+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

for all those who have crashing

my PS used to just crash and freeze completley at any random time, then i got a few things done and i have no problems since. my PC is 100% custom i bought every piece seperate. to start, my 1st problem was a infinite loop error with my geforce(PC froze and restarted at random times).. so i bought an ati still the problem continued. then my HD failed, twice. so then i learned power supplies can cause HD failures, so i bought a brand new 450 watt PS with a brand new HD. still have freezing and problems. one day fooling around in bios.. i saw my idle cpu temp was like 175F(O_O). so i bought a kickass cooling system and some thermal grease, (arctic silver 5) and now i have 0 problems everything is all fixed. i would say the new power supply and definitley the cooling system fixed my problems. also if u have an ATI card, i would disable the VPU recover thing cuz its new and still all messed up..

i was going to just reply in amarok's thread but i saw multiple people complaining about problems so i just started a new thread =/.

this is what did it for me so im not saying it will fix anything for u.. but heating is a problem and definitley causes crashes.

hope this helped someone

My friend's computer would randomly turn off for no reason and whenever she would turn it back on right after it would keep turning off unless she let it sit for awhile, I told her it was probably overheating, and that since it's like 2 yrs old and no one has ever opened it up, it's probably full of dust which could cause the overheating. Instead of just letting me look at it, she takes it to a shop and they run diagnostics on it, open it up, figure out it's full of dust, clean it out and charge her $30 bucks for the service. Her computer runs great now, should have listened to me. But yeah if your comp is overheating it will cause major problems, my mobo has an alarm on it though so you know if it's too hot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    my mobo has an alarm on it though so you know if it's too hot.
    O_O, thats pretty l33t

I didn't even know it was there until it went off when I turned my comp on the first time (I forgot to plug in the fan)