Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

If you trust someone enough and feel they have earned the right to hold an item in the first place, than you should just give it to them. If Kirin's Osode was r/e in the first place, like most of the other sky armor, than this wouldn't even be an issue.

I've always felt that the idea of "shared property" was silly and unenforceable and unfair. Just because some of the best items for certain jobs happens to not have that ex tag, doesn't mean someone should have to give it up. I mean, in Dynamis, you don't ask people to return AF2 when they leave the LS. It's something they "earned". It should be the same way with sky items.

If you feel someone in your LS has earned the right to use armor like that based on their involvement, then you shoould just let them keep it. If you're afraid people will take advantage of this, then don't give them the item in the first place.

My own LS uses a point system. A person can't take an osode or a tunic until they have participated enough to earn that item. After which, it is their's.

Rather then enlist ideas to get this person to return the osode (he either will or he won't...and at this point I think it's more likely he won't) you might want to enlist ideas from ppl here for how they handle drops of this sort in their own LS's. Keep the problem from happening again.

Nicholas
    Gilgamesh - Bastok Guardians

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

LS Apathy (Shard Of Apathy)
    after you complete ZM14 you might understand what the name comes from...

i didnt mean to be so negative w/ last post, im just saying there are better ways to deal with situation then you are doing, theres no reason to publicly announce it to ruin someone's reputation they have probably worked to earn. keep it within your LS. then again in apathy we dont deal with this...

what happens in the LS, stays in the LS.

Gilgamesh you have osme very valid ideas and suggestions. After this Osode mess is cleared up, I guess new ways will have to be looked at.

I really don't like the messyness at all. Its the principle of honesty and agreement that should be important.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aromas
    LS Apathy (Shard Of Apathy)
    after you complete ZM14 you might understand what the name comes from...

i didnt mean to be so negative w/ last post, im just saying there are better ways to deal with situation then you are doing, theres no reason to publicly announce it to ruin someone's reputation they have probably worked to earn. keep it within your LS. then again in apathy we dont deal with this...

what happens in the LS, stays in the LS.
    i've done every mission, i don't always pay attention to mission names though.

and the issue is here because the guy is no longer in the LS, so it doesn't exactly qualify as "what happens in the LS"

Heh I mean what do you do honestly? I have had people leave us with stuff but in the end when they recieved the item they deserved it. Cant really kick some toons ass (well ballista, but I usually get owned). I was in a ls that we built a fund to 18mil only to get a msg from the leader saying he was quiting the game and passing the fund ........ all 650K that was left of it. Sure we were pissed, and a lot of us felt used, but what could we really do? Instead we picked up our shit and started over again and learned from our mistakes thats about it.

I guess the way we do it is fine for now. Ls votes on who gets what beforehand, no points nothing. We go kill the god get drop and give it to em. Eventually we will have everyone hooked up. Those that cry about who got what only prove to us that they are there for personal gain and not about the ls as a whole and having fun. We had our mnk leave after getting decked out, but what cha going to do? All it did is dwindle down the #'s even more hopefully leaving that core group of skilled players. I would rather go to battle with 20 people who were in it for each other, instead of 50 people consumed with greed and envy in it for themselves.

personally if i cared that much about them i would MPK the dude every chance i got till he gave it back. thank god i dont

any time someone has quit my ls or quit ffxi they always gave back their osode/nobles. only one time have we had one taken from us and that was when we booted a bard and he refused to give it back. not much you can do though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crabs
    personally if i cared that much about them i would MPK the dude every chance i got till he gave it back. thank god i dont

any time someone has quit my ls or quit ffxi they always gave back their osode/nobles. only one time have we had one taken from us and that was when we booted a bard and he refused to give it back. not much you can do though.
    or the RNG that sold it then sold account orz.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The god LS that I was in did things a bit different, we never even dealt with the whole LS Bank, any money drops were sold and split amoungst the people that were there, or those that helped farm items in Sky drops. The Osades were handed based pretty much on who does the most, and gets the least amount of drops. They are selling the Shining Clothes now, if someone wants one they can buy it at a discount, but the Tunic is theres to keep even if they quit the next day. That said I highly doubt if they got a new WHM they would be really eager to sell the Cloth to them at a HUGE discount like they do with the WHMs that have been there forever. Heck our first Osade went to a class most people probably feel doesn't really need one, BST. If you temporarily give things to individuals unfortunetly at some point there will most likely be drama over it, and it is obviously even higher when there 10+ million gil drops, like a Osade, or a Shining Cloth are.

