Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

The latest GM debacle: Griefers, start your engines

So today we were camping Capricious Cassie. We had our usual competition of Wayfarer (JP LS), our recently semi-usual competition of Fatality & whatever amalgamation of random 75 NAs he got to go with him, and some Korean LS that formerly monopolized Amemet. Canibus was one of the people with Fatality, and he was being rather obnoxious in /say. After a while he asked in say what time it was in Japan and why the Japanese people hadn't gone to sleep, to which I replied, "it's time to STFU." Now, I admit that I could have been less offensive, but I wasn't outright verbally attacking him. He replied in a rather more offensive way, something about "why don't u suck my dick bitch." I called a GM, there were about 36 calls before mine.

About a half hour or so later, Cassie popped, and for the second time (that I've seen) Fatality out-voked the nearby Japanese players. Although I won't accuse him of removing the .dat files in that room, that's up to your imagination. However, what happened next doesn't take any imagining to see why it's wrong. The ninja with Fatality voked it off him, engaged, and proceeded to turn around and face away from Cassie. They were holding it, Canibus was apparently afk and they had no other mage. I told them that I had called a GM, which was true, and I thought it was lucky that I called the GM previously about Canibus because he would be replying any time now. They asked why I had called a GM, I explained that holding a monster without fighting it was considered a "grief tactic," they said "our mage is afk" or whatever, and I said "well we'll see what the GM has to say." The ninja was turning around and hitting Cassie once with each katana about every 2 minutes, apparently that was going to be their excuse to the GM.

About 10 minutes go by, I had talked to the leader of the JP LS letting him know that I had already called a GM. The GM replied, saying he was looking into the player Canibus (my GM call was about Canibus being abusive, etc). I immediately replied to the GM that the group Canibus was with was currently using a grief tactic, holding Cassie without fighting it. The GM is replying really slowly, still talking about Canibus and so on. Now, the ninja with Fatality turns around and starts hitting it again, but this time he doesn't stop. I look over and there's Canibus, back from afk. They start fighting it, the GM shows up at exactly that time.

The GM stands there for a minute, I send him tells saying that they just started fighting it, and that they had been holding it for about 10-15 minutes. The GM then says in say, "I had better see some damage or I'm going to take some people to jail." This was after he had stood there watching them fighting it for a minute. It was frustrating how slow the GM was reacting to everything. Anyway, as you can guess the GM did nothing. I was going to ask him a question, but he said "farewell adventurer" and made it so I was unable to reply to him. So I called another GM to ask my question. Here's some screen shots (sorry for the blacked out conversations with other people, they had nothing to do with the GM convo.)

The first one was when he was taking forever to reply after I had told him about the grief tactic.

That was pretty much it, he hit his "good luck adventurer" macro at that point. I called another GM because I still had questions. About 40 minutes later, they finally killed Cassie (Canibus randomly /laugh'ing at me at his having got away without punishment from the GM), and the second GM finally replies:

So there you have it. As long as you don't say incriminating things in chat, which is logged, you can get away with anything until a GM actually shows up. Which, as you know, usually takes a good amount of time. Square may as well have never changed their policy to include "grief tactics" such as holding monsters as punishable offenses, because nobody is ever going to be punished for it.

As a side note, the other day FantasticImpronptu LS held Fafnir with a very small amount of people while waiting for the rest of their members to get to Dragon's Aery. We called a GM, and of course by the time a GM responded they had enough people to fight it.

Now that you know this, you have a choice. You can do nothing, or you can take action in one of two ways:

1) You can be like Fatality and Canibus and alleviate your sexual repression by getting off on breaking the rules in an internet video game

2) Or you can do what the GM said and use the email form in POL to send a complaint about this. It will only get worse, that I can guarantee. People have started calling GMs while camping NMs before the NM pops, just in case something happens when it does. This is going to need to be addressed. That's why I'm posting this. Yes, it does let anyone reading it know that they can get away with "grief tactics," but it's also hopefully going to speed up the process of getting it addressed.

Addendum: For the curious, here's the shout you see me refer to at one point during my conversation with the second GM:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As a side note, the other day FantasticImpronptu LS held Fafnir with a very small amount of people while waiting for the rest of their members to get to Dragon's Aery. We called a GM, and of course by the time a GM responded they had enough people to fight it.
    holding rules don't apply to JPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    holding rules don't apply to JPs.
    Because JP>Us, amirite?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wasnt there but today but, the first time Fatality got it, it was because there were nobody near him except me. He voked it at around 50%~ midway into stun but there was NOBODY else near. Sorta defending him, yeah, but besides that I wasnt there today so no comment on that.

