Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going for HQ - Tips?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Going for HQ - Tips?

Well, I'm not doing the crafting, a friend is. He's 100+6 in Alchemy and if I remember right he's about 3/30ish on HQ's (Hawker Knives). I'm just wondering what conditions are best for HQ's specifically. I have WW to 59 currently, but I've only ever dealt with skill up conditions. I'm going to buy the materials for a bunch of Hawker's at a time and hand them over, hoping for the HQ. I'm just wondering what conditions (Moon, day) will give you the best HQ chances.

Any info (or experience) would be great. I'd like to make as little attempts as possible

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Generally, when you are going for a HQ, you want to increase your chances of failure. New Moon is better for HQ, synthing on the day strong to the crystal you are using also, or darksday for any crystal other than dark and lightsday for dark crystals. (Fire > Ice > Wind > Earth > Thunder > Water > Fire)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Your best bet would to try April 27, 09:55:12 - 10:52:48 (Pacific Time) this is the next Darksday (2%) New Moon.

Also make sure not to wear pants.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Randori
    Your best bet would to try April 27, 09:55:12 - 10:52:48 (Pacific Time) this is the next Darksday (2%) New Moon.

Also make sure not to wear pants.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong.
    I'm a tailor (well, clothcrafter) you jerk @.@, stop ruining my business!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i think from experience, since the update of Sea, HQ'ing has been different. it use to be, day weak to crystal = hq up, or day strong to crystal = hq up and day b4 the crystal = hq up. now i think it's possibly changed, i get more hq on day of crystal vs. the day the crystal is weak to. but then again, it's just about having some luck

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cloude
    i think from experience, since the update of Sea, HQ'ing has been different. it use to be, day weak to crystal = hq up, or day strong to crystal = hq up and day b4 the crystal = hq up. now i think it's possibly changed, i get more hq on day of crystal vs. the day the crystal is weak to. but then again, it's just about having some luck
    I've gotten the same results. I get better HQs on days that my crystal is strong, also since the sea update. So using a Fire Crystal I craft in Iceday facing East (Ice) and have pretty consistently good results. Lightsday and Firesday are also performing well with Fire Crystals. Watersday and Darksday, my old preferred HQ days, are doing crap.

And here I thought I was going crazy, glad to see someone else noticed it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Same thing since sea update

I have noticed that same thing since the Sea update on level 14 rings and level 10 earrings. I am 66 GS which puts me at 31 over the cap. On Earthsday new moon I ran 10/14 HQ last crafting session. In order to better test this theory I will have to sit down and craft some rocks into gemstones as I have done more research with that synth and HQ.

Minihex
    Siren Server

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Noticed less HQs on Lightsday than Darksday still.. but day of crystal doing good.

Then again, I'm going for Wizard cookies.. haha >.>