Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manaburn Party Locations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Manaburn Party Locations

I recently got invited to my very first Manaburn party. Setup was as a usual manaburn party is, except instead of a Bard we had a Red Mage (No biggy).

We were around.. 53-55 I believe, fighting Sand Lizards and Rabbits on Cape Terrigan with Freeze.. Our Red Mage pulled with Gravity, when the mob got close he'd sleep it and we'd cast our spells. The exp was so so, but the experience was great.

Anyway.. I was wondering if anyone who has been in quite a few manaburn parties would know where to level 55-75 (If manaburn parties even exist in the 70's.) I find normal parties boring now, and have been itching to start up another manaburn party, I need my fix!

I wouldn't use ancient in any pt ever, except for just to try to have fun with mb'ing it once. The damage per MP cost is too high and the cast time can be replaced with a few smaller nukes for way less MP.

Given a brd, BLM PTs can work almost anywhere that works for anything else. Traditionally they go to King Ranperre's Tomb at 70-75, but I've been in ones that did Uleguerand King Buffalos and Al'Taieu Om'phuabo and they were both very good.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i did a blm pty @ korroloka tunnel @ lvl 5

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've noticed most manaburns like to /sea all Totien and camp right on top of me. Other than that I can't help you.

Don't go to KRT. Ever.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sea onry (70+)

New Merits
    BG Level

i had a manaburn pt at like 56ish with 5 blm and a brd and the brd would pull (crabs and pugils in teriggan) and 1 freeze or burst from each of us would usually kill the mob

chain 5's for 300+. usually the cost of ancient magic is too high but 300 mp from each person for a 5 second death and 250 xp base is worth it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I manaburned at 67ish in Dragon's Aery. ~290 exp per kill.

God I love BLM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

ya start where mifaco did, thats when i did too after dragons aery move to king ramp's tomb. Try to shoot for 4 Blms 1 Rdm and 1 brd

How come know one uses stun cycal? If your not stunning your nukeing.. This is how I did it. At 61 my pt went to steelshells and raped the zone.

doing Manaburns almost everytime I do pts now.. Chain 5 +250xp everytime... but u need a experience brd>>

Well I just got done with a 5 hour manaburn party, went from 60 to 63 during that time. Once again we were using ancient magic, Freeze and Burst. Our setup was BLM, BLM, BLM, BLM, RDM, BRD. We were popping chains for 370 exp, which was incredible to me. I've never seen exp that high, except in ENM stuff.

We made it into a perma-manaburn party and are planning on going to Den of Rancor, I have no clue how to get there, no clue what we'll be fighting there.. so once I again I need some help. We'll probably end up using ancient magic, but we had no problem with the damage per MP cost, Mage's Ballad I and II plus Refresh and food kept us well above 800 MP at all times (Unless we had just cast a spell).

Does anyone know what would be suitable for a manaburn party to take on in this area?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Probably fight Toramas, but I don't know we ran out of mobs there with melee and had to wait for respawn at times as the only party. I guess if your feeling brave you can pull the onions, and monkeys that are in that section as well. Maybe you should concentrate on getting sky, then you would know where Den of Rancor is

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You're thinking of Onzozo.
    You'll prolly be fighting lizzies in rancor, possibly mandies or opo's depending on spawn rates and such.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Actually I was right, just had wrong name of mob down. He will be fighting TORMENTORS in Den of Rancor

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Highest chain I ever received in manaburn PT in King Ranperre's Tomb. BLM BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD set up.

Highest chain I got in a MNK MNK MNK WHM RDM BRD PT in KRT. (We could have kept going but another MNK PT showed up and killed the mobs.)

MNK PT > BLM PT. ;P The EXP went by much faster in the MNK PT as long as no one else around.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Setsuko you havn't experienced the pure fucking pwnage of blm duo/trio at sea. :3 I swear SE went "How can we add new areas for blm to exp very well at and other jobs to be completely useless at..."

Maybe you should concentrate on getting sky, then you would know where Den of Rancor is
    I have been trying to get sky access, but at 63 no one will invite me to a ZM4 party, 'cause I'm too low.

To Setsuko: We would have gotten that high I'm sure, but Boyadha was infested with BST. Our mobs we're getting charmed left and right. T_T

Anyway, thanks to the people that responded. BLM > All! >_>

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Sorry I haven't experienced the pwnage of BLMs in sea but at least I experienced the pwnage of MNKs Maybe someday I'll go to sea x-x I work too much. Hell. Yesterday I called work and told my boss I had food poisoning so I could stay home and EXP BST and level teh cooking >.>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

lizzies might get a tp move off every once in a while baleful gaze ;3 other than getting stoned is ok