Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Notice i said skip bibiki?

These numbers I'm not just pulling out of my ass. I use to do 300-400 average, with 600 being one insanely high random jump that stunned me.

Later on bibiki bay. Meh, drg gets a dmg bonus on processionares.
    Edited for the reading impaired.

Xavier

So basically, when you invite a drg to a party, you are limiting yourself to where you can go camp, where as every other melee is free to party where they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfie
    Not a single one of you has stated any valid reason as to why DRG does suck (which you are all hinting at, dont give me some bs about how you never said they suck).
    I'm pretty sure that pointing out the limitations that a wyvern has and on death cutting the drgs dmg down to below that of a normal melee is a good indication of a central flaw. Half the time I party with drg, they don't even bring their wyvern out, they know its a lost cause.

Then half the time you party with not so smart DRG. What a DRG should do is bring his AF body with him every where he goes. The second a mob drops equip that to regen HP on his wyvern. Spirit link as needed.

So basically, when you invite a drg to a party, you are limiting yourself to where you can go camp, where as every other melee is free to party where they want.
    That is a grand total of 2 levels. You can stay on toramas until 64, then the lower tier gobs in bibiki bay are good 64-66. Atleast, that is what I did with war...and hey look, I got through it with np. Processionares have two camps, with enough mobs to support 3 parties and get constant chain5 with the occaisional chain6. Two parties in blood ball room, one in the hall way.

EDIT: Sorry, in my original post I suggested staying on steelshell/goobues all the way to 69. But I forgot that you can start dhalmel at 67, and stay on them until 71/72.

I'm pretty sure that pointing out the limitations that a wyvern has and on death cutting the drgs dmg down to below that of a normal melee is a good indication of a central flaw.
    Except, as I have pointed out, keeping a wyvern alive is a breeze. Daahan, where are ya? When was the last time your wyvern died in a party that wasn't fighting gobs?

Xavier

Pretty sure flies will kill the wyvern too, and, to be honest, it doesn't really matter how hard I argue the point. You've called everyone who slams drg as having no proof, but haven't offered anything solid yourself, just personal testimony of how great it is. Provide a parsed god fight/series of xp fights that show a drg outdmging other jobs and I'll drop the topic, or a drg getting chain 22 on deco weapons in a drg pt (lol?).

DRG is a good DD until Wheeling Thrust, you've seen why I said Wheeling sucks, cause it does.

Frankly, any melee that eats Sushi is gonna have ~80-95% Accuracy, DRG don't get more out of it then say a WAR, DRK, THF etc get out of it, and cause they don't have much +STR/ATK gear, and natural accuracy bonuses I see NO reason why a DRG should be using Sushi.

Problem is, there are no high level Bats to exp off that'll make wheeling thrust any good, and the other problem is the SC placement of that WS, if a DRK, MNK or THF is looking for light, the first job they'll seek, is a RNG, hands down, then WAR (who has superior DoT, Tanking capabities and generally more SC options) and then a SAM (past 71, you know why, SAMs rock), even if they can't find it, they'll look for another DD, DRG is one of the last to get picked not only cause of stereotypes, but because they're truly the weakest link when it comes to SC'ing.

DRG usually only have an advantage on flies, which the mob bombs them with AoE anyway, and then flies have next to no defense, making any melee rape them totally.

Simple question: Why invite a DRG, when there's 2 RNGs seeking?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I pretty much skipped everything that came after xav's comment that the wyvern would be dead in 20 seconds at a Fafnir fight, but here is the thing: last time somebody posted something about drg it lasted about 15 pages and it was just a huge pointless argument.

We should just cut it short while we can. SE nerfed DRGs and they will never be the same again. You don't see DRG pts clearing floors in sky, you see RNG pts.

The end.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you're retarded for carrying drg af around

drg af /toss
    drg af2 /toss
    drg GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about we cut it short by saying...

stop.

For the love of god. Stop.

Provide a parsed god fight/series of xp fights that show a drg outdmging other jobs and I'll drop the topic
    http://home.comcast.net/~makrossv/09-23-2004.html

Acheron is the DRG and Rygor his wyvern. Take a wild guess at who the RNG is.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Provide a parsed god fight/series of xp fights that show a drg outdmging other jobs and I'll drop the topic
    http://home.comcast.net/~makrossv/09-23-2004.html

Acheron is the DRG and Rygor his wyvern. Take a wild guess at who the RNG is.
    All that tells me is that RNG used barrage 4-5 times in 58 battles lol. 2200DMG from JA? pls ;3 In xp parties I did 300~1000DMG barrages(usually 700-800) every time. I'm not gonna knock on DRG's but you can't compare a DRg to a shitty ranger.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To the OP: you've been trolled. Chilicheese was not serious when he made that post.

