+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do Japans neighbors think about them?

Found this interesting poll taken late last year. These were the results.
    Take into consideration Japans past relations with these countries and thier current standings and politcal views. Forget about "Anime" and "Playstation" etc etc for the moment.

Basically it says:

What do the people of ASIA think of Japan?

Poll taken in China says:
    out of 3,334,255 people surveyed - 20% Like Japan, 75% Dislike Japan, and 5% are Undecided.

Poll taken in Korea says:
    out of 2,443,070 people surveyed - 12% Like Japan, 86% Dislike Japan, and 2% are Undecided.

Poll taken in Taiwan says:
    out of 887,311 people surveyed - 93% Like Japan, 4% Dislike Japan, and 3% are Undecided.

Poll taken in Singapore says:
    out of 598,807 people surveyed - 94% Like Japan, 6% Dislike Japan, and 0% were Undecided.

Poll taken in Thailand says:
    out of 1,042,349 people surveyed - 96% Like Japan, 0% Dislike Japanese/Japan and 4% are Undecided.

The Bar Graph represents the precentage of people who think "Who is worse? Japan or China?".

Blue Represents Japan, Red Represents China, Yellow Represents Undecided. Japan may be the place of many things we love, but it seems like thier so-called supremacist attitude is rubbing off on thier neighbors as well possibly.

This poll was conducted by the Japanese themselves and is totally unbiased. What are your thoughts?

PS: I like Japan :wink:

Sea Torques
    BG Level

There was no poll taken in Vietnam? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well alot of the hate from China, and from Korea stems from the way of history. Chinese have there hatred that is well established of late. Koreans also hated the fact of something even as simple as the Sea of Japan vs. East Sea. There are other issues at stake, I only spent a short time in Korea, so I'm not completely familar with all of the reasons. There is a lot of bad feelings that stretch back before most of the people were even born. I mean most of the hard feelings date back way before the people who were polled were even born, there culture though is proud of there past, and they still look down upon people who they percieved to of wronged them within that past.

China and Korea are communist. Communism sucks. Go Japan!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You might want to make a distinction, South Korea is not communist. It is actually a pretty nice country to visit, and sadly the women there could out drink me, and this was done while I was still in college. North Korea is evil, South Korea is very nice. Also the people in South Korea speak so much better english then japanese, they LOVE to speak english with americans.

hint: school education

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's funny that so many in China hate Japan, since 90% of their economy is based off of selling gil.

(I know, but I couldn't resist.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal
    You might want to make a distinction, South Korea is not communist.
    Looking at the poll where it said: Korea, I can almost garuntee that it was taken in North Korea. Had it been taken in South Korea, I'm sure it would've said they loved Japan. (cuz Japan is amazing)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Not really, they don't care for Japan very much in South Korea either. Again you have to know the culture, they are a proud country, they don't forget the past very easily. Believe there are still hard feelings, even amoungst the well educated South Koreans. I do like Japan, I also loved South Korea.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea, a buddy of mine in school is South Korean. He moved here at like 14 and hes 18 now. He told me he didn't like the Japanese because nobody else did. And he knew all the same racist jokes I've heard, except the black guy, or the mexican guy was a Japanese guy. I hosted a Japanese exchange student for around 2 weeks, and when the exchange student was around, my Korean friend got really quiet and didnt say much. It was funny to see how he reacted lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That Poll is 100% correct, I am from taiwan and I LUB JAPAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    China and Korea are communist. Communism sucks. Go Japan!!
    Yeah Down with China <lol> Damn those chinese People.

lol interesting...

Ive had my encounters with the "Supremacists" Japanese folk before. Was very unsettling. But for the most part, most of my friends are pretty open and kind and feel that all countries have thier strenghs and weaknesses. And besides, not all Japanese are like that obviously(thank goodness). I have to give america some credit though. For a country that is so diverse (especially here in NYC) we operate pretty well. Take into account that like most countries, Japan usually has to mainly cater to the Japanese and the "Small" minority that live there within thier country. Thus resulting in more efficiency in the way the country is governed. The United states on the other hand as to deal with people and cultures from all corners the world and still manages to pull through suprisingly. Kind of off the subject, but felt like sharing that.

wow, there is almost 600,000 ppl in singapore, isn't that place the size of a park?

I know Japanese love koreans ^^, Boa is like one of biggest stars in Japan,and shes Korean >.>

Well this is the main reason China hates Japan.....

http://www.cnd.org/njmassacre/

It would be interesting if they polled some other countries.

My grandfather was in Bataan....he has some views let me tell you lol.

Edit: Actually it wouldnt be interesting.....the past is the past. All it does is bring up bad feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by ChOkOmArU
    I know Japanese love koreans ^^, Boa is like one of biggest stars in Japan,and shes Korean >.>
    Err, were not talking about pop stars or movies stars or any kind of celebrities. Were talking about the people as a whole. Of course ALL of Japan does not dislike koreans. I use dislike because Hate is such a powerful word.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecrede
    Edit: Actually it wouldnt be interesting.....the past is the past. All it does is bring up bad feelings.
    Yes, Resentment gets nothing accomplished but continues to destroy any relationship or bond other countries can possibly construct.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's cause of people like you the Japanese are full of themselves
    No offense but i don't think the Japanese can fit anymore people on their dicks.....

Japan hated by China and Korea..Hmm that makes me feal warm inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    No offense but i don't think the Japanese can fight anymore people on their dicks.....
    wtf?