Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: +11 STR Yes, Please.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

+11 STR Yes, Please.

Alkyuneus is 21-24, do you have to kill the Giants before he pops though? Anyone know?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

No you don't Ciam. You can duo him pretty easily if you use /NIN, and take some Magey type with you. Good luck, hope you get the drop, I've known a couple of people who are 0-15, maybe take a thief with a knife with you

I can solo Hundred Fists All Right!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well I would take a mage as a safety net. I mean you could solo, but there is a chance that if he gets your blink off during Mighty Strikes that you could lose quite a bit of HP quickly, even with the massive HP of a MNK, plus its nice insurance if you get an add.

I got like 1300 HP with full shura

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Why not wear Byakkos Haidiate for soloing though, I would want the 5% haste, and you could try for some evasion gear, I think the Shura gear is more useful for exping then soloing. I would wear your Scorpion Harness, Byakkos Haidate, etc.

[Mog House] :/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I see, I still think you can do it, I remember his accuracy being pretty bad on Kaya the one time I saw him get fought, and she didn't even have her Scorpion Harness at the time, to give you an idea how LONG ago that was.

E. Body
    BG Level

The LS I'm in did this for about 2 weeks, got drop first kill then no drop for the next 13 or so, gave it to a monk ;o

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i soro it a few times. the thing has a bad drop rate.

The only jobs that can really solo akly is thf/nin, NIN and mnk/nin

Any other job would be pushing it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Ive seen DRG/WHM solo it a few times (Fact)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I highly suggest you do like me and make sure your best friend in the game is in fact a Bard. You can duo just about anything with a Ninja sub and spoony Bard with you. We made millions on just farming Cure Clogs, I was 6/8 on those. Made a bunch more on fishys in SSG, Sirens Hair was 2 million on our server. Made a FORTUNE on Devil Mantas while Steam Cleaner was broke, pushed cost of Angel Skin to 3 million, and sold around 8 of them. All of those I could pretty much solo with my trust Ninja sub and Bard, sometimes took a Thief just to help with drop rate though, and never on Cure Clogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    i soro it a few times. the thing has a bad drop rate.

The only jobs that can really solo akly is thf/nin, NIN and mnk/nin

Any other job would be pushing it.
    I have seen rdm/nin solo this mob several times and I have killed him myself about 8 times on bst. Only real problem with him and pallas is the shitty drop rate....

E. Body
    BG Level

A level 66 BST friend of mine got Alky to 50~% ish then got a Dire Bat link because he forgot to kill it off prior to the fight, so it's soloable by BST.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

soroed on rdm75/war (for claim) when my thf friend didnt show up ;3

had audience too telling me that i couldnt do it ;3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

well, i know bst can do it (i myself am a bst) but good luck not getting it stolen, i'd recommend using carrie. I forgot how rdm+phalanx+stoneskin is -_-

I dual box 2 bsts, so keeping claim is never an issue for me. You are right though Carrie does a ton of damage to alky. being soo much higher then the mob really help things out.

Alkyoneus is a horrible fuckin drop rate, i myself am 0/23 about 5+ times with th2, friend shadownight is 0/22 on alky as well, im 2/32+ on pallas tho. yet there was a guy on my server who apparently was 2/3 on alky lmfao... its ridiculous, ive almost given up hope. You can solo as mnk/nin, i would suggest brining some meds, and watch out for links or you fucked. I was able to solo once, i had a vile elixer from another hnm i killed lol, i barely won because i had a fuckin mnk giga link when alky was @ about 10% >< got pretty ugly. anyways good luck to anyone tryin to get these bastards

im like atleast 0/20 and i was taru sam...i wanted it the most