Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: leathercraft     submit to reddit submit to twitter

leathercraft

i started doing leathercraft a while back and now im stickin to it cuz its my highest craft skill. I heard its not that great of a craft to skill, am i wasting my time? should switch to another craft?

New Merits
    BG Level

It's a gambler's craft. At least on Shiva, you HQ Brigandine or Amemit and you have huge profit, you make a normal one and you might as well sell to NPC because the AH price is getting so ridiculously low. Here Sniper's +1 are going down too, but it's still like a 1.3m profit for HQ, with about 100k loss/synth making NQ. So yeah, most normal synths are at a loss, but the HQ's can be great money.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

leathercraft can't make cursed items except for zenith pumps
    all crafting is really is just gambling your money in hope of HQ'ing something. leathercraft is probably one of the most annoying crafts because hides don't stack, and materails r scarce once u're at a higher skill. good luck w/ur route to 100

wood?

what about woodworking? i was thinking of skilling that instead
    -Kaz

"i read somewhere that their period attracts bears... the bears can smell the menstration..!!"
    -Brick

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

purely my opinion

the best money makers are the crafts that mainly deal with consumables:
    cooking and alchemy are big winners with woodworking a close 3rd.

These items never go out of style, because when they are used, they are wiped from the economy. There is ALWAYS a demand for those items.

The catch is the money is slow, but it is very hard to lose money using those crafts.

The gamble money makers are the ones that deal with equipment. You make your money HQing big items. The only problem is, these HQ's never leave the economy, when the buyer is finished with it, they just put it back on sale.

For you 100 leathercrafters out there what did you do with all the tiger and panzer masks you made on the 90-100 run? Selling them on the AH seems like a total waste of time (putting 30 masks up will get half of them sent back) and vendoring them doesn't get much in return. I have been desynthing tiger masks in hopes of getting undead skin that I can use but so far that hasn't worked out very well (about 1/10 masks gets a skin).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    The gamble money makers are the ones that deal with equipment. You make your money HQing big items. The only problem is, these HQ's never leave the economy, when the buyer is finished with it, they just put it back on sale.
    I bet the GM's buy stuff off the AH like this, maybe they use all the money we pay for chocobos . I mean if they didn't in a set amount of time the economy would become so saturated with these items they would be worthless and I don't think SE will allow that to happen.

Guess we'll see as the game get's older.