Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Your post reminds me of the "Who's the best SAM on so and so Server" thread on Allakazham.

So basically you want SE to hand you, for example, a Dalmatica for 13-something dollars a month because you are "entitled" to it. Get a clue or RMT yourself few mil and buy an Abjuration off a capable LS, because to me that's how your post sounds.

"Let me get my abjuration, cause I pay monthly fee" Thread. /hurray
    that's because you see the word "entitled" than lose the ability to keep reading.

i don't see any problem with people who think that if they can kill a mob, they should have a chance to kill it a few times and possibly get the drop.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arlania
    Ummm no. My post is about SE solving an issue. People complain about latency all the time and that it is unfair.
    Has anyone played this game on a T1 or better connection in US?

This is a way to deal with that. Im not saying SE gives out abj.s to everyone. Where did I say that? I said everyone has a RIGHT to earn it in a battle and HOPE it will drop. Decrease the drop rate on them to compensate for force popping.
    Lowering drop rate and making them popable like Gods is the same thing with trying to outpull you competition. Drop rate still sucks. Now you just have more proof that drop rate sucks.

Black Belt
    BG Level

if you don't know anything about latency, you should stop talking about it.

P.S. Bert's a noob, Lag is not Latency. the image file is called "lag.jpg"

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ummm no. My post is about SE solving an issue. People complain about latency all the time and that it is unfair.
    Has anyone played this game on a T1 or better connection in US?

This is a way to deal with that. Im not saying SE gives out abj.s to everyone. Where did I say that? I said everyone has a RIGHT to earn it in a battle and HOPE it will drop. Decrease the drop rate on them to compensate for force popping.
    Lowering drop rate and making them popable like Gods is the same thing with trying to outpull you competition. Drop rate still sucks. Now you just have more proof that drop rate sucks.
    At least this way everyone has a shot at that sucky drop rate.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

In networking, the amount of time it takes a packet to travel from source to destination. Together, latency and bandwidth define the speed and capacity of a network.

Now lets say we both have cable modems, that is far from unreasonable right? Now the JP population is 300 miles from the end of there line, yet I'm 3500 miles, who gets that packet first with all other things being equal?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You not answering my question. Has anyone tried to claim something with a T1 or better connection(in US of course)? C'mon, speak up.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hmm, my friend is a OC type connectin within in her college dorm, she can't out claim the JPs on these pops, for the most part they all still popped claimed. Her connection speed is unreal, over a T1 in speed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You not answering my question. Has anyone tried to claim something with a T1 or better connection(in US of course)? C'mon, speak up.
    I have one friend on a T1 that plays this game. He gets even more upset when KB spawns purple and running at someone.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Black Belt
    BG Level

yes

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Odd, NA's on our server have outclaimed JP's before, on more than one occasion. Including my LS, but let me guess - it's cause they all use bots right?

JP have an advantage but it IS possible to beat them. This thread is about petitioning to change end-game and I'm just arguing that in MY opinion acquiring your end-game gear being so hard is what I like about it. Whether it's because the JP's are usin amg voke-bots, because you have bad luck on drops, or cause you're LS isn't capable of handling the kings - whatever the reason - I like it this way cause the alternative (every 13yr old runnin around in Dalmatica) would make the items less rare, so less special when you do get one (think of Optical Hat, Kirin's Osode, Noble's Tunics, god gear a year ago and those items today, so common now-a-days)

What I'm sayin is that although yes, ground king gear is HARD to get, it is not all there is. It's just one aspect of end-game a lot of people, for whatever reasons, don't participate in. Again, in MY opinion, you guys want SE to make things easier, which *I* don't agree with. The challenges in FFXI is what keeps me playing, and what appealed to me from the start.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Also for people saying this will make the gear less elite. Consider this. If all severs and most players are loaded with people with end game gear what will SE do? Most people will want new gear and end game or quit. This will only force SE to come up with new stuff or risk losing customers. Also to people saying online petitions are crap. I remember an online petition helping with smn problems awhile back and making SE do lvl 20 avatar fights.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Odd, NA's on our server have outclaimed JP's before, on more than one occasion. Including my LS, but let me guess - it's cause they all use bots right?

