Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clothcraft 81-100     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Clothcraft 81-100

Are there any high level clothcrafters that visit this site? I'm at 78.3 at the moment, will probably be reaching the cap on the current cheap synth (Jester's Headbands) very soon, and was wondering advice on what is probably the best synths to do from here on out.

I've seen a lot of people doing Arhat's Hakama which is 88 cap so there's a gap before there, then possibly Errant stuff which starts at around 94...but what in between there?

Suggestions, ideas, anyone?

Arhats to cap, don't forget to try some of the fun mid-80s synths.
    After arhats, a mix of errant slops, errant hats, and g.bird fletchings is best. Take your time; max your leather and smithing at the very least during this stage.
    Errant hats cap 92, fletchings 93, slops 94. After that, I have done opaline dresses (95), errant houppelandes (96), rasetsu hakama (97). I'm at 96.5 now so this is the point I am at. @97 it's a toss up between making dance shoes at pure loss or making errant cuffs; both look equally lossy, about 100-130k per synth. Cap is 98 on both.

After 98 it's Rasetsu Samue at a big loss (150k per synth on my server) till 99 and then whatever -- cursed dhalmeltica, errant cape, blessed briault to 100.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ah thanks for the suggestions.

Should I do Arhat's right at 81 and take the losses? I know nothing else seems good though Devotee's Mitts only seems to be like a 50k/synth on the server at the moment, not sure if that's better but it seems like it.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Don't do hakama's until 83. 81-83 on that synth wouldn't be fun in my opinion.

I bought every pair of Zealot's Mitts on Siren for like 3 straight weeks and then synthed them all over 2 new moons. Also Master's Sitibaki is another one you can do (and much much cheaper.)

Getting 1 pair of Devotee Mitt's +1 at 2.5 under the cap was pure secks...it paid for like an entire level of clothcraft. BTW I hit 86.0 the other night and I'm doing 100% hakamas to 88. Spending a week doing the subcombines makes it fairly reasonable. If you don't have time to do the subcombines on Siren it's ~700k/level right now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Wow...I need more gil than NMs want me to have now >.>

Clothcraft sucks for HQs until later on too, so I guess I'll get back to you guys in about 18 months when I get to 90

Thanks guys

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

With the 2 Guild gears you can start Hakamas at 81, go on lightsday/earthsday/thundersday, face south for success, and equip your light staff.

With 2 guild gears you can also start hakamas at 80, who cares what direction you face and light staff won't make a difference

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol... i just broke too many so I didn't go that route. Yes you still skillup but meh...

on my server giant bird fletchings are a 190k loss per stack of plumes... it's made kabura arrows pesky to say the least since absolutely no one makes them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You can farm the Plumes somewhat reasonably if you go to Misareux Coast, there are Greater Birds in that area that check Too Weak to 75s, although there still somewhat annoying. Going with THF sub I could get a stack in about 2 hours, which granted is slow, even used Suzkas Scythe for the 1 intimidation per fight. It is slow, but it if you have nothing better to do, and don't mind its worth a shot. I did this while waiting for some people to show up for CoP missions, and a few other things.

Good luck, I feel for Cloth people they get some of the worst stuff to level on in the later stages of there craft.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, cloth is odd because it's not so much that things are expensive...they are just rare as hell.

Raxa....yay

190k a stack loss isn't *too* horrible, I will probably farm alot of plumes for this stage. I really don't feel like NPC'ing Errant gear for 6 levels.

190k for 6 synths is pretty good xD

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i did rainbow thread 72-78, rainbow cloth to 80, arhats hakama to 88, had both +skill GP items to do this, then errant slops to around 93, elite berets and errant bodies to around 95, then rst hakama and errant cuffs to 98.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

/hijack... The release the census on the day I ding Veteran clothcraft and I find there are like far less Veteran's in CC than in any other craft, even gold...

Is that just because we have fewer good recipes to work with? I'm finally getting into some damn nice money. I'm not making 5-10million per HQ like some other crafts but I've gone from 5-10k profit per AH slot to 30-100k per slot... Maybe my standards are too low but I'm loving this! ^_^

A poster on allakhazam explained it this way:

While goldsmith and clothcraft are both expensive, Goldsmithing costs are frontloaded to the extreme. That is, once you get into the late 70s, you can churn hq rocks and every skillup is a profit (beads) you just have to sell it. Therefore, once you pass a certain point, there is no reason to stop skilling, since you make a profit at it.

Clothcraft leveling costs, on the other hand, constantly increase -- they never reach a halcyon period where you make money skilling. Furthermore, there's not a whole lot of extra money to be made past ~85+2, until you hit seriously high levels. For example, and 96+3 I was still making the same stuff that I made at 85+2. Of course, now that I'm 97 that is changing :D