passing. May The Lord God have mercy on your soul.

Rest In Peace Pope John Paul II. May your memory live on in our prayers, and your impact on this world never be forgotten.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm terribly sorry, and I don't want to turn this into a religious flame war or something, but to call the Pope a great man goes too far. He said: "Don't use condoms.". AIDS spreads (not only because of what the pope said, but it has influence), mainly in africa, and that makes the pope a mass murderer like... well you all know the names.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Morfos
    http://popefissionmailed.ytmnd.com/

Fuck ya! The pope is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

/angstx1000

/slap Morfos, show some respect for god sakes. You wouldn't be laughing if it was someone you knew and loved would you?

Kimiko of Siren

Relic Shield
    BG Level

One person dies and the whole world comes to attention to pay him respect

About 25,000 people die every day to something related to malnutrition, most of them children

But, I do "respect" this Pope more than any of his predecessors that I know of. He did do a good job of bringing the catholic church's policies and such closer to the reality of modern days, something that religious leaders face a lot of opposition in doing usually

sigh my parents called me when he died sad day for me :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am sad when anyone dies, but Joft is right a lot of poor people die every day and 99.9999999% of the populace can't to manage to care.

And whatever can be said about John Paul II he is/was a virulent homophobe and quite the misogynist. Sorry, but I will not call someone a "great man" if he spends his life spreading intolerance, ignorance, and bigotry.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalentine
    sigh my parents called me when he died sad day for me :/
    As of right now, he is still alive.

He has been reported dead at least 3 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I am sad when anyone dies, but Joft is right a lot of poor people die every day and 99.9999999% of the populace can't to manage to care.

And whatever can be said about John Paul II he is/was a virulent homophobe and quite the misogynist. Sorry, but I will not call someone a "great man" if he spends his life spreading intolerance, ignorance, and bigotry.
    I whole heartedly agree with you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

thanks lujan for posting. as for most of the rest of you, good job talking smack and showing no respect for a man who many people hold near. whether or not you consider him to be a "great" man doesnt matter. bottom line is that he is dying. hope dissing a dying man made your day.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Vatican has announced the Pope has passed away. RIP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arwyn
    thanks lujan for posting. as for most of the rest of you, good job talking smack and showing no respect for a man who many people hold near. whether or not you consider him to be a "great" man doesnt matter. bottom line is that he is dying. hope dissing a dying man made your day.
    It's not that they're showing disrespect(aside from that 2nd post), it's just that they don't feel his death is any more significant than a random strangers.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

well the pope has offically died, now yes you can say he did things that you dont agree with but he was an important figure to millions and millions of people, i dont think it is fair to say he was intolerant. He is following what he was brought up to think and what is in the bible. Not everyone who gets AIDS is a christian so blaming him for what happens in Africa is dumb, and how does it make him a mass murderer? Think about what u say before you say it. He was a great man to many and to some he may not have been but saying things like that right when they die shows you have a lack of respect in WAY too many ways.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i know amarok. not everyone said something disrespectful but a lot of them agreed with the not so respectful post. so yah. and to the post above mine, amen ^^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Dictators all over the world were and are great man to people as well. Does that make them innocent? No.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

His death well... Im no catholic... In fact I belive in nothing... But thats me... But his death is sad... He bettered his religion and its sad to see him go but it happens to us all even. You start to die right when your born.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

if you have nothing good to say about the Pope then don't post your fucking opinion in this thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast