BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    The way it is setup is good, in theory. The problem doesn't lie in the setup, it lies in the fact that JP can out pull with zero problems. That's what needs to be fixed, not the end-game. I don't see why anyone is arguing...
    I think that may be one of the reasons they implemented trigger pop gods in sky, as well as the concept of Dynamis, and who knows what they have in store for the new gods in sea. Not only does this add variety to end-game but it gives a way to experience a side of end-game that doesn't require lowered settings, and being close to the server to participate in.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    rewards in this game have very little to do with effort, and everything to do with luck and circumstance.
    I would say the other way around. If you put in enough effort your bound to see the payoffs, and those payoffs are based on luck and circumstance, that without your effort, would never exist.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Honestly I forsee the gods in Sea being similar to the new alliance ENM fights. It really seems to me that there going full bore with the concept of instanced type of fights, which I like the idea of. As for now there is no reason to have Sea, which is pretty unfortunate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal
    Honestly I forsee the gods in Sea being similar to the new alliance ENM fights. It really seems to me that there going full bore with the concept of instanced type of fights, which I like the idea of. As for now there is no reason to have Sea, which is pretty unfortunate.
    No one knows but SE at this point

And there is plenty of reason to get to sea, going through CoP is a great experience, the missions, the storyline, everything is really well done. Much better than RoZ, gives a whole new feel to FFXI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Quote Originally Posted by joft
    rewards in this game have very little to do with effort, and everything to do with luck and circumstance.
    I would say the other way around. If you put in enough effort your bound to see the payoffs, and those payoffs are based on luck and circumstance, that without your effort, would never exist.
    No, no it is not the other way around. No amount of effort is going to make my ping magically go below 200ms. No amount of effort is going to make JP LS stop being able to camp the ground kings 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

I want my linkshell to be rewarded for skill, not for how close we are to the servers.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the problem with that is because of technical issues that is not controllable, some people have to put in more effort to get the same amount of payoff.

there's something inherently wrong with that concept i'm not comfortable with.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Have you all been dead to the world? You all speak of Sea Gods, but you know nothing of SE's sinister plan.

THERE WILL BE NONE!!!! BWAHAHAHA

They want you all to spend countless hours with your LS doing the missions only to go to Sea in hopes of Gods every big update, but never actually put them in!!!!

It's great.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We play a Japanese game.

I promise I don't work for SE or anything lol, I just get tired of seein the same old complaints about people that are so unhappy about end-game yet still log in everyday and keep playin.

I also agree it's a huge advantage to JP's. But what can be done? What will be done? Nothing.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let me paraphrase that. You saying that by putting all my effort into doing something and spending more time on my goals, my luck will increase?

Sorry, but luck has nothing to do with how much time you spend on whatever you trying to accomplish. The results could be in your favor on 1st try or they could be successfull on you 100th try. Shit, I walked in Maze of Shakrami for a quest, and saw someone die to Argus, I claimed it but no drop. No effort in camping yet I got the claim. Pure luck and circumstance.

Edit: I like your optimism in light of disadvantage. /cheer And you right, SE will never do anything to better NA's connection. People will always whine and complain about unfairness. Such is the way of life. It makes man jealous to see his neigbor prosper.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Let me paraphrase that. You saying that by putting all my effort into doing something and spending more time on my goals, my luck will increase?

Sorry, but luck has nothing to do with how much time you spend on whatever you trying to accomplish. The results could be in your favor on 1st try or they could be successfull on you 100th try. Shit, I walked in Maze of Shakrami for a quest, and saw someone die to Argus, I claimed it but no drop. No effort in camping yet I got the claim. Pure luck and circumstance.
    I'm sure your LS wouldn't just happen to be taking a stroll doing a quest in Dragon's Aery and happen to see an LS die to Nidhogg and kill it. It requires effort, effort to organize an entire LS to camp for 3 hours each day, and show up each day. I also agree SO much in this game is all about luck. But what I was sayin I guess applies more to my server, where it's seen so often that newer LS's come to try to compete, get discouraged, and stop putting in the effort.

Whereas the LS's that have what they have, got it through a ton of effort, and yes, a little luck.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    People will always whine and complain about unfairness. Such is the way of life. It makes man jealous to see his neigbor prosper.
    So true, so true.

Black Belt
    BG Level

We play a Japanese game.

I promise I don't work for SE or anything lol, I just get tired of seein the same old complaints about people that are so unhappy about end-game yet still log in everyday and keep playin.

I also agree it's a huge advantage to JP's. But what can be done? What will be done? Nothing.
    i'm not really that unhappy with end-game myself but i can see where the frustration is for other people.

i have a lot of personal goals that have nothing to do with end-game that keeps me coming back.

there are a lot of things that can be done if they want to do them, just whether or not they want to.

i'm more annoyed it takes them more than 2 months to release a full Chapter of missions than the end-game issues a lot of people have problems with. but just because i can look the other way doesn't mean i don't see the issues.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sure your LS wouldn't just happen to be taking a stroll doing a quest in Dragon's Aery and happen to see an LS die to Nidhogg and kill it.
    Coincidently, I think it has happened before if I'm not mistaken. lol

It requires effort, effort to organize an entire LS to camp for 3 hours each day, and show up each day.
    Same principals apply to Sky events each LS partakes in, just battlefield is changed, and yes you right, for something like that, it does require effort from LS leader and members, on top of dedication.

