+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RDM TARU ?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RDM TARU ?

hey yall... was just wondering which would be worthwhile using since I don't have that much time to skill up both... I see a handful of RDM using sword on one end... and a handful using dagger on the other... and b/c of this my mind is in a standoff with the decision on which to use? Since i'm a taru I heard I won't get the full beneft of using Spirits Within and Savage Blade. Any input would be nice (._.')

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Believe in yourself.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Your savage blade will be fine. Go Martial Anelace/Joyeuse and you will own all. It's good fun

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Curtis did like a 1800 Savage Blade I believe. He's RDM Taru.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you are going for damage as a RDM, you would sub WAR or DRK and use Vorpal Blade. On Too Weak To Be Worthwhile mobs, I can get into the 900s with DRK sub if I use Soul Eater or Last Resort. (Absorb-VIT helps with that also; you can take 20+ VIT from the mob before you do your WS.) My WAR sub is not high enough a level to do a major comparison to DRK sub, but Berserk and Double Attack are quite handy. (Double Attack from WAR sub and Joyeuse are quite nice together from what I understand.)

Race does not matter all that much for RDMs solo. You are not going to do massive damage to the mob to kill it quickly; you will wear it away with your damage and en-spells while taking little to no damage from the mob.

Personally the best RDM solo'er are tarutaru, as they can sub pretty much anything and still have very good MP. For example, me farming in Castle zvhal baileys and a rdm/thf with about 500 MP it's very gay, but a taru would have around 600+ MP, and could go longer and not worry about convert as much...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Personally the best RDM solo'er are tarutaru, as they can sub pretty much anything and still have very good MP. For example, me farming in Castle zvhal baileys and a rdm/thf with about 500 MP it's very gay, but a taru would have around 600+ MP, and could go longer and not worry about convert as much...
    But then there is the VIT and STR trade off. A Galka RDM isn't going to take nearly as much damage, with the trade off of a much smaller MP pool.

I don't think that any race is better or worse for soloing as a RDM; each one has a different style to accomplish the same thing.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think Galka would suck because you need MP regardless, and I'm not impressed by Elvaans (not limited to RDM either, i just hate elvaans). The rest are fine.

I did Savage for 1100 on a lvl 55 Tonberry, never used it on anything easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    But then there is the VIT and STR trade off. A Galka RDM isn't going to take nearly as much damage, with the trade off of a much smaller MP pool.

I don't think that any race is better or worse for soloing as a RDM; each one has a different style to accomplish the same thing.
    Well, I think the key to RDM farming is evasion, the more you dodge, the less you get hit, the less you use stoneskin and the more swings and less mp you use, as well as taking less damage, so VIT isn't really a trade off, STR is more useful with good attack to backit up (atk+STR+eva)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    ...and I'm not impressed by Elvaans (not limited to RDM either, i just hate elvaans).
    Playa hater. t-_- Sounds to me like you're jealous of our STR and VIT.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, I think the key to RDM farming is evasion, the more you dodge, the less you get hit, the less you use stoneskin and the more swings and less mp you use, as well as taking less damage, so VIT isn't really a trade off, STR is more useful with good attack to backit up (atk+STR+eva)
    But that is the key to your style of farming, since as a Mithra you have more natural evasion than any other race.

As a Hume, my strategy for farming involves keeping my magic consumption to less than 150 MP per every 2.5 minutes. I use gear swaps to squeeze the absolute maximum effectiveness out of my spells- 19 extra en-spell damage (not including day/weather bonus I have gone up to 22-23 on double weather matching days), 30-40 reduction from Phalanx, close to the 350 cap on my stoneskin. I would kill for the extra gobbie bag and mog safe space so I could carry enhancing torque and augmenting earrings to push my efficiency a little further.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    i just hate elvaans
    I would give you a DWP pearl if I still played.

bastokplayersclub

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    But that is the key to your style of farming, since as a Mithra you have more natural evasion than any other race.

As a Hume, my strategy for farming involves keeping my magic consumption to less than 150 MP per every 2.5 minutes. I use gear swaps to squeeze the absolute maximum effectiveness out of my spells- 19 extra en-spell damage (not including day/weather bonus I have gone up to 22-23 on double weather matching days), 30-40 reduction from Phalanx, close to the 350 cap on my stoneskin. I would kill for the extra gobbie bag and mog safe space so I could carry enhancing torque and augmenting earrings to push my efficiency a little further.
    On some farming mobs it's good to farm like that, but in certain places, things are still easy prey and hit pretty hard, so taking the stoneskin approuch isn't only MP draining, but VERY dangerous as it can easily get you killed... being a mithra has hardly anything to do with it,it's probably one of the worst farming due to low HP STR and VIT...

Tarutaru's suck, end of discussion.

New Merits
    BG Level

ask ronstadt if you have a question about rdm, hes the king of rdm's

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    that's gonna start like a 10 page flame war

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>ask ronstadt if you have a question about rdm, hes the king of rdm's

He speaks the truth.

Yeah, Ronstadt the uber RDM. He does so much damage that he gets too much hate when soloing and can't get his testimony.

No, I am not supposed to make sense. EYE OF THE MITHRA!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    that's gonna start like a 10 page flame war
    And how long has it been since we have had a nice flame war? Orfeo is providing a service to the forum.