+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Apocalypse...

The above screenshot is the conversation initiated when you obtain the Final Version of the Scythe Relic Weapon.

- Translation: -

You hear a voice from far away...
    ???: ......so you have finally found me.
    ???: ......with this, you have obtained my forbidden powers, and I am finally free thanks to you.
    ???: Now only, if she would approve......
    Fonove: ......looks like I have been dreaming for a long time.
    Fonove: A dream where my soul has been trapped in a foreign world.... no, I guess it wasn't a dream after all.
    Fonove: .......are you someone like me? Like me you have sought out the forbidden power... and finally came face to face with the Apocalypse?
    Fonove: All right, I will hand it over to you. But please, do not forget, just how much blood of my comrads have been spilled just to obtain this forbidden power....
    Fonove: And think very carefully of how you are going to use that power. So you not become a person like me..........
    ???: .........
    ???: Ha... ha.... hahahahahahaha!
    ???: Now let us go, my new master! Let us go to new heighs and seek more power! For the enemies we have not seen, and to bathe in their blood............
    You have received the Apocalypse!

E. Body
    BG Level

Wow..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

woah

/em raises WTF flag

Wow
    The unattainable has been attained. Salute to Deathknight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

he'll probably still get outdamaged by rngs.

congratulations to Deathknight on Phoenix, though, that's quite a big accomplishment.

I heard Lv5 relic weapon gives you SSJ4.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Wow, i used to see this guy in temple of uggalepih all the time.. doing who knows what..

I /bow to him

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Danm didn't think it was impossible more like 1% possible, major grats for him, really wish i could see the ws, the scythe looks bad ass!

E. Body
    BG Level

The WS looks shitty, but I want to know how much damage it can do...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The WS looks shitty, but I want to know how much damage it can do...
    Got a link?^^

Not sure about dmg but here are the relic weaponskills

http://www.montada.com/showthread.ph...1&page=1&pp=20

Can someone confirm if this is actually true? Oftentimes people in the past have made falsifications (and done quite well to an extent) in regards to the final level Relic weapons. I'm still speculative >.>

IF this is true though, 'grats on acquiring it ;o

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let's get me an Excalibur! :D

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Found some more information on the guy who got the Scythe, and him toying around with it's damage:

I've fooled around with it a little bit, so let me give you the report.

First, as for Catastrophie, like I have mentioned before the damage is little on the 'meh' side. The first screenshot is me using the Catastrophie with a WAR sub. Since there was a little inbalance in the actual damage I present to you a screenshot of Catastrophie actually doing one of the better damages. When used, it drains HP of about half~1/4th of the damage done (there is a resist factor in play), so it's perhaps very useful for soloing purposes? It also goes through Blink/Utusemi, so it might be useful in Ballista too. There is no difference in damage at TP100% and TP300%. With Sneak Attack Catastrophie damage hangs around the 1400 mark.

Now for the Apocalypse. First of all the "Additional Effect: Blind" on the weapon activates at a high rate. Versus a Very Tough Decorative Weapon it activates once every 4~5 hits. As for how useful that can be, well, I can't really tell. w Also, there seems to be a hidden effect of "sometimes DMG value up" in the weapon, as I sometimes hit the enemy with damage that even goes above the maximum possible damage according to the DMG number. It activates at a rate of about 10%, similar to the rate of Double Attack activating. At the current moment I'm trying to figure out if this is a random effect or if there is any specific conditions to keep it activated constantly. That is all.
    http://ffxi.castleparadox.com/screen...islaw/5mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is the damage done by Relic WS, Catastrophie.

http://ffxi.castleparadox.com/screen...islaw/6mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is normal damage done by the Apocalyse plus when the "Additional Effect: Blind" activates.

http://ffxi.castleparadox.com/screen...islaw/7mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is the damage a normal hit does when the hidden trait within the weapon activates.

http://ffxi.castleparadox.com/screen...islaw/8mod.jpg

The highlighted text in the above screenshot is the damage a normal hit does when the hidden trait within the weapon activates, combined with a critical hit to produce a 633 damage hit without the use of a WS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DAMN.

wow, that last screenshot... 633 on a critical? maybe it just because I haven't reached that lvl, but that's not normal..... right?

Anyone else seen criticals close to or higher than this?

Wondering if there is anything special about its skillchain possibilities, or if the special effect can activate on weapon skills. Also, any comment on how often haste activates after Catastrophe is used?

no haste....blind added effect. he said one out of 4or5 swings I think.

but yea SC properties is what I wanna know.

Got the haste thing confused with one of the other relic weapons then. And I meant when the weapon skill was used, not just an additional effect from swinging the weapon.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't remember where I heard it, but supposedly if you do two Relic WS's in a SC format, they make a new SC. Oh the possibilities.

editedlolz