Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nidhogg Slayers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Namely cause the PLDs like to feel like there doing damage, why wear Koenig which has -STR out the wazoo when you can wear something with some +STR for once and act like a damage dealer? The exp mobs at 75 hit like pansys anyways, outside of Aura Statues that can still hit fairly hard. It is pretty much an udder waste of there stats to wear Koenig to exp with when the mobs are only low VT for the most part. Who really cares about tanking anyways at that point, I have exped with MNK tanks, WAR tanks, just a bunch of melee. Point is there is "better" armor selection for exping at 75 then Koenig, you can disagree but I think it is flat out overkill, and +STR is a better choice at that point. 8)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had a pld nin sub, dual weird sword and wear scorp harness and str+ gear and they didnt do any damage anyway.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That is why you take a ninja then

I actually seen some PLDs using Great Sword, I know quite a few PLDs that had Ground Strike unlocked. Heck Holyfork has subbed THF and used Spinning Slash, and with Staff Full Swing, he did pretty decent damage that way.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

still rather have a real DD. tanking is so overrated once you hit 74 anyway. let alone 75 with so many merits

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    I think it affects how slowly the monster "forgets" about you, or how you lose hate.

Explains why BRD's are usually the #1 target for a PLD or NIN to lose hate to (aside from suicidal BLM's) Unless all BRD song have hidden affect Enmity+10
    I never lose hate to brds whenever I tank cop dragons, KG has always told me about losing hate to brds only and all the time, but I dunno why. But I don't think I have ever lost hate in a HNM fight to a brd.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you have bad bards

LazyShell
    BG Level

or smart bards.

or emnity based plds.

wouldn't that be the goal? not to lose hate to bards? or is it an accomplishment? lol

i used to take hate every time a pld lost it on fafnir or whatever. Since then, i've built my char a lot differently, as have the plds in my LS. So its very rare now.

As for chr effecting hate; I doubt it, but i guess it could be possible. I do think songs have a hate over time thing though. The more the songs you keep putting on an entire party (who all have hate from the mob through provoke/cure/whatever) combined with a bit of curing makes it very easy to draw hate over time. after a few hits, then you lose that built up hate and it goes back to pld or second in line in terms of hate. The difference between brds and whms is that our hate is constantly building the entire fight, as long as there are songs up. Whms and blms rest, and generally have gear the better coincides with -emnity. melee can pace themselves depending on how their hate is at any given time. plds strive for hate, but have constant TP moves, and normal attacks on them that lowers it at equally or faster paces. Brds can't really pace themselves, unless a party is willing to go without songs for awhile.

Brds drawing hate is easily combatable with enough -emnity gear on the brd, and +emnity gear on plds.

I'm a -enmity setup Bard for pretty much any type of Wyrm (Tiamat, Jorm, Faf, Nid).

-3 AF2 Head
    -3 AF2 Glove (when casting spells)
    -3 Errant Pants
    -1 Whm sub Earring
    -1 Peace Ring (want a Serene Ring)
    -3 Fenrir Torque (12 hours/day)
    -3 Errant Body (Lend out osode to monks and stuff)

However, I can now go entire Faf/Nid fights without tanking even once. Kinda funny since I like to tank everything in my LS as a bard. Tanked Adamantoise with Blink and SS for like 10 minutes

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Bards that dont get hate arent doing there job

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

True... Our bards get shanked regularly on Fafnir.

BTW: Last night got the #2 NA Niddy on Siren ^_^ Koenig Body this time '.')b

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    True... Our bards get shanked regularly on Fafnir.

BTW: Last night got the #2 NA Niddy on Siren ^_^ Koenig Body this time '.')b
    :O

grats, cherish it

DarkVrtra

Dead?

Does anyone know if Vrtra has been defeated on the QZ server? I doubt it.