Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How possible is it to have...

Sorry for the post but i was amusing myself on Alla and someone said that they "knew a guy" that has all crafts to 100. Being on seperate mules and such.

Now with 8 crafts at 100 and time involved and gil involved.... whats the odd? I mad a comment there that odds are with gil buying its possible but was Karma'd

Well, gilbuying is possible for it, however, it kinda depends which first few crafts he leveled first. Some crafts are ludicriously more profitable than others (ie. Goldsmithing vs. anything) and have a high turnover rate way later on the craft, thus making a huge net profit.

Fishing would just require a shitton of patience, Clothcraft, aside from the fact it seems to take me forever, isn't all that bad honestly.

There are ways to get around the mundane and "powerlevel" a craft relatively quickly, but it of course requires a huge bank account.

I could say it's possible, but you'd be a nut to have it that way.

No, clothcraft is horrible to get to 100 first...your choice for 99->100 (for example) is errant cape (10m+), cursed dalmatica (3m+) or blessed briault (8m+).

All the crafter-barons I know seem to have leveled bonecraft or leathercraft first. Chrysta on someserver or another has 4 vet crafts I think -- 2 of those at 100 -- and started with leather, and I think he's NA. Ryuit, Asura's local baron, has leather on his main, but then has vet in every craft except cooking and bonecraft. Those crafts have a decent balance between expense and return, whereas alchemy and cooking lack the return and clothcraft, woodcraft, smithing, and goldsmithing become prohibitively expensive at some point on the path to 100 where you basically need another funding source to prevent yourself from going bankrupt.

I know of one other baron on our server, and of course Ronaud who migrated to Remora.

It's not impossible, and no you don't need to buy gil to do it. Just play a long time. Hell I have a mule with almost-vet bonecraft and another mule with 64 alchemy. I don't raise them much because it is such a time sink...The greatest factor is time...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ronaud >_> He finally got all crafts to 100 a couple months ago, but his main thing is crafting cursed -1 gear now. He currently has full Hetacomb -1 in Bazaar, and a couple Wyrmal there too. The guy has too much money

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Chrysta on Ragnarok has four crafts at 100 (Clothcraft, Leathercraft, Goldsmith and Woodwork) and all relevent subs for each leveled on each character. He's really easy to deal with and is pretty cheap and reliable to get anything made.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what i was basically saying is that the odds to have "all crafts" to 100 and not purchase gil and such is about as rare as Septimus converting over to a mithra stalker.

I have researched crafts and such and what required for each and the gil involed alone to level all of them is more than anyone could get in gaming career. We are lookign at Upwards of 400 million + gil and then that not factoring levelling and time to craft. I know people who have 2-3 crafts levelled to 100 and they buy gil. I know some who dont.

I guess if you hit 75 and then devote all your time to gil / crafting you might be able to in 2 years or so. i just dont see how or why you wouldwant to... i would say there is a 1 out of 10000000000000000000000000000000000 chance a person could have all crafts to 100 and not buy gil.

Oh well... its fun annoying Alla posters!

Uhhh...it is possible to get all crafts to 100 and not buy gil. The key is to get one to a point where you are rolling in money from it, and then put that into the other crafts. I highly doubt Chrysta purchases gil; why bother, when you can make more than enough from crafting?

I made an aristocrat's tunic the other day. Had I taken profit from that of 20-30m? and powerleveled mules, I can take alchemy, cooking, and woodworking 0->100. That's using the profit from one. single. synth. I also make blessed trouser +1, and I am just happy to have made it. The dude I made it for gave me 100k as a tip, LMAO, but I am just happy to do cool crafts.

BTW, 400m gil isn't too much. I myself have a net worth somewhere 60-80m, not counting invaluable things like craft skill, and
    1) I don't play 24/7
    2) I've only been playing since dec '03 (Compare to JP who have been playing since Apr/May '02)
    3) I don't even have sky and haven't ever touched anything that even approaches "HNM" status.

I'm at a point where I don't really care to earn any more money so I just do interesting synthesis for free. If I was trying to earn money these last 3 months I would probably be at the 100m net worth mark.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    400m gil isn't too much.
    LOL.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

LOL.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

my alchemy is 84 and i have already spent 10 millionish.... and now i am getting to the expensive stage.

you must suck at crafting then.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hmm, not really. Alchemy is pretty cheap to level, considered to most, but once you get to the higher levels it becomes much more expensive to make synths. I have known friends who spent millions in goldsmithing for getting like .3s, altogether, after level 60+. If you are able to make immense amounts of gil with your uber crafting abilities then perhaps you would like to give him suggestions for leveling his craft and make money. Thing is that generally pretty much everyone fights to level there crafting on a few things, so they sell extremly fast at the AH, generally at a price that is higher then what they can be resold for. You bite the bullet and lose money on these in hopes that you can get to a level where you can regain that money, and make more. The whole idea of leveling a craft is a long term investment, you don't make money while leveling most. What did you take cooking up? Cause not all crafts are equal to level, you don't seem to have much experience in your crafting from the response you gave. Granted I never leveled high in my crafts I had 44 Alchemy, 45 Fishing, and 43 Bonecraft, yes I got burnt out in the mid 40s on all the ones I leveed

Let me put it this way, i powerleveled alchemy to 64 recently on a mule, and after reaching 64 I have overall profit of about 500k, mostly because of holy bolt heads, prism powder, sarui-ran, and hi-potions all go for a good profit.

