Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAM question for Xavier     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

SAM question for Xavier

I am a level 47 SAM using the O kote. I was told by a few others that the Kote isn't meant for a SAM. I was wondering if I should get rid of the kote now or sell it once I get my AF gloves and use rice balls. Also, whats more important for a SAM, str or att? Thanks for any help!

~Bremen

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

why dont you ask Enitsu ;-o

j/k

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I left this for Xav to answer, but seeing as how it's been like 2 days, I'll put my two cents in.

For the most part, I'd say +att was overall good for melee dmg/building TP, but if I remember correctly...all SAM WS are STR based. Also, someone in LS said that +attack cannot raise your damage over the damage cap of your weapon, but STR can...

Personally, I'm going to lvl SAM as my 2nd 75 job and I plan to have O kote as well as any STR bracelets that I can get to switch out with during WS. Like have a set of equipment with +att for melee'ing, but when WSs come around switch to a STR set or something.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks Ama for replying.

I have heard that WS are based on STR, but I never tried switching equipment out on WS.

Correct me if I am wrong but STR will raises the max damage possible of a curve, and ATT will let me hit for higher damage within that curve?

Thanks again.

~Bremen

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yes, I'm pretty sure thats what Kuno meant when he mentioned that to me. Also, I'll try to remember to tell Xav to put his input in here because I honestly am not too experienced in the capabilities of melee jobs yet. XD

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The reasen you were probally told O-kote isent for sam is, unlike mnk avg dmg is not sams specialty, for every tp job trait sam has drk has a atk+ trait, so, if you want to do good on both avg dmg and ws's i suggest +atk in the lower lvls atk is really important, i personally are a drk and i cant give away enough attack like everything i wear comes with it >.>, when you get 13 lvls higher you can really start focusing on your ws's. you can sell your O-kote for haubergeon, at 60+ your avg dmg wont be your main focus point but you want as much attack as you can get without losing on your ws's i think O-kote is great for sam, it's just is the price worth it^^

Sam gets no +attack abilitys or traits but Ameit mantle haubergen and O-kote is +40atk which is alot for 3 peices especially seeing haubergeon gives +10acc +5 str and dex added to the 10+atk^^, Their is no hand armor exept for the lvl 70 jse hands that are better than the O-kote for sam, so if you can afford them, keep them

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Ochi kote are good for SAM, but at 50-60 you me better off investing in Enkelados bracelets or if you're feeling flush, Pallas bracelets. They give respectively +7 and +9 STR, a stat that starts playing a major role after lv 60. Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko and Tachi: Kasha all have a 75% STR based dmg modifier, and having a lot of STR helps, I know this from first hand experience.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

get those free Bandomusha Kote off Xolotl.. (HP+3%, ATK+22, Eva -10, Dark Elements +5, Light Elements -5)

level 47 SAM
    And probably doesn't have the people to help him get that kote if he's asking this question.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    get those free Bandomusha Kote off Xolotl.. (HP+3%, ATK+22, Eva -10, Dark Elements +5, Light Elements -5)
    Do you mean, "get those free Dark Crystals (if you are lucky) off of Xolotl"?