BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HNM Gilsellers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

HNM Gilsellers

I was curious to see how other servers outside of Asura work and operate. To give you a brief understanding on how present day Asura works....

Presently a JPN HNMLS named Armada dominates most of the pulls. Now this in itself is more of an annoyance and frusteration. They are play well, are organized and are very good at pulling. However some of their members OPENLY admit to RMT'ing and botting. This has been recorded in both ventrilo chat AND fraps screenshots. Now I don't believe winning pull = botting because hell, my own LS gets accused of it all the time whenever we win pulls (maybe 1/10?).

I just am unsure of where to proceed. Ofcourse the GM's give use their canned answer of they will investigate. One of the GM's has even seen the chatlog of their members openly admitting they RMT and has "forwarded to their legal department."

Now what to do about this? If we KS/MPK, I personally believe we would be lowering ourselves in this respect. Do we give up and let them dominate drops and RMT everything? Do we continue to lose pull and waste time and change nothing? I feel its as if we do nothing and die or declare open war which might make things even worse.

Once again the problem I have is the botting and RMT'ing that they openly admit. I have heard of servers /random to get pulls. I've also seen chaos mpk/ksing on other servers as well. Of course anyone I talk to on my own server has a vested interest in one way or another. I'd like opinions from other servers on this matter.

I'd also like to say, these are my own personal thoughts. They do not reflect my LS opinion. If anyone outside of Asura could respond on their thoughts or experiences, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Solsovly

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I suppose you just have to keep doing what you are doing, and hope perhaps that they if they honestly do it that they get booted. Tho whole random thing will probably never catch on, on all the servers. The reason I say that is why should a LS that never loses the pull, or even lose it just once out of 10 tries, go to random it will lower there chance. It sounds great, really great when your at a large latency disadvantage, but doubtful that it will catch on. If you MPK them, odds are they will MPK you, and others will as well since they seen you do it. KS is viewed pretty much the same. I was discouraged by the gil sellers, but I could live with them IF they were playing by the rules, ie no MPKing me if I won the pull. Quick question if they are RMTing then is just small HNM like Serket, Sirmurgh, Bune, Beastman gods, Amikri etc. Or are they actually doing this on mobs such as KB, Fafdogg, Aspid as well. If they do RMT and are doing King pops one has to wonder what they do with the abjurations, sell them to highest bidder in the zone before they get lost?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They have no reason to change or want to change since they are still winning most of the pulls. This LS kills the kings and what not. They have sold their abjurations and black belt items to the highest bidder as well. Now you can argue what the difference between selling an item no matter if its rare/ex or droppable... a huge grey area. But as long as it continues to feed their RMT greed, theres little we can do but hope to win pull (or make some officers move to japan and get a better line ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

While some of their members are ****ers and RMTers, some of them are nice people. Yea, it sucks that they win just about every pull on every HNM they camp. Yea it sucks that SE doesn't do **** about it.

....Crap i don't know where i'm going with this one. I hate them too .

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'm in the same LS as Solsovly on Asura. There are about 10 different NA LS that camp Fafnir, Adamantoise and Behemoth off and on (none of our NA LS operate on the 24/7 set clocks to pop time mentality), and 1 JP LS named Armada that literally owns everything. They get 90-95% of the pulls and what they can't sell is free lotted amongst their own members. RNG in Crimson Body... all right... DRK in full Crimson... all right... its sad seeing all this great gear go to waste on people with jobs that can't even make good use out of it. They sell Black Belt items for 3million gil each, they have sold Adaman legs ABJ to people. They are a mostly JP linkshell, but recently they have been recruiting more and more NA players (mostly greedy people who just go there because its the only way they will obtain their uber loot).

Here is a screenshot of a conversation I had with one of their english speaking members. This conversation took place after a NA LS and their LS both had methods of claim go off IMMEDIATLY upon Aspidochelone spawning. The chat log of the NA LS read like this: Chi Blast by JP, Stun by NA, Voke by JP, Voke by NA. This was all within 1 second of the HNM spawning, I'm sorry but if something like that happens as soon as an HNM has spawned and no one has had a chance to build hate, that is NOT a KS. The JP LS however started shouting all sorts of KS nonsense so the NA LS gave up the claim to save face so no KS accusations would be brough against their LS. There have only been 4 NA kills of Aspidochelone since Asura started. This LS has dominated all the others. Here is the screenshot in which the member admits to RMT:

http://img234.echo.cx/img234/4682/img00144rl.jpg

I posted this screenshot on KI and this player "Demonhunter" saw it and began sending me tells the next day. He once again admitted to RMT so I placed a GM call this time:

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/7254/img00197aj.jpg

We are trying to decide what course of action is really best for our LS and for the server. Do we try and set up a talk between all the NA camping LS and decide if we want to openly KS the JP LS and only the JP LS? Do we want to forget about it and move on? Do we want to wage war against this LS alone? Its a hard decision to make and we are looking for some help from other servers to see if any other LS have had to deal with situations similar to this and if so how did you handle it and did it work out in your favor, or just make things even worse?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

when you're #1, everyone hates you

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

KS/MPK will ultimately get you banned fast. The best course of action is to continue to camp against them. I doubt all JP that do HNM are in that LS, maybe try and get some into your LS and help?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

KS is a valid tactic based on the rules set in place by SE but its a real scum bag thing to do, so its not really being looked at as a viable option by our LS. MPK is not really being considered at all because it is a violation of the game rules. Our LS has prided ourselves on not stooping to the level of KS or MPK and all of the sucess we have had has been without stooping to that level so we are really planning on keeping it that way.

We are mostly just looking for an outside opinon of people who might have similar situations off server. Any feelings held by members of our LS or other people on Asura are going to be one sided and based on what we think would be best for us, we are looking for the feelings of people outside our community who could give us some unbiased opinons.

I personally think it might be time to give up on the 3 kings and focus on the new content given to us in the last patch: the force pops fights and the Ouryu BCNM. 2 of the 3 King Wyrms (Jormungand and Vrtra) have never even been killed on Asura and our LS is the only one on the server that has been able to kill Tiamat as a single force. The only other kills were by a BST alliance and an alliance of JP linkshells. I think moving onto this new content and hoping SE continues to give us content to test our skill rather than our ping time is the best solution.

Even feeling that way, however, I hate the though of just giving up when it comes to the 3 ground kings and just letting the JP continue their RMT and monopolization. :/

Its a tough decision.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

One of the main reasons HP left Asura ^^; Armada are machines, always have been machines, will never stop being machines. We currently have almost the same situation on Remora again, with another JP LS. Armada from what i understand moved to Asura from another server when it was first created and was an HNM LS at the time of move, and wanted to Dominate the new server.

Its funny, we call them machines for always camping HNM, however we had a full alliance @ NQ Faffy 2 weeks ago @ 5 AM EST. Its not that we cant camp any NM at any time, just they have 3-4 people wee cant outpull. They've also recruited a NUMBER of North american players lately, just gaijins to kill the NMs so they can sleep sometimes.

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?ig38ls1cmoug
    http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?ig3adk10ewqw