+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I have an idea. A good one.

Let's all call SE's tech support since they just opened and start bitching.

Sounds like a blast!

Edit: I just called the number and got a BUSY SIGNAL! (All right!) By the way, the number is: 1-858-790-7529.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

w

Also, on their online web-based tech support, I'm sitting here with the window open since exactly 9:00am PST.

Still no one to talk to. Busy signal on the phone. Pissed off as hell.

Ok, I think I might have just quit.

Here is what happened when I got connected to someone:

You have been connected to Sean Michael.
    Sean Michael: We are currently aware that some PlayOnline members are unable to connect to the PlayOnline service. We are working diligently to locate the source of these troubles and will update the official PlayOnline website with any updates on the matter. Please be aware that the issue is most likely temporary and will hopefully be resolved soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Thank you for visiting our PlayOnline Chat line. Take care and hope to see you online!
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
    I was not given an oppurtunity to say anything.
    The phone support line is still ringing as 'busy'. Are they too cheap to even put in some kind of a queue? What the fuck is this shit?

I'm going to go run off some steam then I'll be back.

New Merits
    BG Level

i cant blame them... i wouldnt want to talk to 800 14 year olds upset that their video game isnt working when its not even SE's fault, whether or not you believe they are being ddos'ed or not, I think there is a 0% chance of making this up.

14 year olds upset that their video game isnt working
    What about the people who aren't 14 that actually pay for this shit and then get no information offered for this day as to what's going on?

Then get absolutely no service from a representative?

New Merits
    BG Level

what do you expect them to say? they're being ddos'ed and are trying to fix it...

Quote Originally Posted by bait
    what do you expect them to say? they're being ddos'ed and are trying to fix it...
    How about: We understand that this problem is in no way our customers fault, therefor being the customer service based company that we have claimed to be, we are offering xxxxxx to compensate our loyal fanbase. Heh EQ2 did it, 2 weeks after launch at that. Free week of gameplay, and accelerated exp gain. To bad the game sux

New Merits
    BG Level

maybe im the only one who doesnt feel like SE owes me something for 3 hours of downtime they cant control... who knows maybe they will do something after all this is resolved (i know, doubtful)

same crap happens when Comcast fails, you call their number and try to talk to anyone, you get to an automated message cuz they don't want to hear your bitching.

Eventually on an off day you can get through, bitch and get money off your bill.

Regardless of DDoS attacks or whatever, there should be SOME compensation for us not being able to play.

You mention before that "why don't you give them your money"

Its more like they just take it, since they use our credit card / bank account numbers and just pull the money from there

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    How about: We understand that this problem is in no way our customers fault, therefor being the customer service based company that we have claimed to be, we are offering xxxxxx to compensate our loyal fanbase. Heh EQ2 did it, 2 weeks after launch at that. Free week of gameplay, and accelerated exp gain. To bad the game sux
    Didn't EQ2 also do this?

(I've been waiting all day for a relevant post for that...)

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Didn't EQ2 also do this?

Hahahahhaa that is funny, dont forget EQ2's awesome idea to be able to order Pizza Hut from the in game menu. Now they are even setting up RMT servers .......... I hate that piece of shit game

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Everquest has /pizza

>_>

<_<

Didn't EQ2 also do this?

Hahahahhaa that is funny, dont forget EQ2's awesome idea to be able to order Pizza Hut from the in game menu. Now they are even setting up RMT servers .......... I hate that piece of shit game
    The whole pizza ordering thing was a joke that Penny Arcade stole from CAD (Ctrl-Alt-Del, yes, it's a webcomic too). Although it really wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Didn't EQ2 also do this?

The whole pizza ordering thing was a joke that Penny Arcade stole from CAD (Ctrl-Alt-Del, yes, it's a webcomic too). Although it really wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened.
    http://everquest2.station.sony.com/pizza/

At first... that was just a joke... a really funny joke...

Now that it's true... god, it's just not funny anymore...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    At first... that was just a joke... a really funny joke...

Now that it's true... god, it's just not funny anymore...
    Or is it even funnier now that it is true?

I don't know. I think it's kinda sad myself. What do you think?

great another afternoon of POL-0011 errors...

basically a week of tip top service from the SE folks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumibumi
    great another afternoon of POL-0011 errors...

basically a week of tip top service from the SE folks
    what time did this crap happen? I remember I logged on at 5AM CST before work, so I'm probably kicked out, huh?