Thread: New Stealing hack?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tawnie Tarutaru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

New Stealing hack?

The CGFs on our server (Kujata) do the same things as on others, as I assume. Cure4 hate stealing, MPK etc. But I hear from my friends in other HNMLS, that recently, CGF have magically stolen HNMs at times where claim is not lost. Several people at once, just put down their weapons and receive messages "your target is claimed". My Taiwanese friend received a comment from one of them alluding to a new mob stealing hack - as in it steals while you currently have claim.
    Have you seen this?
    What do you guys do about this sort of thing?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Are you sure someone just didnt leave alliance with claim? That'll cause the same thing to happen.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tawnie Tarutaru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yep im sure. They do this esp to Serket and the other "Jeuno" HNMs.

If you would like a laugh. Tazzy the Leader of Illuminati rips into a GM about an Aqua incident:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 402&num=10

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

do you all remember the video i posted having the mob go from red to purple with one of my pt members still in the area alive with aggro? :X

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Normally whne my shell has had somethign stolen it was due to spamming claim.

Serkey was with chi blast and OVerlord with Voke.... Serket was given back due to error on mnk.... many deaths later. Overlord was not and the shell that stole pretended it never happened basiclly.

According to SE if someone claims target its "Oh well... Sorry for the frustration" not even a lollipop!

So peeps can steal your mob and only bad thing is bad name in game... some shells seem to not care and gil--sellers definately dont. So apparently if you get get mpk'd its bad but stealling a mob no matter its health is ok!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wow that's gay, if gilsellers were getting hnms on my server i'd quit the game
    and write an angry letter to s-e

sounds like some sort of packet hack; i've heard that ffxi is programmed rather insecurely, allowing for the use of packet hacks and memloc readers

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Samething just happened to us on Ramuh just about an hr ago. Then I asked a few people from various HNM shells same thing happened to them on Aspid today from the same person.

My view:
    - The log says our Pld claimed
    - Mob went from red to purple
    - One second I was casting enfeebles the next I get the can't do that to a claimed mob message.

Aspid today simliar happening from a friends account not my own

- His shells Whm wins claim (Log also said it)
    - He draws out his weapon
    - Aspid was Red fr him then turned purple
    - Weapons suddenly get put back in

Little more info this was an NA player doing this not a JP with the claim stealing.

Don't know what can be done about this we are all NA and GMs dont' give a dam about an NA players

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah, I've noticed that stupid glitch a lot lately. I've seen it happen at Faf/Nid, recently at Aspi, and have yet to see it @ Behe. Suprisingly, gilsellers are starting to creep into Behedom, but no one has lost a claim or had it 'stolen' from them. I think it is pretty fucked up that a mob becomes unclaimed or gets 'stolen' while engaged.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think any JA or move that is instant if spammed can possibley take the mob.... There might be a mille-second unclaim and it lands.

Serket is come drama period so if not being stoelen then there are 50 other drama causing things to go on.

We had Overlord stolen by anothe rEnd game shell a few months ago and they admitted it and nothing ever happened period even in end game land so its not even worth it anymore.