BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cooks- how much do you charge?

I am getting more people asking me to synth food for them, and I am curious how much other cooks charge. (I'm used to synthing for free for friends and LS members.)

Do you charge more for Sushi and Noodle dishes since you had to pay for the key items?

Auction house might be a good indicator of how much cooks charge. Although as a melee I think the price of sushi doubling within the past month is insane.

/Nod, I /tell them to get me the ingredients and I'll synth it for them ~ I list the ingredients for foods like Sushi and it normally puts them off >.>

The reason Sushi has gone up in price is due the price of the fish, not the greediness of the Cooks ~ lack of fish-bots or fishing since the previous update whatever <.<

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yea.. black sole went from 12k a stack to 25k here..

I'll usually synth to people I know for a minimal fee.. say a stack of sole sushi costs 30k to make, and goes on the AH for 38k.. I'll give it to them for 33k or something. Not much, but I don't want to charge too much, or do for free when I could be doing something else.. if they supply ingredients, I don't mind charging like 1-5k for everything to be synthed..

New Merits
    BG Level

Trouble is most NQ foods sell for at best a 10% profit, at least if they can be HQ'd. That 10% covers breaks, so it's almost break even anyway. I never charge anyone for synths, but if anything I'd say charge a fee for HQ's, gives you more incentive to optimize your crafting conditions too :wink:

Sole sushi once hit 75k on my server...o_o;;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mithracat
    Holy fragaroly. And people on Bahamut want to curl up and die when they pay 45k. (Which is still a lot, I won't deny that.)

Do you know how much stacks of Black Sole were going for when it was that expensive?

lol you guys make me happy to pay 35k on sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithracat
    Holy fragaroly. And people on Bahamut want to curl up and die when they pay 45k. (Which is still a lot, I won't deny that.)

Do you know how much stacks of Black Sole were going for when it was that expensive?
    I never looked, but one of the cooks in my LS said it was up there. Not 75k but like 40-50ish. This was during the weekend and it has gone back down and has been fluxuating between 25k-50k...

Fucking fishermen.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey screw you assholes. It's a fucking 96 cap fish.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    In the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    That doesn't mean they get to raise the price. /shakes fist

New Merits
    BG Level

yes it does