Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alchemy accomplishment's and disappointments

Hello

lv96 Alchemy on Fairy, and fear that its stuck for a while. >.>
    Rainbow thread has risen to 480k a stack, and .9 away, my tab is gonna be pretty high ^^;

Funny story that happened about 2 weeks ago I thought I would share. A DRG recently turned RNG friend of mine msg'd me and asked what lv alc I was, and to his shock I was above 95, how he did't know with "Alchemy 96" in my bazaar, is beyond me. >.>

Anywho, he says the lv100 alchemists he knows are all either logged off or afk, and darksday new moon coming to a close, pleaded that I attempt to make his hawkers and asked my price. Since Im new I charged 10% of last AH sale price. Most on our server charge 25-40% of AH price. So he was joyful. We get to bastok, and he trades me 5 dragon blood to try out. First synth, +1 !! /joy^^ . 2nd and 3rd are nq. 4th is a break and lose all materials. /cry ; ;. He tells me "I dont care what happens, you made me one and I am happy." 5th synth, made a 2nd +1!! He couldn't believe it and gladly paid the 660k price for the hq's.

Since then I have gotten many many tells, from NA and JP alike, asking to synth hawkers. Which is very astonishing, considering there are about 4 lv100 alchemy NA's and about 6 lv100 alchemy JP's on the server. Business has gone well since then^^

Since I dont have a host I posted the ss's on our ls' forums. Check it out if you like, http://216.232.25.213/theforsaken/viewtopic.php?t=784 .

Now for the disappointments (yes I know this thread is probably long, I'm sorry^^).

Suprisingly I have no GP items, but working very hard for them. I find myself very frustrated with the GP items requested for Alchemy from day to day, as most items are either, not sold very often (once per month) or materials are just very rare and expensive. Mainly the stat potions, beeswax, wax sword, many status weapons, are all very difficult, because of price and availability. Question for those who have read this far is, how long did it take you to attain your GP items? So far I am at 55000GP and has taken me about 2 1/2 months. Yes, I have missed some days, but for the ones I check, I try my very hardest to get the item for the day. Including one day when I needed a Divine Sword, there wasn't a broadsword on any AH, so I gathered materials and took it to the manaburn area in Xarcabard (near jorm) to have a smithing friend craft it for me, so that I could use it for my GP item. Sad ; ;

As well, I have found some items, very difficult to hq, and was wondering how much success people have had with these items : Mamushito, Holy Shield, and Espadon.

So far I am 3/42 on mamushito hq's, 0/7 on Holy Shield hq's, and 0/36 on espadon hq's. All of which I tried on new or full moon both trying darksday as well as day crystal is weak to. Curious if this is normal success rate, or if perhaps luck is not on my side. For now I will stick with hawker's, as I seem to make a good amount of gil from that.

Thank you for listening, any question/comments are appreciated ^-^

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Uh oh, it appears I must have logged out before retrying to post, I did not mean to post under guest. Please forgive me.

Well maybe if TF stopped MPK/CFH'ing things all the fucking time you'd actually get your skill up.

I'm going to stop it right there since I prefer KI when it comes to bashing that LS. Moving along.

/ja "Male PMS" <me>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Since I am posting as an individual on another server forum, please do not generalize my ls with me. If you have a problem with me, then pm me in game. Thank you

I was under the impression that most alchemists skilled on philosophers stones > panacea until 98, then turning those into platinum and gold nuggets and breaking even/making money.

The problem of course being finding these in sufficient quantity- there are 3 methods.

1) Beastman kings: orc/quad/yag god drop 1 occaisionally

2) BCNM: 1 of the 'non money' items you can get

which leaves the last option... 3) Chocobo digging. These are a very rare digging find in altepa, even most level 9 or 10 diggers take 3-4 days to put together a stack. Altepa is a very profitable region for digging and is "dug out" all the time- making getting these stones relatively difficult. I'm currently level 9 (4 months and 9000 stacks of greens later @_@) and its still fairly difficult to get a stack without devoting all my time to digging.

I'm actually on your server siknoz (Atreides) but I've promised all my stones to my friend Seriha who's in the same level range as you. However, isn't Meomeo in your LS? She's a very high level digger, my level or one level higher, perhaps you could make an arrangement with her.

Hope I was helpful, good luck with alchemy :D

Sorry to the board people here for not registering and junk >_>

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Theres a new way to get philosopher stones. ;o

music to my ears

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what I heard you need a hardcore fisher to get them. ;o

well im still fucked them XD gonna have to pester my friends to fish again, all my 90-100fisher friends that i can think of off the top of my head quit the game ; ;

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes it is true, fishing does lead to suicide.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Yes it is true, fishing does lead to suicide.
    And miserly loves company, which is why fishers are trying to force me to join their evil ranks. >_<

That's why I make pants.

Lv38 Clothcraft, and these damn bird fletchings can rot in freakin hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    That's why I make pants.

It only gets worse

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    That's why I make pants.

It only gets worse
    I know, but I'll brutally murder people by strangling them with Green Ribbons and Silk Headbands later

Well, my Alchemy is currently 72, (no more 3-eyed Fish THANK YOU GOD). I'm just wondering what the next few options are for me to skill up? I'm trying to get my damn Alchemy up in the 90s to make a lot of my money back and to be able to start making Crimson Gear. Anywho, I appreciate any advice, in-game or via forums.

BTW, i'm on Fairy with you guys. Hey Atriedes.

-Greyheart

Quote Originally Posted by Grey
    Well, my Alchemy is currently 72, (no more 3-eyed Fish THANK YOU GOD). I'm just wondering what the next few options are for me to skill up? I'm trying to get my damn Alchemy up in the 90s to make a lot of my money back and to be able to start making Crimson Gear. Anywho, I appreciate any advice, in-game or via forums.

BTW, i'm on Fairy with you guys. Hey Atriedes.

-Greyheart
    X-pots to 77 is one if you want some return on investment, Venom Bolt heads to 78(?) if you just want to throw everything away after.

Never checked, but do X-Pots sell often? I made a fortune off Hi-Pots on my mule. Currently netter her a Mil or so, just off pots and silver bullets.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Alright so I joined the thread late but...

Rainbow thread has risen to 480k a stack, and .9 away, my tab is gonna be pretty high ^^;
    o m f g

How much are spider webs on your server?

Asura webs are 20k, stacks of thread are around 510k. 30k premium for having someone else bother to collect and make them isn't bad.

i still dont get why people would bother with papillon.

platinum nuggets have kinda tanked recently since everyone and their mother gardens them, but once you've past the plat. nugget cap there's no reason not to just switch over to gold....

I mean... philosopher's stones and gold leaf are somewhat hard to come by but with current prices you actually make money off of it...