+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Rape     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    (or a lesbian... dike no thanks)
    I think that would make the situation a lot worse, because then the guys would really want pictures.
    Why the fuck would you want a picture of a Dike?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honey, I have been asking myself the same question for years.

Right... well um, next time I go west end i'll take some pictures of dikes (and get brutally beaten afterwards).

New Merits
    BG Level

is dike an accepted nomenclature?

Even if one's attidude is positive, there are still negative surrounding forces.

Most people that know me can say I have a positive attitude about helping others, the game, and my linkshell. When I meet people who think I am the stereotype "crazy bitch" female gamer I try my best to help them and make them understand differently by extending all the caring and kindness I can give to a stranger.

No matter what you do there will always be haters, and I can accept that, but when an overwhelming majority of people are, it becomes difficult to reach out to everyone.

It has nothing to do with attitude. It has to do with the truth.

And I'm not complaining, either. I have accepted this problem and I'm still fighting to this very second for the cause. I just want people to understand what it's like for females in game.

And Septimus, stop Septimusing this thread.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Buruberi
    And Septimus, stop Septimusing this thread.
    I have not once uttered the word "Galka" in this thread. (Except for that last sentence.) That is a necessary ingredient to properly Septimus a thread.

Really, it all goes back to John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. People generally act like morons on the internet because they think that they can get away with it, and for the most part they can. When you introduce consequences to actions, like blacklisting, not helping people, and in extreme cases calling a GM, most people will generally straighten up.

In the real world, rape is about power, not sex. On the web, there is no equivalent, since it is only words. Yes, words can hurt, but only if you let them- if you do not let the words have power over you, then the person who wrote them has no power. Always remember that the person saying the hateful things is a small, frightened child, even if he is grown man.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Farasi
    I /still/ get flowers from complete strangers in my in-box a couple times a month. How many men do that to each other?
    I do that with a guy :D

For Valentine's day I sent 8 roses to 8 different Mithras. Six of them are guys (irl) and two are girls.

It isn't a bad thing to say "I appreciate all you've done for me" or a simple "Hey, thanks!" or, in my case, "Happy Valentine's Day"

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farasi
    I /still/ get flowers from complete strangers in my in-box a couple times a month. How many men do that to each other?
    I do that with a guy :D

............... im speechless...

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    For Valentine's day I sent 8 roses to 8 different Mithras. Six of them are guys (irl) and two are girls.

It isn't a bad thing to say "I appreciate all you've done for me" or a simple "Hey, thanks!" or, in my case, "Happy Valentine's Day"
    <3

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione

Or "I want you physically".

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    Or "I want you physically".
    in an extremely virtual kind of way.

i got e-raped by avve. he took picture of my ass when i was in the dunes. i feel so violated.

Generally in FFXI you don't find too many of the immature 12-14 year olds at high levels, since none of them can find the instant uber 1337ness that they crave. There are rare exceptions like Fatality, but generally the higher level player base is made up of players beyond spamming crude sexist comments.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

heehee i'm a gurl gamer I giggle and blush and smile a lot and watch as the desperate nerdy computer guys fall all over themselves to help me and give me free stuff :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    heehee i'm a gurl gamer I giggle and blush and smile a lot and watch as the desperate nerdy computer guys fall all over themselves to help me and give me free stuff :wink:
    Ill e-sex u ^ 4 itamz

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice Pichu kuai.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    (or a lesbian... dike no thanks)
    I think that would make the situation a lot worse, because then the guys would really want pictures.
    **WARNING: MATURE SUBJECT MATTER. HOMOSEXUALS LOOK AWAY**

http://www.maplebabe.com/lesbiansuit/pe ... ians11.jpg

I warned you

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Very true with what everyone has said but thats why they add /blist in ff. Speaking of that, I should probly clean mine out again I know alot of players that quit or don't remember me now so they can be deleted now.

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    Hitome stole Joft's account?