Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Duplication Kills!

Last night I received a tell from a GM saying and I quote:

"Your character will be banned within the next hour"
    I asked:
    "Why?"
    and he responded"
    "For coming up with the idea and basic process of duplicating items via lag spikes"

I created a new character this morning and when I tried to access my other character that was scheduled for ban I got this message:
    "This character no longer exists because of one of these reasons:
    Data loss
    or
    Banned"

I suggest you quit duplicating items if you are because as well as getting caught your character will be gone.

As I heard from /anon: /anon says that there is no way to track this problem.

INCORRECT!
    In Diablo 2 and another game called The Realm they implant item numbers (cannot be seen!) so they can tell if duplication has taken place. If the number is f.e.:
    and they find the same exact item or a variation with the number:

That item would be deleted and the character would also be deleted without notification.

Also from what the GM said in other terms:
    ANY GAME ACTIVITY CAN AND WILL BE LOGGED INCLUDING MESSAGES AND /TELL'S BUT WILL BE DELETED OFF OF OUR SYSTEM IF NO MALICIOUS IDEAS OR PROCESSES ARE FOUND!

This is a warning! There may be more! This is all I will say... For all of you high levels DO NOT DUPE OR BE PREPARED TO BE BANNED IF THEY CATCH YOU! Thank You!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OUCH o.O

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Teach me how it's done.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dunno about you but... there would have to be alot of numbers and SE would require a ton of time to do this. Why? Because monsters are dropping shit all the time. Not to mention theres already a ton of different items already out there.

You were duplicating items, what did you expect?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Item numbers are possible and it wont take a long time at all... They only need like a script that scans for matching numbers progressivly. Diablo 2 has it and SE is a bigger company then bliz. It doesnt matter anyway I got banned because they found out so just a warinin.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can you teach us how at least, so we know not to do this in the future?

It is possible for such a thing to have like a UID or EUID # attached to it. Works in similar ways on an MUD. Every object, whether it be an item, piece of armor, weapon, an NPC, a mob, and even the players themselves all have UID which *cannot* be duplicated. However, the ability to replicate something, or imitate its existance is capable if you can change its original EUID to a new one.

This of course doesn't actually make the changed object something new, it just has a "mask" of another object. Similar to how people change the .dat files to make their Moogle in MH look like KB, a Wyvern (DRG-pet), Fafnir/Nidhogg, etc. Moving the .dat file to somewhere else changes the EUID, giving it a new appearance, *however*, that original .dat file contains its own, unchangable UID so it can still carry out its normal functions.

Scanning to find a UID or EUID is relatively simple to an extent, more or less an eval command MUD-wise. Of course, there are obviously differences between MUDs and MMO's like FFXI, however, they still have the basic foundations. MUDs were the first things closest to MMO-style methinks

Relic Shield
    BG Level

lets say something had a ID on a server called 12076, if that item was to be duped it would carry the exact same ID number as the original.

I really dont think it would be hard for S-E to find dupe's... the honest truth it would take aslong as a region count. The manner in which they deal with you or the items duped is the only thing that could take the man power and time 2 do.

Lujan

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

........................ -.-;

lol... did you think you wouldnt get caught or what? >_>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

so they will ban your char if you accidentally clone an item? i'm baseing this off the lag out durring trade idea where you character rolls back say an hour. if they ban someone for unintentionally doing this... then that realy sucks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nakumi
    ........................ -.-;

lol... did you think you wouldnt get caught or what? >_>
    omfg i think i know that kid

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

As a person thats name shall remain /anon asked:

"Why wouldnt your whole account be banned instead of only your character if you could recreate and do it on a different character?"

First offense is what I'm thinking... All I have to say is my character was banned and cannot be recovered. What happened is what happened I won't question it anymore... Hell when I did question something it was rollbacks and look what happened. Also I need to edit a few posts on here to remove a name nothing else will be edited. Thank you!