Although he did offer me 50k to raise him that day.. xd

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Like I said, I won't make that accusation, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

I wonder how many times he's died now in his quest to be the first samurai to equip an amity cape (I am implying via sarcasm that he is a greedy money hungry bastard camping an NM for money)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

damn joft, why u such a crybaby, dont be mad because everytime i will ill get the pull, go ahead blame it on me removing the .dat files, idc, btw the first time i pulled it it popped right near a jp brd from way. so basically, joft what ur saying is i shouldnt camp CC because im a greedy money hungry bitch? only time i have ever died vs cassie is the first time u saw me there because i went with people who didnt know what the fuck they were doing. but u can count on it, thanks to ur post i will be there every day from now on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I seem to recall you dying again today, actually

I should expect nothing less from pro gamers like yourself, sometimes you gotta make sacrifices if it means you get to pwn noobs like me

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality
    only time i have ever died vs cassie is the first time u saw me there because i went with people who didnt know what the fuck they were doing.
    It seemed to me like you died because you pulled Cassie with provoke and nobody else in your party had any way of getting hate off you fast enough.

Ok I'll try to keep this civil, didn't mean anything by it but I'll lay it out. I was un-aware that doing what I did was a grief tactic, only reason I was there is because I wanted to try to get the cape for my Whm friend, it was only my second time tanking Cassie. But holding it for 15 minutes? It was more like 5, and we didn't know our mage was afk when it popped, fatal kept spamming <call> in party. Hell I debated just using Mijin Gakure and let whoever got the claim take it, but thats not the path I took. I'm sorry it was offending to you, but I didn't mean to hurt anyone.

You can be like Fatality, Canibus, and Eriu (the ninja), and alleviate your sexual repression by getting off on breaking the rules in an internet video game
    Please... until today I have never knowingly broken a rule in this game, never gone to jail, never had any GM complaints. I think your words are a bit harsh, but its ok I realize your upset. If it makes you feel any better we got a reraiser as a drop.....weeeeee.

This is the reason I hate ground HNMs, too much boredom camping, too much grief between players in a game that is supposed to be fun. I couldn't care less about making the gil from HNMs, only reason I fight them is because it is a rush and enjoyable to do.

Now again, I am sorry if I broke a rule I was ignorant about, if you see me on the field it won't happen again.

<Peace.> Eriu out! \m/(-.-)\m/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I edited your name out

After your explanation you appear respectable; a stark contrast from the other members you were with. I'm baffled as to why you would associate yourself with them...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i didnt read the entire thing, but ive held cassie before in the past...according to what i scanned over in this 'too fucking long' post GMs will actually do shit if you hold NMs(after a warning)
    Solution: Poison Ninjutsu

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Last time I called a GM about a LS holding a mob (Aspid) he told me there was nothing that he could do because once they claim the mob they can do whatever they wish with it. It seems like this policy has changed because I keep hearing stories about GMs telling people to kill the mobs they are holding.

LOL Joft.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Honestly Joft, what more could you expect from both Fatality and the GMs?

E. Body
    BG Level

Fatality's endgame is cassie/serket.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sorry to cut in, but...insulting someone because they don't fight gods or the 3 kings, or aren't in an uber linkshell doesn't really say much. =\

E. Body
    BG Level

Is that because your endgame is simurgh? =\

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

lol Zetah, if I'm correct I don't think you are on Bahamut server. You don't know the whole story behind Fatality

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    lol Zetah, if I'm correct I don't think you are on Bahamut server. You don't know the whole story behind Fatality
    I can summarize it in a horribly dramatic play.

*Slap Slap*

*Crying sounds*

Doctor: Oh im sorry Mr. Bahamut server you gave birth to a sickly linkshell, Fatality.

Mr. Bahamut: you sick son of a .........

*later that day*

Fatality LS: Y halo there capricious cassie, BUTESECKS? .dat files LOLZ

*CLAIMED*

Joft: ZOMGZ GM PIE

*curtain falls*

THE END

GM pie?

WTF are YOU doing when you talk with GMs one-on-one? O.o

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut