+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New God?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic shield is for the Ram for the Relic Shield upgrade.

Hickory shield is for the Gigas for the BST sheild.

Does this clear things up?

Thanks for the info ^^ However, it leads me to another question ... Where does one obtain a "Hickory Lumber"?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

my LS was fighting against that NM earlier today, and almost got wiped they had to lose agro and raise the dead...

the estimated LV of that ram is around 100 i think as my JP friend told me, i dont think he is too sure anyway...we didnt have enough members there, around 14 or so...too many links..and blackmages own the rams in that area..

and for the gigas NM he around one of the towers, iv seen Karosu's LS pop him and the fight was pretty ugly, everyone was getting intimidated and he spams his aoe *not sure but i think it resets hate*
    we warped while they were fighting it after that..

lets hope someone finds out whats the deal with the ram

Yeah, this is Vaelen (Fate Sealers) linkshell leader.. we took it out, very hard fight, we dragged it to a southern field and kited it around, it also calls the other rams and sheep in the zone to fight it lol.. its hilarious. Nothing special needed to kill it, but it drops Altheia Hide, and you lose the relic shield. Not sure or anything else yet though. If anyone has any more info let me know ^^

edit: OH, and crimson cuisses are -MUST-, probably could have not beat the mob without em, so PLDs are much better kiters, while NINs are awesome for the ram adds (we took those with about 3 people)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

anyone figured out what's needed to make the knife to pop the tonberry NM in pso'xja yet?

Still researching that ; ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So as for now, they added 3 new HNM level mobs and another battle royale BC. I like how they add this thing with pop items now so there's no voke bot etc at new HNM

the first HNM is Amaltheia, it's pretty sad there's almost no reason to pop this NM other than to fight it. it can drop the hide used for relic shield first upgrade. To pop it, trade relic shield (from dynamis jeuno) to ??? in K-6 of lufaise meadow. It can calls (not summon) other rams and sheep to fight you, it teleport the ram and sheep on the area, so if all ram being fought he cant call it probably. it can instant cast cure5, holy and banishga3, marathon it.

second HNM is Gration, a gigas HNM. to pop it you need to trade Hickory shield to ??? in H-8 of miseraux coast. Hickory shield is a craft of 69 woodworking with hickory lumber materials, it can be dropped from gigas in xarcabard, it will be fully camped and very rare, so good luck with that. This HNM will constantly intimidate you, but i don't know the detail, he can use thunder4, and thundaga3. this thing can drop (not 100%) tatami shield, a very good melee shield and also good for pld, since it has a cool ability of enhance all killer effect, so now you can intimidate EVERYTHING with this shield.

third is Geush Urvan, a buffalo HNM. to pop it you need to trade haunted muleta to ??? in L-8 of uleguerand range. haunted muleta is a craft of clothcraft (?) + woodworking (15) with material of spectral goldenrod, spectral crimson and yew lumber. spectral goldenrod is a rare drop from haunts in kuftal and upper delkfutt tower. spectral crimson is an ULTRA RARE drop of fomors in miseraux coast and sacrarium, also Phasma from uleguerand range (i don't know if phasma has different drop rate, you should try this first). It can drop toreador's cape, a best cape for nin and very good for pld, thf, war. def7, eva+9, enmity+4. this HNM normal attack will hits you for 1000-2000(1 hit death) blinkable, also unstunnable, can cast bindga, paralyzga, blizzard4, and blizzaga3. Supposedly have low HP.

the new ENM is ouryu ENM. I dont know why but there's almost no info about this. This is an uncapped ENM with 18 people, probably drop kunwu ore? maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster
    third is Geush Urvan, a buffalo HNM. to pop it you need to trade haunted muleta to ??? in L-8 of uleguerand range. haunted muleta is a craft of clothcraft (?) + woodworking (15) with material of spectral goldenrod, spectral crimson and yew lumber. spectral goldenrod is a rare drop from haunts in kuftal and upper delkfutt tower. spectral crimson is an ULTRA RARE drop of fomors in miseraux coast and sacrarium, also Phasma from uleguerand range (i don't know if phasma has different drop rate, you should try this first). It can drop toreador's cape, a best cape for nin and very good for pld, thf, war. def7, eva+9, enmity+4. this HNM normal attack will hits you for 1000-2000(1 hit death) blinkable, also unstunnable, can cast bindga, paralyzga, blizzard4, and blizzaga3. Supposedly have low HP.
    Has anyone actually got the Spectral Crimson drop yet? I've killed about 20ish Phasams in U Range with TH3 and no drop. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have the cape.

Got the Crimson off a Fomor in misearux Coast ._.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

got the crimson from the first 2 hours camping fomors in coast with TH2, then camping again for 4 hours for no drop till we gave up orz

I VERY much doubt that Ouryu is a new ENM. Has anyone killed Ouryu in the CoP mission lately? Maybe thats where title comes from

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

the ghost in upper delkfutt tower is phasma, so it probably dropping spectral crimson too instead of goldenrod

I got it in 5 fomor kills. MUAHAHAHAHA

>< What fomors where you killing?

No luck in Sacrarium for me.

Can anyone confirm the IT ones in Meadows dropping? I heard they did.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

there's something special about the cape by the way; and it's not a good thing.

that's all i'm going to say 8)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it's got a rather nasty hidden effect >

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

mob critical hit rate up, so not too good for pld

Looked up the name of that HNM Ram....

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/amaltheia.html

If anyone cares, I still think it's great that you can usually find intresting shit on the NMs from FFXI.

Anywho, i'm glad they added some sort of new stuff for you higher ups. Seems like it's not enuff, but I believe it's a start. Here's hoping they give you new poppable HNMs.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Amaltheia doesnt need to be kited.

Contrary to what was said, it has no instant cast traits. However, it does have a 0 recast time on Holy, which it will cast on whoever it feels like, this includes people with zero hate. I died (I'll explain below), and when I was raised I got close to it. I didnt rest, nor cast Utsusemi on myself, and POW, nuked with Holy. It'll also cast on random people, and it has a damn good reason. HP down effect will get most people to about 300 HP, and the holy does about 350 damage...you do the math.

it was originally popped and fought at the ???, but the rams showed up, and theres that bird near the ???....and we got massacred. I, the noble thief, yeah, I ran like a pansy ;; Flee'd all the way to Tavnzanian Safehold with my 28 HP...and its fortunate I did. Most NM's wont depop untill they've returned to their spawning area, so he had a LONG run to chase me to Tavnzanian Safehold. That run took about 3 minutes. I zoned out followed it back (it crossed paths with some random sam, so theres a chance its not aggro) to its ??? which was about a 10 minute walk. Of course when I told them it was still up making its way back to the ???, they started speed-raising people. When it got to the birds, I saw the dreaded message:

"Were not ready yet, kite it back to the safehold"

So, with all 28 HP, I had to kite it back to the safehold....I never made it ;;
    I did get it to the bridge though, and the rest of the group was ready by then.

It resists stun completely, but MB's own it hard. also, it's sleepable...though it may resist a few times.

Still working on the other 3 HNM's. I have 4 hickory lumber ready to be used^^

By the way, has anyone not noticed a trend on the new confirmed NM's (Sorry, I havent seen a damn thing on Ouryu, I wont believe that is considered HNM) ??

Tonberry, spawnable
    Buffalo, spawnable
    Gigas, spawnable
    Ram, spawnable

Perhaps SE listened to "those pesky gaijins" whine about not being able to claim HNM's and this may hopefully be a new trend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast