Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add Gration?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Add Gration?

Fought Gration today, I think he should be added to the big kill list, DEFINATELY an HNM, and can be kinda diffucult.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

oh they'll add him*

*once they kill him

lol. I think we'll be adding at least 4 of the 5 new NMs.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    oh they'll add him*

*once they kill him
    hahaha yes

What NM is that?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why is Lumberjack on there (who can be solo'd) and not like BC99 NM's?

@_@

Next update add BC99 HNM's too! :D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gration didn't seem awfully hard, but that Toreador Cape NM seemed tougher... only watched both fights, people are still getting pop items.
    -T.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I didn't think Gration was too difficult. Need to watch out for the AoE at first but once you have fought it I can't see anyone dying except for extremely bad luck. I would say its worth a 3 or so based on difficulty of fight and the pain in the ass of farming for it ~_~;

It deserves more then freakin Genboob

Genb00b XD

these are prolly all going to be added, but remember, method of pop/challenge to claim is included in the valuations, so for instance while something easier than geush may have a value of 6 or 7, it will probably end up being only 4 or 5 given how simple it is to pop.

more to come after this wednesday when ondori returns 8)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Taking into consideration that claim goes into account, if that's the case, than not all servers have the same situation as others. Petition thread in FFXI Talk section proves the point. Claim, imo, shouldn't be part of calculation the big kills value of an HNM, and I agree with what Solefald said about some HNMs that have more values than others, while being weaker than others. Example Vivian vs. Cassie or Bune vs. Ungur. Those are very valid points. I think you should review Big Kills section or at least make a Poll and let people decide what costs what in big kill points.

Perhaps Big kills section could be divided into different sections to show the difficulty level and separate HNMs that require allience from those that require 1 PT or less.

As for Dynamis... meh, I'm well aware that Xarc requires tons of people, but than again some LSs did in fact clear it solo w/o team up, and I think credit should be given where credit is due. ^^ Perhaps as I've suggest above, make a section for Dynamis, and maybe list teamed up LSs and reduce the big kill point by 50% or what not if that's the case. If they solo than give em full value.

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    these are prolly all going to be added, but remember, method of pop/challenge to claim is included in the valuations, so for instance while something easier than geush may have a value of 6 or 7, it will probably end up being only 4 or 5 given how simple it is to pop.

more to come after this wednesday when ondori returns 8)
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2393

Dosen't this defeat a lot of what you say here though? I mean, why should having good latency have to do with the mob 'difficulty', it's hard or it isn't. Standing somewhere for three hours with a bot running and your fingers crossed shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Anywho, not a flame or anything, just a PoV or somthing. lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cause 95% of the LS's that have 70+ members can kill all 3 kings (after some experience) but not 95% of those LS's have done just that.

I can see where they are comin from on that, they're not saying it's how it SHOULD be or that they agree that you should have higher points based on how well you can claim as opposed to the skill your LS has to kill the mob, but that's exactly how FFXI works.