+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dalmatica off ENM?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll add a question to that...

Do you need to have CoP done all the way up to A01 or all the way up tp B01?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It seems you just need to have A01 access. o.o

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

More I think about it I highly highly doubt it drops king abj.

Guarantee this is the source of Kunwu Ore (DRK JSE stuff) probably will drop 4 similair to Jorm.

0/3 on our LS gettin this pos Cloud Evoker from Eft ENM.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dude, why would you fight Efts... they suck ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster
    * Bionic Bug - Mine Shaft #2716 (Level 75, 30 minutes, 6 members)
    * Like the Wind - Boneyard Gully (Level 75, 15 minutes, 3 members)
    * Totentanz - Boneyard Gully (Level 75, 30 minutes, 18 members)
    Try others.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Dude, why would you fight Efts... they suck ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster
    * Bionic Bug - Mine Shaft #2716 (Level 75, 30 minutes, 6 members)
    * Like the Wind - Boneyard Gully (Level 75, 15 minutes, 3 members)
    * Totentanz - Boneyard Gully (Level 75, 30 minutes, 18 members)
    Try others.
    Eft is "Like the Wind".

why would you want to do that one?

if you had 18 people to do Totentanz once, you have 18 people to do "Like the Wind" 6x.

and it sounds like 0/3 on drops, not lost 3 times because Eft was too hard.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well pardon my ignorance Mr.Smartypants...

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    if you had 18 people to do Totentanz once, you have 18 people to do "Like the Wind" 6x.
    That's assuming they have enough tanks, mages and dds to spread out evenly accross 18 people to do it 6 times. Sounds to me like they did it 3 times only cause they had 3 tanks available. Otherwise they'd need 6 tanks, 6 healers and 6 dds.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    ...not lost 3 times because Eft was too hard.
    Come again? I don't get that sentance.

This is how I am planning it. Most HNM LSs have atleast 36 people in their LS for high end. Not all on at the same time, maybe some. If you were do this organized with 36 people you have 20 chances to get the pop item every 5 days. 12 ENMs with 3 people, 6 ENMs with 6 people, and 2 ENMs with 18 people. This is only if you get organized to where everyone tries to help figure out what this drops, and you have 36 people willing to do it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well considering the fact that other ENMs drop it and they don't relate to each other, you could do multiple ENMs in various zones so you'd have more chances.

Black Belt
    BG Level

That's assuming they have enough tanks, mages and dds to spread out evenly accross 18 people to do it 6 times. Sounds to me like they did it 3 times only cause they had 3 tanks available. Otherwise they'd need 6 tanks, 6 healers and 6 dds.
    uncapped ENMs don't really need tanks, if it's 3 man it's probably less rigid of a setup. PLD, NIN, WAR can tank, hell two RNG/NIN @75 can easily tank most things.

Come again? I don't get that sentance.
    you said "they suck ass." my point is, it doesn't matter if they suck as long as you can win.

being able to do 3 man ENMs for it, is still the most feasible way to divide your forces if you want to increase odds of getting them (unless of course it's 100% drop from the alliance ones and we do not know that at this point.)

entry point for this is a green unstable displacement (all others are blue) at I-9 in A01, went and scoped it out with an LS mate of mine. You can literally see the island you fight ouryu on (matched up the trees with those in the screenshots someone took) down below.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry to dissapoint, folks, but the rumors considering Ouryu drops Abjurations seems unlikely now. Another Ouryu defeated report has been posted on the JP Boards.

Original Post: http://bbs.2ch2.net/test/read.cgi/ff11j ... 133994/809

Ouryu倒してきた。
    土エレは黒が処理、ミミズは狩がタゲ維持
    水エレは忍がタゲ維持しつつアスピルタンク&狩のクラクラ用TPタンクに
    しつつ竜が降りた時にスラッグ+降りた直後に連携+MBで地味に削りつつ
    45分で撃破。

ドロップは今剣と昆吾石が4個
    経験値はない。称号:應龍調伏猛子
    竜慣れしてるLSなら何回か試行すれば勝てると思う。がんがれ。

Translation:

We defeated Ouryu.

The strategy we used is have the BLMs kill off the Earth Elementals, have the RNGs hold the worms in place, and the NINs hold the Water Elementals while the mages Aspir the Elemental for MP and RNGs Kraken Club it for TP. When Ouryu comes down the RNGs use Slug Shot + skillchain immideately after + MB and shaved health off. Killed it in 45 minutes.

Drops were Imanotsurugi and four Kunwu Ore. No experience points gained. Title: Ouryu Exorcisist (?). If the LS is used to fighting against the Wyrms, with several tries it can be won. Good luck.

Seeing as how the above post tells us what the Title gained after defeating Ouryu is, it seems highly unlikely it is false information. So therefore, the earlier report saying Ouryu drops Abjuration is most likely false.

Curse the false poster. It got me excited for a moment too.

For reference:

Imanotsurugi: Katana (Rare) lv67 D:35 Delay:227 Enmity+2 NIN

Kunwu Ore: This ore contains traces of the metal kunwu iron. (note: used for Synthing the Black Set, DRK JSE)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pretty sure Mistmelts won't work and are exclusive to the 4-2 BC only~

Opeth - question - is Ouryu not stunnable being Earth based?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I suppose it could be a super rare drop to get abjuration, but I chalk this up to the same type of rumor that SE had added the abjuration to the KS99 BCNMs some time ago, which was also false. From there discription of the drops it seems like a fight once and then never again, the DRK JSE really doesn't help End Game, only in EXP parties, and it isn't that much better then other stuff that is easy to obtain to be worth the trouble. The katana although nice, is hardly so jaw dropping that I would consider it worth the trouble either. If these are indeed the drops that is pretty awful, reminds me of Jourgamand*, who is a complete waste of time to even fight.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Only time will tell if it drops abjus. We can only pray. But like the above post says, kinda like the rumor of KS99 droping abjus. Well just have to keep track of all the kills and see if another abju drop happens and have pics to back it up. But I dearly hope so. Even if it is very rare it beats the snot out of having to wait in Behemoth Dom for hrs with 34523098 people camping only to have KB pop claimed and and engaged b4 u even see it on screen -_-;

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While that maybe true and it will resolve the issue of latency issues with 3 Kings, take into account it takes 5 days for each ENM, same 5 days it takes for a King(s) to pop. On top of that the Pop Item is not 100% drop which expands the time between each BC significantly.

At this point it's a big "if" on the abjurations, and even if it does drop Body abjus, that still leaves out other pieces desired by people from Kings... so camping Kings is unavoidable.

Ouryu is not a solution to "lateny", it's definatly a nice step towards it. ^^

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I dunno... I think they are leaving the Cursed Armor / Abjuration stuff a RoZ thing and CoP seems to focus a lot on JSE armor.

We'll see what happens in next couple months I guess.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

The Ouryu fight isnt a ENM, you lose exp in it and there isnt a 5day cooldown before you can enter again...
    Plus Kings can pop day4-7

Black Belt
    BG Level

they meant getting the pop item is from ENMs, so unless you have an infinite number of people, your LS will be limited on the number of pop items you can get from ENMs each week.

and yes, Kunwu Ore sounds a lot more probable as drops (i had serious doubts about Abjs personally). it'd be a lot like Jorm, which is not a surprise. and overall it would be something that's worth doing occassionally but not something really worth pushing for repeatedly.

For your strategizing pleasure...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ed/ouryuBC.gif

at I-9 in riverne. Not pictured behind us is the green unstable displacement that says "A glowing mist of ever changing proportions floats before you..." when clicked.

You can see the area where you fight ouryu down below to the left, the big tree at the top of the island matches up with the first screenshot posted of the group that fought him.

Interesting thing is the area/entry for the BC is in riverne itself, which is 40 capped. I wonder if upon entering the BC will everyone have crappy HP/MP like when you reenter an uncapped area like in promyvion/riverne/psoxja/etc.

This also means, however, that if you wipe and want a 2nd attempt you'll have to eat an R1.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

cloud evoker dropped off brothers enm in bearclaw