Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nidhogg Slayers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

for the mages that want a Refresh piece, there's always Verm. there really is nothing comparable to Koenig except maybe AF2 body which is just as if not harder to get depending on your situation.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Personally, as RDM I could care less if I have a "Refresh" piece of armor on me in one form or the other, I am Refresh. Out of practical purpose a /SMN and/or wearing Body and Head piece would be more beneficial to me, instead of wearing Verm. Sure Dalmatica would be nice, but in battle situation nothing beats Tabard.

I think Crimson Chain Mail > Dalmatica for RDM.

As for BRD... shit, I can restore MP w/o using any, so I don't see a need for either Verm and/or Dalmatica (MP is nice, but meh)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    for the mages that want a Refresh piece, there's always Verm. there really is nothing comparable to Koenig except maybe AF2 body which is just as if not harder to get depending on your situation.
    Imo the Koenig body is MUCH better then the AF2. AF2 is defense 55 HP+23 and Enimity+4, also enhances Cover. Koenig Body is what defense 65, HP+60, VIT+20. Now that said AF2 is however better for EXPing, because the mobs at 75 rarely hit you hard, and you need enimity when your dealing with very well equipped melee at that level, also getting hit harder allows you to have to cure more which helps in keeping hate. This is just how I feel about it, I could be wrong, and it is always a personal preference.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

He didn't say it was better, he said the only thing that compares is AF2 body, which is true.

Koenig is best body peice for PLD, AF2 is second best.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I wonder how people actually manage to lose to Nidhogg so often. Only one LS lost to Nidd the last couple of months on Remora, and that was their first time fighting it..
    -T.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Koeing = Enmity+ (Where?)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CHR, noobie.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

+CHR give hate brd and plds say

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CHR = Enmity in same sense as STR = Attack/Ratt, same as AGI = Racc/Evasion. Also CHR plays role in Song resistance.

Got a question for RNGs, I'm not entirely sure how it works. but figured I'd ask. Can you explain the AGI/Racc soft cap ratio? I think CHR/Instrument skill works in same manner along with other related attributes.

Edit: Just remembered from what I was told. AGI raises the cap, sorta like level, so in a sense if you have 10AGI = 20Racc cap, so that means you can put gear with max of 20 Racc, more than that would be capped and won't go over the allowed cap. So if you want more Racc, adding more AGI items would raise the cap. Am I right on this so far?

I've said this before and I'll say it again. SE needs to add Combat skill read out for Racc/Ratt/Accu/Enmity where Evasion and other skills are listed.

Chr doesnt effect hate.........That rumor is totally false.

The only reason why Koenig has +Chr is for killer effects.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Intimidation, yes, but intimidation also = Enmity. kthx~

Really? I've never heard of idmidations = enmity. Even then maybe 2-4 times a fight max (but I doubt it effects enmity). But anyways Chr doesnt effect hate..............kthxs

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think it affects how slowly the monster "forgets" about you, or how you lose hate.

Explains why BRD's are usually the #1 target for a PLD or NIN to lose hate to (aside from suicidal BLM's) Unless all BRD song have hidden affect Enmity+10

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was just gonna say that... that's why as BRD I lower my CHR and get some Enmity- gear for Dynamis.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm not a pld I don't know. What I do know is when I'm raiding as RNG I pull hate/die alot when our PLD's have on full koeing, but when they change to enmity+ equip it's harder to get hate ;3

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hmm, most Koenig equipped PLDs that I see don't wear it while exping at 75, they are usually in Enimity or Attack gear, depending on the party set up. I really think Koenig is more for fights where you actually need the +HP and +VIT, basically HNM fights.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal
    Hmm, most Koenig equipped PLDs that I see don't wear it while exping at 75, they are usually in Enimity or Attack gear, depending on the party set up. I really think Koenig is more for fights where you actually need the +HP and +VIT, basically HNM fights.
    /nod Mm-hmm.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

nah im referring to shit like fafnir and King behemoth ;3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

KB's kited, so hate's loose. Fafnir... /NIN sub on PLD?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Our Paladins always wear koenig if and when they exp, I mean why wouldn't you? You kill the monsters so fast anyways... Its the best armor you can wear... Enmity pshtt. Get some merits if your that scared, thats what you up their for.. Don't expect to keep hate in exp at lvl 75, people are there having fun Ridill's going buckwild, slug shots out the wazoo, Blm's throwing down 1.5k or more dmg.

As for bard hate, yes I am usually the one who gains hate after awhile, but recently it has gotten better for whatever reason usually a rng or blm takes hate. I don't know why its changed, other then our trickers putting more dmg onto our paladins. Also I wear no -enmity gear so that can help the factor, I love zenith