+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Ballista: Linkshell wars, any interest?

If any of you have had a chance yet, the new ballista system is amazingly fun. You spend 200 ballista points in return for a full hour of PRIVATE balli sta. Not only is it private, but you can set your own rules. Some things which caught my attention were you can shut off subs, make it so you can toss unlimited amounts of petras in at once, and some other very amazing things.

The way the private ballista works is upon reserving your hour of ballista, you are given a "Ballista White Pages Book" (or something of similar effect). When you use it you get a page of it. When you use the page, you get another page. It's basically the same as how you enter dynamis. You trade a page to somebody else, who trades it to the NPC in ru lude gardens. Inside the person who spent the 200 ballista points trades his book in and sets the rules. After setting the rules, the MC can open up registration. You trade your ballista page and are placed on either the "Wyverns" or "Griffons". If you bring even teams (ie 30v30) you can get a group of people all on to the same team before you start the match.

My proposal: Private l inkshell battles, tournament style. I would like to organize a tournament involving all of the "End Game" linkshells of bahamut. Winner takes bragging rights, while loser takes shame.

So, what I want to know is, are the other End Game linkshells interested in this?

Vid? MWM? Mt? Guys? Anyone?

Good idea.

How about basing it solely off of kills, rather than actually scoring Petras?

Would be hard to keep score properly and legitamitely though. But more fun when you're focused on ripping people apart. ^^;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

basing it solely off kills would just be a way of guaranteeing the LS with the most monks wins

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

ranjas man....ranjas

That would be cool geno, although that would just make any BLM destroy everyone and it would be about who has more BLM.

With the petra system, it's who has more skill. The area private ballista is located in is the hut in ghelshba outpost for DRG quest and such. Rather, it is that ENTIRE first map. You can go anywhere around it without having some noob spamming /check on you, or people /shouting "GO RANDOM NATION!" "LOUD NOISES!" etc.

Still wanting to see if any LS leaders are interested though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarao
    ranjas man....ranjas
    Not at all.

Damn you guys post fast >_> You should really start up some sort of instant messenger lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It is our duty to know whast going on all the time in the forums

Also, I have nothing to do when I'm not in FFXI but sit on this site, especially at school....so it passes time really well~

*hits refresh button*

Chuck Norris is my hero ; ;

Come on, wheres all the other damn LS's at?

EDIT: And why isn't my avatar working? I'm going to go shoot myself now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I want to 1v1 scunsion

Sir, are you challenging me to a duel?

Oh yea, and another good thing about the new ballista.

NO LONGER WILL A GOD DAMN TARUTARU WHM KILL YOU! :D

Stoneskins effect has been durastically lowered. I can now take down a WHM's stoneskin+blink within 2 rounds of swings easily.

if thats true

I got a score to settle with the Mammy.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I <3 Mammy, and its so not fair to do this to us! We should make all melee H2H except mnk, mnk have to not use anything but staff, and a treat staff at that!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you could make it no sub jobsssssssss just main jobs only lol

and all blms should go as BLM/NIN to have fun lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

do you know how much that would suck for blms?

spell interruption= gg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

cat fight! ;3

lets do it owned .....

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good idea orf, we would finally come to the conclusion WHOS THE BETTER NINJA!
    I think it would be sooo sweet to have every HNM ls send it's best 75nin vs another 75nin with no subs a nin tornament infact all jobs 1 on 1, drk vs drk |can i have it?| Good idea Orfeo