Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KS99     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

KS99

I've been interested in doing one of these for a while, and was wandering a few things about them.

First, how hard are the mobs compared to Nidhogg/KB/Aspido?

Second, what is a typical drop? Is it like some of the older BS BC's where the number of items is random, and there is no apparent pattern, or is it like some of the newer KS30's where you have an item or two that always drops, and what appears to be an item from one certain pool of potentials, and another item from another pool?

I've gone through 600 Kindred Seals so far (between myself and party members for KS fights) and have seen 3 drops that were worth more than 1M gil, only one of them topped 2M. I figure I can save up to 99, and have a lot more fun, plus maybe get myself or an ls-mate a nice end game item. I'd just rather not be disappointed to find out we're fighting genbu and end up with 3 adaman ore to show for it.

Our LS has done the Behemoth one many times in the past and instead of re-typing cause im lazy here is a lil post made by a LS member

But ya I think this BC99 is well worth doing. It really only works though if you do it with your LS and make a commitment to do it consistently. There's no way to do 18 orbs in one sitting, so you're going to need other people's help. Compensation is up for you to decide, however, we work it so that you take your own drops and try to sell to LS first (if the offer is reasonable).

Its helped a lot of our people accomplish game goals that couldn't be obtained otherwise. There's items in that BC that simply can't be found on the AH, or aren't obtainable because a certain gimped JP has-been LS monopolizes a mob. We've dropped 4-5 "one of a kind" items from this BCNM, and have now dropped everything in Mystery Tour's drop pool. Last week we dropped the first Unsho, Nokizaru Shuriken, and Bayard's Sword seen on this server. We've also dropped the only two Dreizacks. In total we've dropped something like 5 Kriegsbiel, 5-6 Shinsoku, 2 Purgatory Mace, 2 Dreizack, 3 Guespiere, 1 Unsho, 1 Bayard's, 2 Gawaine's Axe, tons of Meteor Cesti, and tons of Bard instruments.

You're guaranteed at least 1 Behemoth Synthesis item, but can get up to two. Behemoth Horn is the common drop, otherwise you get a Hide. We've gotten 2 horns numerous times, a hide and a horn less commonly. It also drops other high level synthesis items like Damascus ingot, Damascene cloth, Divine Log, and the big one, Shining Cloth. Yes, this BCNM does drop it; we dropped our first in 25-30 runs 2 weekends ago.

Its a very intense fight. When we first did it, it was probably the most enjoyable fight I've been in. Its very much like Kirin or King Behemoth, except you are what you are. 18 enter, 18 fight, 18 live or die. That's it. No outside interference, for better or for worse. There are times things will look grim with half your alliance dead, injured, or weakened, but you can recover. When things go really bad, your only real enemy is time.

For damage, take RNGs, BLMs, MNKs, in that order. Rangers will control hate the most and give you the most DoT. They're also more durable than BLMs. BLMs do great damage but are far more fragile and aren't able to damage as often due to MP and constant kiting. MNKs do 1500+ Chi Blast, but that comes only every 3 mins. RNGs will do ~1k Side/Slugs and 120-200 per shot while building tp. Depending how long the fight lasts, they'll also get Barrage every 5 minutes. The fastest we've beaten this BC was in 11 mins 27s, so that's at least 3 Barrages for your RNGs.

Its really a great BC because every job counts, everyone needs to get it done. Need strong tanks (we only use PLDs) and +movement helps greatly. Need lots of healing and MP regen. RDMs are great because they're mobile MP regen and can bind/gravity as well as heal. WHMs are obviously necessary for serious healing and raising.

We'll probably keep doing this BC, but probably not as much as in the past. Its been great for us though. Members can either directly obtain an item they want from their own orb or through another LS member's orb, or they can get items crafted from very hard to obtain synthesis materials. Without this BC, it would've been impossible for me to have 2 Behemoth Rings+1, or for Ukko to have made a 3rd (yes, he's a crazy bastard).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

too many seals so little money ;-O

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Do these drop the items for the black belt monk's quest, Adamantoise Egg, Wyvern Beard, and Behemoth Tongue?

I've had the worst luck with them on the normal versions like Fafnir, Didn't drop 6 times in a row for me then the one time I couldn't go it dropped and it went to a black mage who later threw it away for space that's SquareEnix sick twisted sense of humor for you...

I heard that they drop from KS99 but never got it confirmed from someone who actually did it and saw the drops.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes they can drop but they're not 100%.

1 of our MNK got his Tongue from this... and out of the 35+ Fafnir's I've killed we never seen a Wyrm Beard drop.. but 4 Ridill :D

I'm pretty sure Black Belt items drop from these. But I'm certain they aren't 100%. As for their actual rarity, /point someone else who's done it a lot.