I also agree SO much in this game is all about luck. But what I was sayin I guess applies more to my server, where it's seen so often that newer LS's come to try to compete, get discouraged, and stop putting in the effort.

Whereas the LS's that have what they have, got it through a ton of effort, and yes, a little luck.
    If I'm not mistaken the point of this entire topic is to petition SE to improve the end-game for end-game LSs. Things maybe set in stone or maybe not, it's up to SE to see the future thru, but quiting the game over not being able to claim few HNMs is stupid, and pointless to whine about.

No petition is gonna change whatever business plan SE has laid out for FFXI, I'm sure their marketing team is well educated and well paid to keep people glued to the game. And I'm sure they have plans to bring back public to it if the profits stop dropping.

Doesn't matter what server you're on, the situation is the same, the scales are balanced in favor of Japanese players, cause it's Japanese games, but that means nothing. NAs, after having this game for nearly 2 years, have exceeded SE's expectations in terms of game progress and I'm sure their marketing department has taken notice. I'm confident that something will be done. (Sorta reminds me of HP's Vrtra video and what was said in LS chat by Tuan; "Keep doing what you were doing")

I'm not being optimistic, I'm being realistic. Money makes the world turn round.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Again not all servers are the same but some share this problem. Force popping these HNM's does not mean an abj. will drop at all. The drop rate could even be lowered for you few people that want to be elite and wear your gear proud. We all pay for this game, it is not free. We all want our end game gear and such before we leave. We are ALL entitled to this. The skill of killing a HNM is in the fight. Not you having a better latency to the person next to you. That is in no way skill.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'm sure most of you can agree, and this pertains to the three King pops, winning the claim is actually the hardest part of these battles now, winning against lantecy is tougher then beating up Fafnir for most LSs anymore.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal
    I'm sure most of you can agree, and this pertains to the three King pops, winning the claim is actually the hardest part of these battles now, winning against lantecy is tougher then beating up Fafnir for most LSs anymore.
    Honestly thats just wrong. The NM's themselves should be hard and next to impossible not that claim.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arlania
    Again not all servers are the same but some share this problem. Force popping these HNM's does not mean an abj. will drop at all. The drop rate could even be lowered for you few people that want to be elite and wear your gear proud. We all pay for this game, it is not free. We all want our end game gear and such before we leave. We are ALL entitled to this. The skill of killing a HNM is in the fight. Not you having a better latency to the person next to you. That is in no way skill.
    Your post reminds me of the "Who's the best SAM on so and so Server" thread on Allakazham.

So basically you want SE to hand you, for example, a Dalmatica for 13-something dollars a month because you are "entitled" to it. Get a clue or RMT yourself few mil and buy an Abjuration off a capable LS, because to me that's how your post sounds.

"Let me get my abjuration, cause I pay monthly fee" Thread. /hurray

We play a Japanese game.

Arth I really can't agree with you more fellow PLD,I only have 2/5 Koenig pieces myself,Currently on my server only 1 NA LS can kill Nidhogg..yes we have a JP time on ours...this is when 99% of the JP are sleeping.I only know of 3 NA PLDs that have Koenig body..all from the same LS of course,My LS is still trying to work on claiming/killing Fafnir 2 other NA LS camp him and he's botted "See Fafnir claiming problems thread" Asipid is killed easily and really isn't all that camped often,KB is a pain...1 or 2 LS can kill it (NA)
    Keonig is special,you have to want it bad enough and have a LS leader willing to put the work and time into getting his LS pimped out...alot of dedication goes into obtaining a Full Set.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Your post reminds me of the "Who's the best SAM on so and so Server" thread on Allakazham.

So basically you want SE to hand you, for example, a Dalmatica for 13-something dollars a month because you are "entitled" to it. Get a clue or RMT yourself few mil and buy an Abjuration off a capable LS, because to me that's how your post sounds.

"Let me get my abjuration, cause I pay monthly fee" Thread. /hurray
    Ummm no. My post is about SE solving an issue. People complain about latency all the time and that it is unfair. This is a way to deal with that. Im not saying SE gives out abj.s to everyone. Where did I say that? I said everyone has a RIGHT to earn it in a battle and HOPE it will drop. Decrease the drop rate on them to compensate for force popping.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What is amusing to me is that on our server that have been serveral JPs, that have tossed there regular abjuration gear from the King pops, just so they could upgrade to the -1, that just makes you feel even worse. There is a guy on our server who has full Koenig, full Adaman, and close to full Crimson, he is a reputation for voke botting all the King pops. It gets tough to keep morale up when you honestly have a 1% chance at winning the pop, basically like others said you just hope that they don't show up so you have a chance at it.