Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kunwu Ore?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kunwu Ore?

Anyone know where this comes from?

Ouryu

It drops from the BCNM fight with Ouryu that is activated by key item "Cloud Evoker." This is not to be confused with the CoP Mission Ouryu fight. Cloud Evoker can be obtained from several ENMs.

I posted that question months ago, I've found out since then. My new question is how many dead babies do I have to sacrifice to get the ore.

We'll be trying the BC this weekend. I doubt we will win since sekaix got pwned at it. But should be fun and worth a shot. :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    I posted that question months ago, I've found out since then. My new question is how many dead babies do I have to sacrifice to get the ore.
    If you sacrifce them when they are dead it doesn't count, you need to get them fresh. And I estimate about 1,563.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    If you sacrifce them when they are dead it doesn't count, you need to get them fresh. And I estimate about 1,563.
    Nono, I meant I kill them at the altar, then sacrifice their fresh, bloody corpses.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's a really tricky BC 3 or 4 attempts so far all 5-15% health remaining when time runs out, all different strats. The worst part is being ejected from the BC dead means you're in a 40 cap area and have to eat a raise 1. Good luck.

Ouryu Overwhelmer is the title earned, the coolest part of the BC I think. It's been beat on Fenrir and they have done the whole ore -> ingot -> sheet thing, with just a kunwu sheet to show off. Is its use confirmed? DRK jse body only? '-'

all pieces off the black (HQ onyx) drk JSE set use 1 kunwu iron/sheet to make them, with the exception of the body piece (called Plastron) which uses two. Ouryu drops enough ore to make 1 iron.

Which means you have to fight ouryu 6 times to make a complete set >_>

I think it's a lot like Molybdenum ores from Jormungand, as you can expect 3-4 ores per Ouryu kill. So maybe you'll only need to kill it 2 times per full set or so, banking on fortunate crafting. But I'm not a DRK, is this JSE even good? or another RDM jse equivalent? Earthen Abjs vs DRK jse! Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I think it's a lot like Molybdenum ores from Jormungand, as you can expect 3-4 ores per Ouryu kill. So maybe you'll only need to kill it 2 times per full set or so, banking on fortunate crafting. But I'm not a DRK, is this JSE even good? or another RDM jse equivalent? Earthen Abjs vs DRK jse! Go.
    not quite true...

the difference is the recipe for the ingot.

Molybdenum ingot: iron ore x3 + molybdenum ore

Kunwu Iron: darksteel ore + kunwu ore x3

Ouryu drops 3 kunwu ores (from what all those that beat him say) per battle, which makes 1 iron, which in turn makes 1 piece of black/onyx gear (1/2 of a plastron).

Jormungand drops 4 (?) molybdenum ores, which makes 4 ingots, which in turn makes 4 corazzas.

Oh wow; I didn't realize that. Have fun DRKs. :/

Also to note I think that JSE set (this is like the mid-level-ish set right? correct me if misinformed) is only good when HQ'd, the NQ only gives def >.> Then again, like I said, could be misinformation @.@

You're thinking of another set that uses aluminium.

My bad @.x

most darks say the legs piece is the best

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

How good is the Absorb enhancement?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ul7/drkjse.jpg

this person's LS killed Ouryu a buncha times. they buy other people's Cloud evoker's even and take them to the BC.

LazyShell
    BG Level

sorry, forgot to login, guest was me. forgot to say that she has 4/5 JSE (hands are AF2), and the shoes she has are HQ JSE.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

That is one pimp looking set. Find out how good the absorb enhancements are. :3