The BB items are insanely rare off NQ pops. 2/40 wyrm beard 0/5 behe tongue and 0/20+ adamantoise egg. You could get them over time if there wasn't a lot of NQ competition though.

We have a LS of all blms that's devoted to doing "The Hills are Alive" (the Adamantoise BC, with Tartaruga Gigante) at least once a week. We're mercenaries and hire ourselves out to anyone with 99 seals, so we do the runs as orb holder (any job) + 17 level 75 blms.

The fight goes like this: Everyone enters and buffs with food and spells. Then all blms line up (turtle aggros if you move past the bridge) and tactically ES+blizzaga 3 on the turtle. Then we spread out and alternate bliz 4 and bliz 3. Don't use anything other than ice spells on the turtle, as he resists everything else with a vengeance, even though he seems water based. He also can't be stunned. One party out of the alliance will manafont towards the end of the fight to finish off the turtle quickly, but it's entirely possible to win without anyone 2 houring as long as some people use drinks. The turtle has the usual tp moves, like Tortise Song, Tortise Stomp, and Harden Shell. In addition, he casts Waterga IV, Flood, and Silencega. With 17 blms, though, he's [too weak] and goes down in 5 minutes or less.

Drops vary. Our biggest drop has been worth 20 mil, and our smallest has been about 2 mil. The money items that we've seen from this BC are the high-end weapons: Stylet, Kriegsbiel, etc. We've also seen Meteor Cesti, Princely Sword (would love to know the hidden effect on this), Grim Staff (worthless piece of junk), and some drk scythe with added effect Aspir that I've forgotten the name of. Other drops include Adaman Chain, Raxa, and assorted other junk like HQ+3 potions and Oblation Abjuration. He does on occasion drop the Adamantoise Egg; I've seen it drop 3 times out of about 15 runs.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the wyrm and behemoth bcs, as we've been thinking of expanding our operation to include them too. I hope I've explained most of the turtle, but if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caocao
    Hi, I'm a 75 blm from Pandemonium. We have a LS of all blms (called Kaboom) that's devoted to doing "The Hills are Alive" (the Adamantoise BC, with Tartaruga Gigante) at least once a week. We're mercenaries and hire ourselves out to anyone with 99 seals, so we do the runs as orb holder (any job) + 17 level 75 blms.

The fight goes like this: Everyone enters and buffs with food and spells. Then all blms line up (turtle aggros if you move past the bridge) and tactically ES+blizzaga 3 on the turtle. Then we spread out and alternate bliz 4 and bliz 3. Don't use anything other than ice spells on the turtle, as he resists everything else with a vengeance, even though he seems water based. He also can't be stunned. One party out of the alliance will manafont towards the end of the fight to finish off the turtle quickly, but it's entirely possible to win without anyone 2 houring as long as some people use drinks. The turtle has the usual tp moves, like Tortise Song, Tortise Stomp, and Harden Shell. In addition, he casts Waterga IV, Flood, and Silencega. With 17 blms, though, he's [too weak] and goes down in 5 minutes or less.

Drops vary. Our biggest drop has been worth 20 mil, and our smallest has been about 2 mil. The money items that we've seen from this BC are the high-end weapons: Stylet, Kriegsbiel, etc. We've also seen Meteor Cesti, Princely Sword (would love to know the hidden effect on this), Grim Staff (worthless piece of junk), and some drk scythe with added effect Aspir that I've forgotten the name of. Other drops include Adaman Chain, Raxa, and assorted other junk like HQ+3 potions and Oblation Abjuration. He does on occasion drop the Adamantoise Egg; I've seen it drop 3 times out of about 15 runs.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the wyrm and behemoth bcs, as we've been thinking of expanding our operation to include them too. I hope I've explained most of the turtle, but if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
    lol wow a ls full of blms to nuke any thing they want.............. that to powerful to much P-owning

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wish I had a ls of blm. ;;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I want a Stylet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Wish I had a ls of blm. ;;
    I wish a LS full of RDMs would be useful/tolerable.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna get on this as soon as I hit 99 again (at 87, but I always get a couple farming water or getting merits) I was leaning towards the turtle, since we have a mnk that is close to getting the other 2 blackbelt items, and getting the egg would be difficult due to the leader of the ls that has controlled aspido forever (we don't have enough people except for a small chunk of time each evening)

The fact that he can't be stunned worries me a little, we might need to work parties around barwatera, instead of doing the all melee party we typically have in our alliance for gods.

I wont give away too many strats ;p but I can say you need atleast 2 chainspell stunners for when he flys

he can be stunned, but cannot be slept.
    Doesn't cast any spells, and can use spike flail, good luck!