Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tips for a war >.>     submit to reddit submit to twitter

tips for a war >.>

i just need some general advice for 65+
    like, what do i do in dynamis? whens the earliest i can enter?
    which is more important in rampage/raging rush: acc or str
    which is better in tanking: agi/eva or vit/def
    and how can i effectively tank as a war? (for emergency situations)
    how can i save the most gil at endgame levels?
    (juggernaut is 15mil, Tabarzins are 600k ea, Berserker is 2mil, Woodville is 2mil, Flame rings are 2mil T.T)

heres the equipment
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?69051
    -i have a goblin bomb in ranged
    -5/5 af
    -i have sun, ven, and sniper for rings
    -dual darksteel picks+1's
    -colossal axe next level

thanks for ur time, just trying to be the best war for my level ^^; (well NA anywayz)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Being a good warrior has little to do with equipment.

Being a good warrior has everything to do with Bushido.

Re: tips for a war >.>

"i just need some general advice for 65+"

Static with a BRD.

"like, what do i do in dynamis? whens the earliest i can enter?"

Tank/DD. Melees under 70+ are mostly just mana sponges though.

"which is more important in rampage/raging rush: acc or str"

ACC. Rampage is 5 hits, 6 with NIN sub, Raging Rush is three hard but missy hits. Better to connect all the hits than hit harder but miss. Best thing I can say about Rampage is never save past 100tp if you can help it, blow it every chance you get. Raging Rush - ALWAYS save past 200tp, it gets way more reliable after that, 100~199tp tends to disappoint.

"which is better in tanking: agi/eva or vit/def"

EXP - STR/ATK/ACC/Haste. HNMs - Haste/HP/Enmity. AGI/EVA/VIT/DEF almost never matter for WAR

"and how can i effectively tank as a war? (for emergency situations)"

EXP - do as much damage as you can. BRD Elegying the mob means you won't get hit much so defense doesn't matter. Zerk up and smash. No BRD? Don't tank pre-74. Post 74: you still want a BRD for double March on hard stuff.

"how can i save the most gil at endgame levels?
    (juggernaut is 15mil, Tabarzins are 600k ea, Berserker is 2mil, Woodville is 2mil, Flame rings are 2mil T.T)"

Different for everyone. People who actually got the money for things like Jugg instead of camping it are unlikely to tell you how they got it.

"heres the equipment
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?69051"

Only recommendations really are to pick up a Fransisca and Tungi if you can. You can easily use that combo together until 70+ and it's nice since they're free. 70+ WAR weapon options get pricey so it's nice to have 60~70 to not worry about. Apart from that, AF head/hands/feet/legs and Haubergeon with Sniper's and Lifebelt works well until you replace a few things with thick pieces. If you get parties where you're the tank, macro in Lorica for Provoke and Warcry but leave Haubergeon/Hauberk on otherwise, and make sure the BRD knows Carnage Elegy is God. Keep Aggressor up and don't worry about -EVA from Haubergeon, your dodges are flukes, don't learn to worry about them or count on them.

WAR is honestly very lenient in EXP since Berserk and Aggressor mean that even the worst WAR on earth is good 3 minutes out of every 5. Don't worry too terribly much about stuff like Juggernaut and Flame Rings and just get to 75. When you're 75 a lot of options open up as to what you can do to make money or camp for items (KS30s, ENMs, HNMLS events, etc). No one is going to call you a gimp if you're not swapping to a Juggernaut when you ding 70 on your first job.

Hmmm....are you asking for Dynamis or for XP?

If for Dynamis...forget it...wait until 75. If an LS is letting you enter under 70 and you're not a brd or a whm, then leave that LS immediately and hold out for one with higher standards.

As for XP...it depends on your role in the party. A warrior can serve so many functions. If you're tankin, keep the AF, your gear seems mostly decent for the job, since you want the enmity your AF gets you. I agree with what the other guy said and get a Francisca. I was never a fan of great axe in xp...to slow for my tastes. And 200 tp takes forever with a gaxe, especially if you don't have a bard. Just keep Defender up and pick your mobs carefully. And never ever Berserk (unless its on ws and you cancel immediately).

If you're DD in xp, you need totally different setup. Ditch the AF...you don't want the enmity. Get a haubergon...or if funds is a problem, a Byrnie. Get that 56 Royal Knights pants (or whatever they're called) as well. Use snipers and attack food...I like couerl subs. Ditch the warrior mask too...get something else...a pin or a valkyrie mask. The main point is you want to get enmity down...you're DD, not tank, and you'll want to have Berserk up whenever possible. Don't worry about grabbing hate for SATA...you'll have no problems here. Either axe of great axe is ok. At 65, you're most likely starting off a light or dark chain, so your WS won't be doing tremendous damage anyway. It's either Mistral Axe or Full Break.

Um...it's sort of hard to go into detail...there's so much to get into. Warrior is a very, very versatile job. My advice is check one of the warrior forums on KI or Alla and just read up. You'll usually find threads of this nature.

Dynamis Forget it you wont do any damage untill you're at least 74.

Tanking:
    Dual Wield
    Adaman barbuta(head)
    War AF (body)
    War relic/af (hands)
    Adaman (Legs)
    War AF/Relic (feet)
    Vit Rings
    Vit Back w/ good defence
    -Untill you can actually wear the Adaman stuff just use the AF-

Damage:
    Dual Wield
    Optical Hat/Emp Pin/ Abjuration Head
    Hauberk/Haubergeon/Scorpion Harness/Byrnie
    Giant Bracelets/ Abjuration Hands at later lvls
    AF pants / New war/drg JSE
    N. Feet / war/drg Jse (Enhanced double attk on af1 is not worth the effort)
    Str or Acc Rings
    Amemit mantles or the new one

HNM:
    Great Axe: Str / Vit - Steel Cyclone

Sky NM:
    Just regular Dmg set up.

Rampage is still a 5 hit WS with nin sub, you just get more TP cause thats the benefit of Dualwield, you get full TP for your first 2 hits then 1% TP afterwards instead of full TP on first hit and 1% TP there after

thanks, do i really need a fran? my darksteel+1s have the same damage as a fran, just a lil slower

also, do u recommend leveling sword?

Quote Originally Posted by untouchable
    thanks, do i really need a fran? my darksteel+1s have the same damage as a fran, just a lil slower

also, do u recommend leveling sword?
    Fran is just nice and free. The BLMs and RDMs that solo/duo Aqua just toss them, people will surprise you and be nice and give it to you if you ask, it drops every kill. You don't have to have it. Tungi is awesome but requires a little bit of work and is not guaranteed. Sword - yes! You'll need it for Spirit's Within if nothing else eventually, and it's easy to level - wear ACC gear and offhand a sword with aggressor up and it'll skill naturally as you exp, no one looks at WAR offhanding sword funny (unless it's really behind, then you need to catch it up some in like, coffer pts). Before 70ish sword options suck but after that at endgame levels Seiryu's/Company/Joyeuse/Ridill/Hrotti swords are all worth main/offhanding depending on situation. So yeah level sword. ^^

Banned.

BG Level

a