+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

HAHA!!! Good thing I only lvled 4 lvls since Jan. >_> maybe i can reach lvl 55.... after the patch.....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    level other jobs to 75 since it's going to be "easier" now?

it's going to start being requirements to have multiple jobs at 75, to be more flexible. gone will be the days events get cancelled because there are not enough PLDs or BLMs online, because everyone will have a backup job or two or three they can switch to.

all drastic changes come with a period of turmoil, and i think most of us will be able to get through it just fine.

if some people can't ride the waves while these changes happen than they can quit the game but i think when it settles, things will be much better on the other side.

and yes, i'm overly optimistic but at the same time i'm also expecting there to be some huge problems.
    But making it easier to get multiple jobs to level 75 creates its own set of problems. Namely, where are you going to put everything? I am almost completely maxed out on my space with just Red Mage equipment, even with AF storage I can't imagine where I am going to fit the stuff I would need for a second job. Square needs to implement changed in the way items are dealt with- either give us more mog safe spots, better storage options, direct access to mule's mog saves, or, heaven forbid, all three of those options. (I wrote this on the Allakazham feedback forum last week about adding more storage options to the game. Obviously adding more mog safe spots is a bad idea, so I am getting Karma-bombed. >_< )

To me, this sounds like Square did not think all the way through for the consequences for this idea. Why is end-game the minority for this game? Because people get to end-game, get frustrated, and quit. LS drama (if you can even get into one), lack of content, the latency issues (which as we all know is completely imagined), impossible-to-get gear- all of this and more await you at level 75.

Yes, you are being overly optimistic, but that's OK. I was an optimist once, but then I was introduced to the wonderful world of cynicism.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    i wish i could bitch about there not being enough endgame.

/teh jealous
    OK, try this for the end game experience...

Go to Lower Jeuno near the auction house and press the tab key for three hours, making sure to never take your eyes off of the screen, get a drink, or use the rest room. After the three hours are up, go back to your mog house. Congratulations! You just camped a HNM!

(See, cynic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Go to Lower Jeuno near the auction house and press the tab key for three hours, making sure to never take your eyes off of the screen, get a drink, or use the rest room. After the three hours are up, go back to your mog house. Congratulations! You just camped a HNM!

(See, cynic.)
    >.> i don't get it... tab key?

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    i wish i could bitch about there not being enough endgame.

/teh jealous
    Stop being lazy and go get some DT then lol <3

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i saw this coming a LONG time ago

Black Belt
    BG Level

But making it easier to get multiple jobs to level 75 creates its own set of problems. Namely, where are you going to put everything?
    yes, that's a problem. but it's not a new problem, it's been hanging around there for a long time now. the XP change only accelerates the problem, which is a GOOD thing. the bigger problem this becomes the more incentive SE has to fix it.

and it's not like it's completely crippling, there are quite a few people who have 3+ Lv 75 jobs right now who have their ways of dealing with this problem.

Why is end-game the minority for this game? Because people get to end-game, get frustrated, and quit. LS drama (if you can even get into one), lack of content, the latency issues (which as we all know is completely imagined), impossible-to-get gear- all of this and more await you at level 75.
    i don't know how true that is. i think if no one quit the game, Lv 75 players would still be a minority.

To me, this sounds like Square did not think all the way through for the consequences for this idea.
    i think it's quite the contrary, i think they have thought about a lot of the problems and that one of the first steps to fixing it is to accelerate the problem so that they can justify spending entire patches on it.

i've thought about if or when they will ever develop an expansion for an expansion. when CoP came out with the level caps the way they were, i realized that they never will because there isn't going to be a large enough customer base to buy a RotZ II or a CoP II. with this update though, at least now i can picture a CoP II that will actually let us go to the "Eastern Empire". i don't expect the next one to be but it looks a lot more possible some time down the line today than it did last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    This is going to be a bullshit change *unless* they can add enough content to solve their already existing endgame problems. I just don't see that happening right now with SE's track record.
    i think they can but it definitely won't come with this patch. though this change in itself is completely different from their "track record".

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm looking back SE did say "new quests, new Notorious Monsters, and various system additions and improvements--as well as the next installment of the Promathia story."

Could they be talking about some sea NMs? I think most of the non-sea CoP areas got a big boost last patch in terms of NMs so maybe the next shift will be towards sea?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Hmmm looking back SE did say "new quests, new Notorious Monsters, and various system additions and improvements--as well as the next installment of the Promathia story."

Could they be talking about some sea NMs? I think most of the non-sea CoP areas got a big boost last patch in terms of NMs so maybe the next shift will be towards sea?
    they could or they could not.

the new NMs we got from the last patch was Padfoot and that bat that drops Vampire's Cloak. not exactly thrilling end-game stuff.

and missions are a one shot deal. adding the AA for Zilart didn't add much to the game and had nothing to do w/ gods.

i'd love for the Promathia final BC to be a Dynamis like area where you fight Promathia/Bahamut/whatever and he drops amazing stuff but like Quicklet says, that's way off their track record.

what the endgame needs is more repeatable HNMs and none of their statements tell you definitively whether or not we are getting them or not.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

i think they can but it definitely won't come with this patch. though this change in itself is completely different from their "track record".
    SE's Track Record:

1) Release Content with extreme timesink/cockblocking measures involved (partial mission storyline, unfinished relic quest, incomplete loot tables on HNMs).

2) Once new content is developed, gimp old content by making it easier / finishing it (better mission item drop rates, shortcuts, 10000-piece currency to be added, abjurations).

3) Repeat ad infinitum.

The problem is that if SE is really "shifting their focus" to players reaching LV75 faster, they basically just nullified the entire point of having level capped content. Level capped content and missions were designed to be more accessible to lower level players, yet the great majority of this content is either neglected by lower level players as being too hard or too much of a pain, or it is loathed by higher level players because it forces them to go back and carry completely new sets of equipment for this special content. Things like level capped garrison and expeditionary forces are barely done because the rewards aren't worth the effort it takes to do them. Hell, the number of people who did Promathia missions was probably lower than it would have been if they just made them uncapped and designed for the LV50-75 crowd. Up until they nerfed the content, probably less than a few percent of NAs were even past it, even though they met the level cap.

The point is that SE's content style has always been to release fragmented content, which in my opinion, just isn't as fun or exciting as having it all released at once, or at least released complete. I would rather have something "complete" to work with, but wait longer for new stuff if it meant having that completed content to work with in the meantime.

Patch development of sea is going basically the same way it is with Zilart. "Next installment" to me sounds like the same thing they did last patch, adding one or two new missions, new areas to explore, but with no substantial content in them save one quest. SE practically never releases two major content "fragments" in the same patch, and they're already releasing new ENMs. I just don't see it happening yet.

Really, in all actuality, all we can do is sit, wait, and deal with the good and the bad coming from this change. None of our bitches and gripes are going to change what SE has planned. Just like every game out today, there can be things done better. Above everything else FFXI is a game, and we are here to play it, or not play it. Every choice SE makes, SE has to deal with the consequences on their own. Whether all of us, who disapprove of making it easier for morons on our server to reach 75 , quit FFXI tomorrow, there will always be someone else sticking around to contribute money to the pockets of SE.

/rant mode off

Really, in my opinion I'd give any change a chance and see the outcome before making any complaint/compliment on it. What happens is not always how I thought it would turn out. I'm sure thats not unique to just me.

Lets see how the change works out before saying how horrible it'll be. Just my two cents.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Really, in my opinion I'd give any change a chance and see the outcome before making any complaint/compliment on it. What happens is not always how I thought it would turn out. I'm sure thats not unique to just me.

Lets see how the change works out before saying how horrible it'll be. Just my two cents.
    That is a valid point. They may make it so you need 42,000XP to get from level 74 to level 75 instead of 43,000XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite

That is a valid point. They may make it so you need 42,000XP to get from level 74 to level 75 instead of 43,000XP.

It's also possible they take 100-300k from the 51-75 experience out, and we could see 20-30k tnl in 70's

anyway, back to my hate email to the development team

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They say it will never exceed 2400xp for a death.

8% of 30k is 2400

Therefore, I'd say that some levels will still be at least 30k and probably more if it is capped at 2400xp since anything less than 30k tnl would make that new cap meaningless since it would never exceed 2400 at 8%.

Banned.

BG Level

a

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

xp on death now is capped at 2400 on HP anyway
    but im quite sure 74->75 is 43K and 75 to @1 is 44K with the xp lost on death something like 10% on HP

I heard that it's 3k less exp a level at 51, then the difference goes down 100 every level. So at 52 you will be 2900 less then before, 53 2800 less then before, etc. If thats how it is it wont be so bad.

On the other hand, it's possible for them to take 100k+ exp out of levels 51-75 -_-

What about the people that lvled to 75 long time ago and multiple other 75 jobs? So we wasted time for nothing hurray ^^ give me Meripo SE!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You 'wasted time' leveling up?

Why didn't you quit FFXI then?

I for one enjoy partying, even the not-so-good setups, if people are friendly. I wont rush to 75 but I'd rather level slowly and enjoy the game. It's sad you guys are all so bitter. Maybe you should take a break.

Ofcourse LFG time is stupid, and now people will have less LFG time overall, but come on... LFG time isn't that bad when you have something to do (console games, PC, portable gaming system).

I'd rather enjoy something than rushing to an achievement no one will give a crap about in about 5 years.

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~dokihara/meetingagain-en.swf