JP have an advantage but it IS possible to beat them. This thread is about petitioning to change end-game and I'm just arguing that in MY opinion acquiring your end-game gear being so hard is what I like about it. Whether it's because the JP's are usin amg voke-bots, because you have bad luck on drops, or cause you're LS isn't capable of handling the kings - whatever the reason - I like it this way cause the alternative (every 13yr old runnin around in Dalmatica) would make the items less rare, so less special when you do get one (think of Optical Hat, Kirin's Osode, Noble's Tunics, god gear a year ago and those items today, so common now-a-days)

What I'm sayin is that although yes, ground king gear is HARD to get, it is not all there is. It's just one aspect of end-game a lot of people, for whatever reasons, don't participate in. Again, in MY opinion, you guys want SE to make things easier, which *I* don't agree with. The challenges in FFXI is what keeps me playing, and what appealed to me from the start.
    i didn't sign the petition because while i believe they should "fix" the endgame, the petition isn't the way it should be done.

i won't say i know the perfect way in which it should be done but i know there's got to be a balance.

let's say Kriegsbell for example, i don't see every NA RNG with one of those, no reason why Koenig Body can't be as "difficult" to obtain as that. it's also not in anyway dependent on latency.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're a masochist Ara, aren't ya?

I've seen your forums, I know how your LS treats you, and you like it. lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    let's say Kriegsbell for example, i don't see every NA RNG with one of those, no reason why Koenig Body can't be as "difficult" to obtain as that. it's also not in anyway dependent on latency.
    even less would have it if it was rare/ex like abjurations and not rmt'able like it currently is (cough)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    i won't say i know the perfect way in which it should be done but i know there's got to be a balance.

Yeah I can agree with that. I also wished that they would have made the BC99 fights a little more worth while... even if they had the chance to drop just ONE of the abjurations their counterpart does would be better than 85% of their drops being crap. I don't see why they can't, not liking obtaining 99 KS is easy to do, and the BC fights aren't exactly easy. The Chlevnik fight imo is harder than KB, since you can only go in with 18 (no one to sub in when dead, out of mp, etc) are on a time limit, and don't have nearly the amount of room to kite as in Behemoth's Dominion.

Oh well

You're a masochist Ara, aren't ya?
    lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am so glad that the only abj i wanted are hands and head for A ABj.... Dalamatica is so not for blm anyways.... and i am taru so full Zenith to me is like me having the hp of level 10 again...

I had OC-something (4 ping to east coast and 20 ping to west coast) at my college last year and pinged 200 to the bahamut server. I forget the address.

Because of all the intranational hops in both america and japan in addition to the entire ocean, it's physically impossible to get a 4ms ping, which is what JP who have hikari faiba- have. The only theoretical way to get it over that much distance is a direct connection from your house, or dorm, or apartment or whatever, into japan, and that doesn't exist.

In my opinion the endgame should not be changed in terms of how NMs pop. There should just be more of it. Recently a new JP LS was formed on bahamut and they win nearly every NM because:

1) they can kill the NMs (something easy, that most LSes can easily do)
    2) they can play at any hour of the day to adapt to the changing window (something we could and would do if claim wasnt the only factor)
    3) they have 20 people with 4 ping

so considering what's present in every hardcore and skilled LS, the deciding factor on whether you have KB, Nidhogg, and Aspid loot is connection speed.

after a year we just graduated from being able to count our HQ kills on our fingers and I remember every one specifically and how we claimed it. in over 100 NQ and HQ camps NAs in our LS have claimed 3 times with many JP rivals. other wins were either because we were alone, we had NA only rivals, or because a JP LS died to darters. the hardcore japanese players players have adapted to NA players camping what was previously solely theirs, and since some time in 2004, the phrase "JP time" became meaningless.

my opinion of a solution is not pop triggered mobs although I do think that would be decent, given the NMs (at this current point in the game) were no easier than Tiamat. back to my above idea of expanding content drastically, I just think there should be an extremely larger amount of endgame content to combat the unfairness. if there were many more NMs on 21-24 hour windows then not everyone could camp. also I think if the best mobs popped in more of a raid environment that was a serious challenge, needed 18 people, and maybe even dropped some moderate loot, so you couldn't just sneak to absolutely every good pop, then when NMs began to fall out of either NA or JP time they wouldn't continue to do them 24/7.

in terms of how much this would cost Square, I can't see how it would take very long to add a lot of this kind of stuff. If that's true and they know it, and they're willfully holding back content so people play longer (i.e. directly limiting how much dynamis $ you can get per week) just for marketing purposes, then damn, I really feel like leaving.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah. Latency is a big issue but sadly SE cant do anything about that. We need new end game material or a new system to pop HNM's that drop abj.s and ONLY the HNM's that drop these abj.s.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

BTW i just thought that i would say... from my hotel room in osaka i'm get 10ms send and recieve while i get 400+ in texas.

latency is a big, a fucking huge issue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast