Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Does that Justify MPK?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell ya

29 61.70%
  • Hell no

9 19.15%
  • There will be more

9 19.15%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does that justify MPK     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Does that justify MPK

Say an known group of RMT get a HNM (IE Fafinar, Aspi, KB) and triggers in sky. Does that justify an MPK since they are going to only get the items for sell. And what if they monoplized that HNM/Trigger. would that be an even more justifyable reason for MPK?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe you dont MPK for any reason unless a person or group MPK you first on the same mob. Ultimately, if you MPK gilsellers, they will MPK you back and it would be atrocious to have to deal with that daily.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

But just think, they do it once, and it keeps happening back and forth everyday... think of the drama and 10 page long posts here!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Maybe if they are in sky, ask for a (poisona) (can i have it?) and see if someone falls for it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gilsellers @ Fafnir would be entertainment.

I wonder if they would clear the darters to try to get him to pop like they were clearing Detectors for Mother Globe on Bahamut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Gilsellers @ Fafnir would be entertainment.
    Perhaps you didn't hear.

They pulled Faf one day on Bahamut. I heard they got Flail'd and wiped. They also sat at Olla spawn "waiting for it to pop" for over 24 hours.

No joke.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

To monopolize sky and the 3 HNMs etc...gilsellers would have to form actual LSes with 18+ people to make it efficient against gods and w/e else they fight that is hard. This is unlikely....

Sure, they'll do gods and sell the shit or try fafnir (and lose)....but to ever monopolize it would take alot of man hours and constant work.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The current gil sellers on our server are on 24/7... what are you talking about man hours? They have people taking shifts.

Also the new batch of them is from Korea, not China.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

He said monopolize. In no way will they ever be able to monopolize sky or the HNMs. Ever. There's just too much competition as it is now, and these people who ruin the game for everyone else probably don't have the resources to do it.

You say they stay up 24/7 and have shifts....that's fine, but they will never be able to keep up with the bigger faster LSes on the server at this point in time or even in the future.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarao
    He said monopolize. In no way will they ever be able to monopolize sky or the HNMs. Ever. There's just too much competition as it is now, and these people who ruin the game for everyone else probably don't have the resources to do it.

You say they stay up 24/7 and have shifts....that's fine, but they will never be able to keep up with the bigger faster LSes on the server at this point in time or even in the future.
    But you don't have to monopolize every pop item in sky to completely wreck it. What happened to Kirin when SC wasn't popping? Monopolizing one or two god pop NMs will utterly ruin end-game in sky.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

There's no reason to argue with me. I was simply stating the apparent answer to the poster's question. Also, plz do give an example of the 'monopolizing' of one of two gods while SC wasnt popping ruined our server's LSes end game. I seem to recall that our LS pretty much stopped gods until SC was back in place, or slowed the process either way...right?

If you read what Sept said, he said that SC being broken pretty much screwed sky over.

So if some LS monopolizies just one certain pop item NM in sky, it will be the same exact thing. They'll probably go after Zip nonstop.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The fact is: That didn't happen.

What didn't happen?

Excuse me? No, pretty much all the LSes were not in sky as long as normal, because you couldn't pop Seiryu and you couldn't pop Kirin because of that.

I seem to recall that our LS pretty much stopped gods until SC was back in place, or slowed the process either way...right?
    You even just said it yourself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The fact is: That didn't happen.
    You do realize it very well could happen in the near future. There is a new LS called SkyBoy which is made up of 18-20 gil sellers and they are getting pop items like crazy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also, plz do give an example of the 'monopolizing' of one of two gods while SC wasnt popping ruined our server's LSes end game. I seem to recall that our LS pretty much stopped gods until SC was back in place, or slowed the process either way...right?
    Also, do you even read what you post? Septimus said that taking away one pop item can ruin sky for everyone. When SC was broken, it ruined sky for everyone because we didn't go. Why didn't we go? Because a single pop item could not be obtained. The same effect would be achieved if a gil seller LS turned Steam Cleaner into Stroper Chyme or Amemet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I guess...All I'm saying is that they will be unlikely/unable to do as well as LSes like BG/sekaixls/way/pg who have already done the 'monopolizing' seeing as they were the 1st LSes there (forgive me for all the other LSes I didn't mention, these are off the top of my head) and can, at anytime, go back and continue doing so.

If a Gil Selling LS turns a pop item NM into an NM that you really have to know the time it will pop to be able to camp it and not spend 3 or more hours of your time waiting for it to pop, it will have a negative effect overall on end-game.

If they do this with (seeing the most prime candidate for money in sky is Genbu) Zipacna, consider our chances of popping a Genbu or a Kirin significantly reduced.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sshhh, the could be reading these forums as we speak.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Sshhh, the could be reading these forums as we speak.
    Because they haven't started trying this already...