Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Petition

Ok. In light of recent events ive read about I felt the need to petition SE about changes that I believe are due for our enjoyment of FFXI. I believe HNM's should be about skill and not out claiming another LS. This only results in hostility. You cant say it doesnt because everyone gets mad when they lose to another. I believe the only luck in a HNM fight should be what the drops are. If you dont have the skill to kill it then you shouldnt bother fighting it. Ive written a petition to SE about this and need signatures. Dont know if anyone wants to sign up or not but this is the link.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ffonline/petition.html

I think its time we had a voice heard instead of just whining in tells or forums.

~Arlania.

Edit: If you sign it please do so with your characters name and list your server in comments.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hate to darken your hopes...

But 10,000 peoples sig's didnt change shit when they didnt build a Japanese codec into NA/EU version.

(10,000 was the lasst figure I saw after 2weeks of a petition)

Also a change in there claim system would mean that would have ta create a whole new battle system. Too many man hours for too little people quiting over it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you don't like how they designed their game, don't play.

No petition is gonna change it so you can ??? spawn Nidhogg, KB, and Aspid so that every 75 noob can run around in full Koenig, Dalmatica, etc - that's what makes those drops so special, is the rarity and the work you have to go through to get them.

If you want skill to kill an HNM go play with the new CoP Wyrms.

haven't you heard, no one cares about online petitions

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    No petition is gonna change it so you can ??? spawn Nidhogg, KB, and Aspid so that every 75 noob can run around in full Koenig, Dalmatica, etc - that's what makes those drops so special, is the rarity and the work you have to go through to get them.
    What makes these drops so special is that people who have a fraction of your latency will always out pull you on them, so you will have to pray that no JP show up during the spawn window, hope that the JP LS who "magically" show up 3 minutes before the mob spawns wipe, resort to cheating, or just pay the JP LS that out-claimed you for the abjuration that your LS is more than fully capable of obtaining but can never get the claim.

Man, what a great system we have!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you don't like how they designed their game, don't play.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

every 75 noob that is JP can run around in full Koenig, Dalmatica, etc - that's what makes those drops so special, is the rarity and the ping you have to have to get them.
    fixed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Endless complaining is a good way to release frustration I guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you obviously haven't experienced the game the same way we have, judging from your avatar alone

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Remember when having a nobles tunic was the shit and not many people had one? Ah yes, I remember it now, only a few na's had nobles. who? me bert what? now every single tom dick and harry has one. Having one means nothing now.

I sure as hell don't want dalmaticas to be played out when I get one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    I sure as hell don't want dalmaticas to be played out when I get one.
    afk killing myself

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    you obviously haven't experienced the game the same way we have, judging from your avatar alone
    Sure we have. We have just as fierce competition on our server. You have a dalmatica, I have a Koenig Body. Both got from Nidhogg, what's your point?

We've only killed 9 Nidhogg's after 6-7 months actively camping, and we've got 5 N. Legs, 1 M. Body, 2 E. Body, and 3 A. Body. Not only do we have the few hardcore JP LS but we have some very very determined and dedicated NA LS that never miss a single camp.

We've sat there and lost pull after pull after pull. Win pull on Nidhogg after months of not touching it just to get N. Abj: Legs for DRK's, win pulls on KB after it being in JP time for 5 months only to get A. Abj: Feet. I just take the perspective that complaining doesn't help fix the situation. /shrug

win pulls on KB after it being in JP time for 5 months only to get A. Abj: Feet.
    ONLY A. ABJ: FEET !?!?
    I HATE BERT AGAIN!!

Anyway, you're still lucky to have 9 Nidhoggs and a M:Abj:Bd That's over 1 Nidhogg per month.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

your post still tells me that your server has a completely different situation from bahamut

you said KB was in jp time, and I read on your site that you held behemoth for 8 hours after a maintenance to bring it into NA time and killed it for the next few days and got KB

on bahamut there is absolutely no such thing as "jp time"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah for sure we appreciate the drops we do get and are thankful and all that. But just hate when people try to push it off as "Oh you're server is easy blah blah" makes it seem like all the hard work we put in to make this kinda stuff happen seem discredited ya know?

Gettin up early, holding NM's to our time, being jailed / banned for it, losin pull after pull after pull, clearin the place holder everyday to have JP show up on HQ day and win claim on Nid is all things we've had to deal with also.

Back on topic - even though I hate losin HQ claims and hate seeing shitty drops on the rare chance we do get claim - I still like the way FFXI's end-game is setup, and the things I don't like I learn to deal with.

The way it is setup is good, in theory. The problem doesn't lie in the setup, it lies in the fact that JP can out pull with zero problems. That's what needs to be fixed, not the end-game. I don't see why anyone is arguing...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    your post still tells me that your server has a completely different situation from bahamut
    As I'm sure every server's JP/NA competition scene differs.

For you guys it might be JP's, for us we have an NA LS that is very very fierce / dedicated to camping 3 kings everyday that we have to deal with for any king. Gotta give credit where it's due - and it's the reason every PLD in their LS has almost full Koenig, why they have 23~ Dalmatica's - cause they put in a ton of work to help pimp themselves out.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well it is tough to fix Latency issues, I mean are they supposed to move the servers to the North Pole in an attempt to fix it?

I'm not saying how they should fix it or if they can or if they ever will, I'm saying it's useless arguing about how they should fix the end-game because it's not the actual problem.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

rewards in this game have very little to do with effort, and everything to do with luck and circumstance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast