+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to do your part -     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Time to do your part -

Putting who we all are aside - theres one thing i'm sure everyone here can agree on.

We don't want it to take less EXP for cry-baby newbs to reach 75.

You all know the type of people this is aimed at. The STR ring wearing 61 dragoons, and Paladins who use greatswords...

Do your part. This is your game, as much as it is theirs - we are the members that make this game function~

Launch POL
    Login
    Click Service and Support
    Click Support
    Click Email Support
    Click Comments and Suggestions

And lay out how you feel about this update. I think that this really is aimed just for S-E to increase/maintain profits off this game.. we all know end game content hasn't really increased enough to let 1000+ more players into it.

Right now theres 155 people in Sky.
    The gilfarmers are there.
    End Game COP isn't done.

This game can only get gay without everyone doing their part.

Thanks
    Judah

Black Belt
    BG Level

Re: Time to do your part -

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    Putting who we all are aside - theres one thing i'm sure everyone here can agree on.

We don't want it to take less EXP for cry-baby newbs to reach 75.
    read your own post again. "cry-baby newbs" have already reached 75, whether it's 1 more or 1000 more, it doesn't matter anymore.

the faster end game goes to complete crap, the faster SE will have no choice but to improve it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Maybe this update is aimed to combat WoW's leveling system. Back when WoW cam out there was a huge drop of people from FFXI so SE probably took note of what they were doing and decided to add this into a later update.

Fun Fact: Did you know that NOT playing WoW increases your exp when you do play it? If log out in town I guess there is some exp bonus bar that fills at time passes, essentially allowing you to catch up to people that have been exping the whole time. Not sure if I got all this right my cousin was telling me about it.

Maybe SE is seeing that wow is such a big hit because of the easy leveling system and they're trying to add a similar catch? I donno just bored at work and felt like sharing cya you guys in game.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i work my ass of to 75 and somebody can just ease through...if this is true then i would benifit from the second job im lvling, i think SE should make it easier for people who already have 75 jobs to make it less tidiuos(spell?) like 10% off each lvl's tnl, that would be great it would keep players playing after lvl 75 and more people would venture aside from their main

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

In EQ2 theres experience vitality that goes up while youre logged out. if you have it up to 100% it doubles your xp.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    In EQ2 theres experience vitality that goes up while youre logged out. if you have it up to 100% it doubles your xp.
    NICE!

Exept FFXI never log out

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yeah thats what WoW has I guess, it's so gay... I mean you should have to work for those last grueling 5 lvls, Make maat much harder, and stuff.... lol It just sucks that they can do stuff like this after the game has been around for about 3 years ; ;

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Welll, WoW's system is called "rest experience". Where when your character is in in a large city or in a inn of a small town you will get rest exp. If you log out at a mob zone for a substantial amount of time you will also get rest exp. Generally speaking going to an inn or a large city I have noticed a bigger boost in rest exp.
    So let's say you log out in a mob zone. If 5-10 mins passed and you log back in you will get a slight boost in exp for maybe 1-2 kills. For those 1-2 kills you will get double the experience. Meaning if your same lv to the mob at let's say 40 your normal experience from 1 solo kill will be ~275 that boosts up to ~550 until your rest experience is gone. It is a lot easier to lv in WoW.
    Also, there are other factors that make it a lot easier to lv in WoW. The fact that regular exp mobs drop lots of consumable goods and money seems to drop from the sky might be it. Also you can get by with less optimal gear, because you can still fight weaker mobs and still gain a decent flow of exp points. To me the major reason why someone in WoW will lv faster is because of NO LFP.
    But, I quit it, because it looks UGLY lol. Might go back have a few friends on it and it's damn ez to lv.
    Oh, also I wanted to address the 10% reduced tnl suggestion. That does not help the party. 1 person will lv a lot faster then the rest if he/she is the only one that has a 75 job. Also, there are already many people that can't play and are 75. (i.e. gil sellers? And a bunch of them too, lol.)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

its not so much that wow requires less work to level, although the rested XP bonus is nice. but at 60, tnl is like 217,000-ish xp which still takes a while. The thing that makes it so much faster, is the fact that its solo-able. you dont lose hours sitting around LFG or trying to find jobs to fill a PT your trying to make.

Also, the quests reward decent amounts of XP, and some quests are "go kill 20 of X mob" which is just win/win since you get xp from the mob and quest XP

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Do your part. This is your game, as much as it is theirs - we are the members that make this game function~
    Or, at the very least, the members that like to think they are.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Even though it looks like lots of time spent to get the last few lvls it isn't. At 55+ the mobs you fight are abundant. There isn't much competition in most exp areas for those lvls. and also at those lvls normal exp mobs of equal lvl to you give you ~350 exp a kill solo. with rest exp you will hit around ~700 a piece. It doesn't seem like much compared to the amount of exp needed, but Most of those exp mobs drops quest items. Which is like get me 20 of so and so drops and your gaining ~1-2k from just that quest. Pretty easy. I think ENM is a deriviation of those type of quests.

What also makes lvling really easy is that you can get really GOOD gear off exp mobs. It is similiar to the Diablo 2 system where every mob at or greater than a certain lv can drop these items. You can sell or wear them. Saves you a ton instead of buying from auction house. The game practically holds your hands through lvls.

If you power lv through 1-60 you will have a pretty hard time traveling, because you'd be dead broke from trying to lv as fast as possible and also trying to get a 100gold mount.

Assuming Square backs this change up with heavy improvements to the endgame (and less fucking 90% fishing enhancement updates) I won't mind it. Right now, the burden of responsibility is on them, and if no new endgame pops this patch or next patch, all they'll have accomplished is pleasing one demographic - people who suck at leveling - and greatly alienated another - people who are already 75 and holding out for actual content. And not to mention those people who aren't good at leveling who will be getting 75 will join those with nothing to do.

we all know end game content hasn't really increased enough to let 1000+ more players into it.
    18-100

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, there will be all these 75 blms that think stun is a waste of mp, that think drain does 0 damage if you are at full hp, and wear all int+ gear instead of elemental magic+ gear on gods and kirin.
    Oh wait, that's already like 50% of blms now.

But yeah, it might make it so more un-wanted jobs hit 75. I sort of miss the days where there were 30 or less NA 75s on the server and beating Roc was an accomplishment.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

STR wearing 61 DRGs?

I'm a STR wearing 62 DRG. But I have a Scorpion Harness and that gives me the same amount of accuracy as wearing snipers with AF. And plus, with Sole Sushi you don't need accuracy rings that much. ;\

I feel bad.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Bert, you can't really be good at lvling without a party though.
    And sometimes on off hours I had to party with people on my blacklist.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

> (and less fucking 90% fishing enhancement updates)

The ironic part about that is that the fishing "enhancements" completely ruined end-game fishing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i really like the new fishing system and i rather enjoy it more than before..

so i dont know how it hurt you guys who got to lv 90~ earlier than us..

i reached lv 32 fishing in no time...i wouldnt want to spend 5 times as much as i did to reach that lv for no reason...

its reasonable i think

I think it comes down the fact that FFXI is a old school hardcore MMORPG and WoW is not.

WoW is a bit confused right now in that it is very easy to get to 60 (current lvl cap). Then, at 60, the current endgame is arguably as time consuming and hardcore as FFXI. But, they have already said they are working on changing this.

FFXI is what is, and so is WoW. Trying to make one more like the other is a mistake.

And I have to agree that part of what makes lvling in FFXI take so much longer is LFP. Imagine if you could just log in, solo some nice exp for a few hours and log out. Instead of standing around Jueno for a few waiting for the pally to log on.

The hardcore style of FFXI does give you that special feeling when you you reach 75, or get that uber piece of equipment. Anybody can reach lvl cap in WoW, just a matter of time. The pvp honor system should help WoW in this regard.....

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Surely the only way they can justify this shit is by adding the CoP end game at the same time as this update? If they don't then, yeah, this update is gay unless the difference in exp is negligible. Knowing Square's desperation to hold onto it's fleeting user base I'll be asking [GM]Thunderan to personally grant a few months of my life back.