To all DRGs: I hate you.
    • Your wyvern sucks at damage and gives the mob free TP[/*:m:d7ef4]
    • Rangers are better at piercing damage than you[/*:m:d7ef4]
    • Your JA suck and are obsolete when THF gets Assassin[/*:m:d7ef4]
    • Your job is the preferred choice of gil sellers[/*:m:d7ef4]
    • The word "dragoon" sounds stupid[/*:m:d7ef4]

Go level REAL jobs, and stop thinking you're useful on HNM.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

wow a lot can be said on this topic over-night.

As far as keeping wyverns alive in XP parties, I have no problem doing it. A very good endgame DRG on this server has taught me how to keep my wyvern alive. Therefore, fighting flies in Boyahda, Goblins in Bibiki, weapons in the Shrine, and Statues in the Shrine, my wyvern was always alive.

Against big HNM like Fafnir like you mentioned, I'm not sure, because I haven't fought them yet. But how can you honestly say that Orfeo's strategy with the Stoneskin for wyvern won't work if you haven't even tried it out yourself?

Ondori or whoever has the ability to should just lock this post as it is. Because now we have people like Mifaco and whoever else are going to come out and say entirely pointless crap like that and start a huge flame.

Lock it ~ The people who are ignorant are ignorant, and there is nothing DRG's on this server can do about it.

BTW Mifaco - I don't suppose you remember the last time we partied together when I was on my DRG do you? You were on your BLM. We happened to get 6.1k an hour in that party. the setup was NIN, RDM, BRD, THF, BLM, DRG.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Stoneskin the Wyvern on Faffy will not work, he sometimes likes to use Hurricane Wing more then once in thirty seconds, sometimes more then twice as well once he gets mad.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Please show me an exp mob that 1hit ko's a wyvern. Ok, gobs. Skip the dunes and go to bubumiru fighting crawlers/dhalmel/birds. No trains there anyway. A few levels later, the jungles. Fuck goblins they are shit exp anyway. Later on bibiki bay. Meh, drg gets a dmg bonus on processionares. Do those until 66 then switch to steel shells/goobues until about 68/69.
    Funny how a drg doesnt even know what mobs give them damage bonus. Spear = Piercing.

Mobs weak to piercing: Damselflies, Triple Bats, Single Bats, Birds, Greater Birds, Mandragoras.
    I think thats all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I never cared for DRGs cause of the fact that there was a higher then normal % of really poorly equipped ones. We know that if they are well equipped they can equal the damage of a DRK. Question for you if your going to exp in Bibiki Bay and you have your choice of a DRK, or a DRG who are you going to take, I know I would take the DRK everytime cause they can stun those bombs that can one shot people if there Gobbie has enough HP. Also I sure would like to see anyone that isn't a thief get 600dmg Sneak Attack on a IT mob, all SA does for a sub is give you a critical hit.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i'm at work right now so i can't post it, but i have a screenshot of end-game me and a end-game dragoon both with haste doing dmg. This was against a seems tough - very tough mob. During the time it took the dragoon to do 2 attacks, I did 13 attacks. Drg average dmg was 120, mine were 90. Dmg over time OWNS u dragoons.

and i still havent unlocked my destroyers ; ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yeah but MNK also get crazy amounts of +Haste if there lucky end game. My MNK friend can wear Byakkos Haidaite, his Black Belt, and his Indra Katars have a very small chance to fire off a Triple Attack, add into that WHM, or RDM Haste and he never stops attacking, I know personally I could not outdamage him, it was pointless to try. DRG just has to do there job, there supposed to set up skillchains and be SATA partners when I did anything with them.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    you got people like bait saying we can only do 25 dmg, it's a whole bunch of BS.
    its called exaggeration you tard.

p.s. LOL YOURE A DRAGOON

say a DRK hits a Torama for 124 damage.
    say a DRG hit that Torama for 90 damage.
    the wyvern hits twice for 20 damage each.

do the math. 130 > 124
    I don't know about you guys, but the last time I put 90 and 20 together, it made 110.

On bones, until you do 300-750 dmg a turn, at ~300 delay, you can say you do more than a monk.

On weapons, until you do 250+ a swing with 1500+ dmg WS and 1500+ dmg barrages, you can say you do more than a ranger.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by THEPANDA
    say a DRK hits a Torama for 124 damage.
    say a DRG hit that Torama for 90 damage.
    the wyvern hits twice for 20 damage each.

do the math. 130 > 124
    I don't know about you guys, but the last time I put 90 and 20 together, it made 110.

On bones, until you do 300-750 dmg a turn, at ~300 delay, you can say you do more than a monk.

On weapons, until you do 250+ a swing with 1500+ dmg WS and 1500+ dmg barrages, you can say you do more than a ranger.