Unfortunately guys, they ran out of valid arguments and went straight to immature attacks. They started making perverted gifs of me while I was afk ingame.lol. Guess I can't have an age limit when people apply, can I? Guess you really don;t lknow how people are till they start thieving and attacking. Anyway guys, have a great Friiday.^^

just like all characters can get abjurations thinks like nobles and osodes should be given to people who earned it.... so should they quit the ls its not like its being stolen but that person worked hard for the ls and earned that as a reward.

There are some LS that will just give them away but ours has an agreement.
    If he didnt like it, he didnt have to sign and agree to it. But he did.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit like Osode and Noble's Tunic, imo are equivalent to any other Re/Ex item in Sky... if LS decides to give it to someone, forget about asking back for it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

He posted this twice on KI (Shiva forums, and Flame forums), Twice on Allakhazam (Shiva forums, General Discussion) and here we are on a Bahamut server linkshell's forums, discussing the actions of one person which have virtually 0.00% impact the players here or on any other server.

In other words, quitcherbitchin, you're both wrong on this issue -- him for not upholding his agreement and you for neglecting your linkshell members (one year and all he has is an osode that you want to strip from him to show for it)... This issue doesn't require gamewide attention... there are thousands of osodes that exist in the game, he took one that you'd probably have sold or given to a member who wasn't there when that osode was earned. Boo, hoo.

http://www.darkesthourls.com/images/shahlai.jpg

Maybe you weren't exactly reasoning with him the right way? I think that screenshot speaks volumes of yourself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Lets settle this the ole English way

First person to lose there front teeth loses

(Ondori no Jokes asshole or il rip your spine out and use it as a BANJO)

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    Lets settle this the ole English way

First person to lose there front teeth loses

(Ondori no Jokes asshole or il rip your spine out and use it as a BANJO)
    Screw the English way, let's do this the Canadian way.

First person to pass out looses (whiskey...beer... {Please check it.}

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

/em gets the shaving cream ready

Actually he should have post the unedited version...because anyone who knows my sense of humor knows thats just the way I talk-- and its in jest---ven my pic on ffxi--"torturing innuendos"... so that argument really isnt valid- esp since thats cropped to further an idea or propoganda.

The facts of the agreement speak for themselves.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

you still whinning about this?... have you noticed that on every board you posted on this, allakhazam, vnboards, KI im sure theres 100mil more, that its not getting anywhere?....

Since I'm not even on your server to have been present for this event, I'm just going to state a general opinion as best I can.

Yes, it is wrong that said person went against your rules established by your LS. However, also realize that not everyone is as good natured as we'd appreciate them to be. Although I can see how this rule affects the LS and what it's intentions were, there are flaws to it on several regards. No matter what item, Rare, EX, Rare/EX, or normal, there are people who will try and cheat others just to acquire something they want badly.

This can happen, and has, with the O-Bow on our server, some idiot QMastered it, instead of the open lot, of course I don't know the full story on that either so I can't even explain in detail.

As much as you want to keep this rule intact, and I'm not saying you shouldn't, you have to understand that everyone by nature has a bit of greed in them, that's just how it is. Does it mean people will use it/abuse it? Not necessairly. I helped someone get a Joyeuse one time, they had spent hours killing the PH's. Could I have lotted that sword? Yeah, was I going to? No.

Problem is with greed is people who abuse it are usually near-sighted about the repercussions and consequences that will occur.

Now, you can't entirely pin the blame on said person. My personal thoughts, Osode's should just be lotted out, maybe derived by a point system, what have you, but keep in mind at least 18 people worked for it (hence where your point for LS property may come into play). Also, even with this rule you are still subjected to it being abused, you take your own risks having it like this.

Not saying you asked for it, but statistically it WAS bound to happen one day or another. All I can say is what goes around, comes around. Cliche, yes, but it does happen. Instead of trudging through the mud with it, beating the dead horse over and over, I suggest to just pick up and move on if you haven't already.

HI there again and thank you for your input.

In the future, our LS will be making new policies most likely and agreements.However, the reason for that is because of this situation. Yes, I guess it is true , people do dishonest things out of greed and that is sad. Our LS will def move on and get new items. BUT the issue is about his agreement and that ite, Its not right at all for him to keep it. Our LS is now stating about the situation: Rokugen, Please make a video fraps of you dropping it with timestamps continuously. If you cannot do the right and honorable thing, then drop the Kirin Osode and make a video of it, not a SS because that can be edited. Then everyone can move on and call it a day.