Are you telling me that 64-84 is cost 500k per level? I don't think so. For one, I can do sleep bolt heads at breakeven for a few levels yet. Once reaching 68 I can use anima synthesis and HQ45% on mercury to do synthesis that cost maybe 3k each. Even if I discard these (and I probably will) cost per level is under 100k. After 71+cadeuceus I use paralysis potion, stocking up for mamushito, until 78. Once again I can use anima synthesis to make photoanima, or I can make ouka ranman if I bother to run mule to sandy to level wood.

Even once I hit 84, I make the mamushito to 91 which are loss of about 5k each, at ~30 synth per level. That's only 150k per level cost, we are still well under cost of 10m. Then, there are several ways to go through 90s depending if you move fast or slow, and you can stay inexpensive (under 1m per level) until at least post-papillon. Only after 98 does alchemy get "expensive" per synth, but by then you can finish in 60-100 synths.

FYI my crafts are cloth 95.7 all the rest 60 except gold (51), bone (30), cook (34), and then mule with bone 87, with leather, wood 60 and a few other around 20, and then mule with alchemy 64, with hardly any subs -- only cooking 10 for sairui and smithing 15 for status bolt heads (alchemy is really light on subcraft requirements, another reason why it is cheap)

My clothcraft makes me 10-15m per month, and I don't seriously try to make money, just synthesis for fun after coming home from work. This month (April) I broke a galateia (4m) and bought 2 sniper +1 rings (costed 6.4m after selling nq rings) and did make the aristocrat coat and blessed trouser +1 for only gratuity, and have not sold elite beret +1 yet (3-4m) and I am still up 3m in cash.

Are you saying with this kind of income we need to buy gil to raise other craftskills to veteran? You are ill informed.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

There is a JP God crafter ( as alot of people would call him ) that has ALL crafting at 100 including 60 sub crafts on all of them ( fishing not 100 i think ). Not only that but his HQ skills are off the chain. He has this bazaar mule in jeuno that has about 70mil worth of HQ items. Recently he HQed a aristocrats tunic for one of our whm. Anyway...this guy must have maybe 500mil gils or more on him. He is a very nice person also once you get to know him. I will show some SS when i can of his mule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomex
    Not only that but his HQ skills are off the chain.
    Because clicking a button to craft something requires some sort of "off the chain" skill.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

why are peopel so defensive....

Yay for you and your Pl a craft and all your other crafts... Most Alchemy recipes are only profitable after you HQ them or farm the materials. Silent oil and Prsisms both cost more to synth than you can sell them for. Well maybe break even or a few gil profit.

I never said that aperson "could not possibly have all crafts to 100" i am saying if you went from day 1 and levelled them and spent alot of time crafting and such it may be possible but the time involved would be very very very high. Why do people not read. I never said that the person was a liar nor did i say he was full of BS. I am saying that for gil / time involved it would be very unlikely to do and thats all.

If you wish to attack me and say i suck asa crafter go ahead... its not like i am goona cry in my MH til morning. I asked a simple question... The cost i mentioned involved supplies crystals guild point items and such...

Considering that i just finished the bloody bolt stage... on average took 2-3 stacks i.e. 24-36 synths to gain a full level. So thats 45k for beastmans blood 10k for bronze ingot 10 for root and 3k for crystals ... tiems on average 3 so thats 200k for a level.... apparently same time i decided to level on these so did half the server... they went from 14-15k a stack down to 8k range... so went from profit to a loss.

Some stages are slow and more expensive... when i levelled on Hi Potions there was average of 100-150 at anytime in jeuno for average price of 2k. It seems there was about 20 to 30 people levelling the craft same time as me on same recipes... Availability of materials and such was issue so prices were high. Alchemy as far as crafts go is one of the cheap ones yes.... On average any recipe i choose period was 50% loss after crafting... So if i spent 500k i was only getting 250k back and that was after a week or two of selling on my two mules and my main.

About 75% of time i had to NPC them to make at least some gil back... Venom Bolt heads.... potions... ethers..... Hi potions.... all sold to NPC. Its not for lack of patience either.

I will be the first to same my luck in game is very low. If i want to buy something and finally have gil for it guaranteed it will fgo up. Prime example i saved 250k for elemental torque... went to go buy and poof it was 450k... so i made 200k more and poof 1 million.. Igqira Weskit.... Saved 900k for and poof 2 million in a week and a half. Likewise if i try to sell something it will go down in price.... i upgraded to Diamond rings and tried to sell off old ones... price at time was 45k per.... put them up for 42k..... next day there was 30 mor ein ah and price is now 22k.... The bloody bolt and hi pots i already mentioned.

Luckily out of 3 BC70s i got two damascus ingots.... sold each for 2.2 million... that got me weskit and torque and rope. Maybe i should have levelled alchemy to 100 twice over... seems that everyone thinks it so cheap.

Camping ah aside.... Alot of stuff needed for synths was not available in Jeuno so i would have to get fro mBastok so instantly it will be more sicne people want to make more profit and people need them to synth. 60+ i could easily plop 250k down to get 2-3 levels....

Anyways... good luck with your Highly profitable and successful career of CLothcraft and such and next time try to be a bit more pleasnt and understanding.

I wonder if Worldx has 100 in call crafts

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    I wonder if Worldx has 100 in call crafts
    No .... He has 200 its the HQ of crafting

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I bet if anyone could do it, Worldx would strike up a deal with the GM's for their Judge's armor

He needs to post here, and have in his sig:

"I'm what dreams are made of."
    [Worldx]

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    I bet if anyone could do it, Worldx would strike up a deal with the GM's for their Judge's armor

He needs to post here, and have in his sig:

"I'm what dreams are made of."
    [Worldx]
    No, GM armor doesn't have the white box ;o