Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

NA Pulls Nidhogg... Causes Flame War

After 5 Days of Fafnir, A Linkshell Named Xtreme has gotten the pull 4/5 Times with JP LS There.
    Take a look at this...
    http://www107.sakura.ne.jp/~hnm/Arshi.avi
    Taken by the Leader of Hornet, Nela, As you can see it pops Purple by a Low Level Ninja wearing a Bastok Aketon, Arshi, the person who pulls it ( On Left)
    Now, Xtreme is being accused of botting and starting to be veiwed on the server as worse than the JPs who camped it before, as it seems that it is moving from one monopoly to the next.

This poses one question... Either there is no Latency issue. Or that JP dont use bots and NA wins because of that.

Theres a lot of Drama on Shiva, Kind of messed up if you ask me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

so

why did S-E put in spike flail again?

to screw over melee/THF?

or was it to cause instant drama?

E. Body
    BG Level

spike flail doesnt screw /thf over, you can just sneak at the leg and not flail ;/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

E. Body
    BG Level

Hopefully it stays in Hokuten and doesn't leak.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cant watch video

New bot...all bots are bad but if Japanese are using them or EU for that matter(lol) i don't mind NA's using them

If i got out pulled by JP's every day of my life for a year like BG clams(not exact words =), and SE doesn't do anything, i would either stop hunting them all together which would suck.... or get a bot and even it out, if possible.
    I personally play on PS2 and don't like to play FFXI on PC seeing i have a mac so some people wouldn't even be able to get a bot i.e myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Cant watch video

New bot...all bots are bad but if Japanese are using them or EU for that matter(lol) i don't mind NA's using them

If i got out pulled by JP's every day of my life for a year like BG clams(not exact words =), and SE doesn't do anything, i would either stop hunting them all together which would suck.... or get a bot and even it out, if possible.
    I personally play on PS2 and don't like to play FFXI on PC seeing i have a mac so some people wouldn't even be able to get a bot i.e myself.
    What the fuck is the diffence between a JP using a bot and a EU using a bot, why does the NA get away free but the EU gets bashed?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

that video doesn't show anything :l

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    that video doesn't show anything :l
    That video shows a character using provoke, and you know how whenever you provoke something, there's that orangeish circle thingy? (I'm horrible at explaining animations) Well, that animation showed neither on the character who pulled, nor Fafnir. A tad suspicious <.<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welcome to FFXI HNM.

Win a pull and your whole LS is full of botters.

Rupertt

Re: NA Pulls Nidhogg... Causes Flame War

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador
    This poses one question... Either there is no Latency issue. Or that JP dont use bots and NA wins because of that.
    That is like 3 questions... And they are more statements if anything. And the vid did not show anything. :\

Let me explain a little bit of the background on what's goin on in the video.

First off, the video was used to prove that Fafnir wasn't stolen, not that the character was botting. A few days ago at Fafnir camps, a char ~lvl 25 or so started showing up at the camp. Would pull Fafnir without the provoke animation, no matter where he was in relation to the character on the screen (including directly behind them). Fafnir would then 1-shot the char and that characters LS would leave him dead while they killed, raise him, then he'd log out till the next day.

On the day this video was taken he 1-shotted the bot, then because the LS the bot was in was being lazy, actually went unclaimed, returned to normal state (pay attention to his wings) and aggro'd a different person who was standing in the room. At that point someone from my LS claimed him, but was accused of stealing it. The video was used to prove that it wasn't stolen.

I know you don't wanna read through the Shiva HNM drama (I don't and I"m on shiva, lol). but in that thread that was linked, the linkshell actually admits to using a bot. Toward the end of the thread they are no longer trying to prove they aren't botting, but are instead saying they should bot because they "deserve" the pulls. Whole situation pissess me off, at least against the jp we had a shot of winning claims, even if it was small. Against this there is pretty much no chance, and I don't wanna go so low as to get a bot myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Welcome to FFXI HNM.

Agreed.

Just a thought, one little lvl.25 character can not possible cover the whole room? I know well enough that it is possible to be out of range and stuf so how can it be so lucky that it pops in his vicinity everyday? This would be one very powerful bot indeed.

As for bots... meh, I am iindifferent about them. I still think that it can only level the playing field with the jps, but never be better than them.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Welcome to FFXI HNM.

Same... However NA's are still 0-for-the-last-6-months on Nid on Siren. Every single Nid has popped purple, nothing ever changes. JP's don't show up except for a timer mule for a couple days, then it's 100% purple pops until after the Nid kill.

Can't say I'm against botting anymore, I just can't find one that works so I don't bother. I don't even think the JP's bot actually, I think it's just latency. Proof? Last Nidhogg pop no RDM's chainspelled in the room YET Nidhogg was voked and slept before he even appeared to any NA's.

again..we heard the sleep spell go off before he even appeared, with no chainspells active. Sorry, that's insane latency lol, and all 3 NA shells there (that usually don't get along) all agreed to seeing the same thing. <3 instanced fights

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

:X

page 2!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Welcome to FFXI HNM.

yah, except they freely admit to botting.

and as far as making it even with the JPs, their bot is so far unbeaten, even by a JP LS that is pretty much a monopoly on w/e they want... 4/4 i think.

the only loss was when the bot char d/c...