+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Did Square finally respond to the cries?

Maybe it's been brought up, but if so, I didnt catch it. Anyone noticed that mobs spawn grey now for about 2 seconds then "claimable yellow"?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's just a glitch where they spawn dead. =\

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

yah its pretty funny, and makes the latency painfully obvious.. cause now i see JPs chi blast shit while its still dead and grey on my screen, and untargetable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    yah its pretty funny, and makes the latency painfully obvious.. cause now i see JPs chi blast shit while its still dead and grey on my screen, and untargetable.
    What latency?

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    What latency?

Hahahahahaha Nikko knows, he is on my server.

What latency? Hahahahahahahaha

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Now if you remember correctly to the statement that SE launched... we're all suppoed to adjust the color of our screens, because like Septimus said... What latency? The mobs popping purple is all with our color...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Crovus
    Now if you remember correctly to the statement that SE launched... we're all suppoed to adjust the color of our screens, because like Septimus said... What latency? The mobs popping purple is all with our color...
    Exactly.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

my next guess... the mobs popping dead is a bug in the game, and we're suggested to reinstall FFXI...

Quote Originally Posted by Crovus
    my next guess... the mobs popping dead is a bug in the game, and we're suggested to reinstall FFXI...
    i Reinstalled it didnt do anything still came up with dead mobs poping.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I think it was because people complained about mobs spawning claimed so they made this new system where mobs spawn dead. Makes some sense, but since NA side usually has some latency issues. All luck I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rains
    I think it was because people complained about mobs spawning claimed so they made this new system where mobs spawn dead. Makes some sense, but since NA side usually has some latency issues. All luck I guess.
    No, it is a glitch. Even when they spawn dead witha grey name, JP can claim them. (Although it was funny to see a dead Kirirn sliding across the ground taking swipes at our tanks.)

I've first noticed that in Dynamis, then on xp mobs. Whats I would like to point out is that I have yet to see HNMs pop dead first... always *pop* purple.

LazyShell
    BG Level

they don't pop purple on my screen. they pop dead.
    so i see sliding dead adamantoise attacking a chiblaster, then suddenly it jerks upward and its name transitions flawlessly from grey to purple :D