Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Dragoon's are overpowered.

I found this in a nother forums site which I thought was pretty intersting. This guy brings up a major point.

I've decided to make my confession. Dragoons are not gimps like so many of these trolls on the boards would like you to believe. They are actually extremely overpowered.

Ask any dragoon... they will tell you what I am about to tell you, that dragoon outdamages WAR, DRK, THF, SAM, RNG, and MNK. This blatant lie that dragoons are bad damage dealers was spread by the aforementioned WAR, DRK, THF, SAM, RNG and MNK so that they would still get invites.

"Chili what about rangers? i thought they were the most powerful?"

Wrong. Here's something a RNG probably wont want to do - use a WS at the begining of a fight. DRGs can get away with this beause of super jump. This means more TP in the long run.

Sure DRG may hit for less damage in one swing, but they have low delay and an ACCURACY BONUS and don't forget the wyvern. With the wyvern a good DRG can match or outdamage most other DDs. How is this possible you ask, when their WSes do on average about half damage of other DDs?

Did you know DRG acctaully has the highest percentage damage output of any melee job (with thier wyvern). Without a wyvern a DRG has about 80% of the attack power as other melee jobs. WITH the wyvern it's over 120%. Their wyvern hits for about 20-30 damage. And it hits twice for every one of their hits. And it ignores defense.

say a DRK hits a Torama for 124 damage.
    say a DRG hit that Torama for 90 damage.
    the wyvern hits twice for 20 damage each.

do the math. 130 > 124

I don't want to sound like a snob, but you really have to play DRG for awhile to understand how to use it effectively. It is deceptively complex. Most people don't get the most out of their DRGs.

People say DRG suck after 66+, thats just a horrible horrible lie. DRGs have a blessing called accuracy, and quite frankly, don't need sushi at 75.(ask crinx he'll tell you how much sushi is horrible) In an xp pt, they get to use /war, and a DRK is shafted with /thf. Let them pop some str and att buffing food, use berserk, and wheeling thrust for 1k+.

Ranger is not simply the best, because they put out high numbers on weaponskills. I've out damaged rangers with my sam on exp mobs, i've seen rangers get out damaged by monks, dragoons and several other jobs. Your faith in rangers is misplaced at best. Although Dark Knight is great for stunning, when it comes to melee, . One Weapon Skill for whatever amount of damage every 30 monsters = .

Against end game HNM DRG have massive advantages against other melee. Fafnir/Nidhogg/Tiamat/Jormy/Vrtra? Dragon killer. Wheeling thrust ignores defense, which means that they'll be doing awesome damage when their wyvern that also ignores defense, is hitting kirin for 20-30 damage. Not to mention Super Jump makes them extremely overpowered when they can do 1.5k DMG to roc and then erase the hate.

Perhaps DRG has one weakness right? Skeletons? Wait... Bourdonasse = Blunt Damage = Skeletons die Also, the wyvern counts as blunt damage, so DRG > MNK.

Get out there and spread the word that DRG isn't gimp, its just the jealous other jobs spreading untruths about the best job in FFXI.

Discuss.

Are you fucking joking me?

Ban.

fuck your dragoon and the wyvern you rode in on

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

im a bard >.>

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

DRG's have potential.

The only problem is that 99% of ppl who play drg have NFC what they're doing.

New Merits
    BG Level

too bad a rng hits for 120, a drg hits for 25 and the wyvern hits for 8

PLD: (Sentinal)
    MNK: Turn it for SATA Dragon Kick
    DRG: Ok...
    DRG uses Provoke on the xxx.
    DRG readies Wheeling Thrust.
    The xxx takes 350 points of damage.
    Wyvern readies xxx Breath.
    The xxx takes 104 points of damage.
    The xxx hits the PLD for 98 points of damage.
    MNK: (/sigh) i'm so not subbing THF with a DRG again.

True story. DRG only managed to turn the mob 3 times in 1 hour, most of the time I just Solo'ed SA.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

my ranger hits for 220 average on EXP mob. show me a drg that does that and ill suck him off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

A rich Dragoon can "Almost" match a Well Equip'd war.

No one thinks they are shit damage dealers for exp..... Its just HNM's I feel they suck big hairy Gigoboombas

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Are you fucking joking me?

Ban.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Any melee with decent gear doesn't need sushi at 75. I ate Bison Steak, or once in awhile Red Curry when I really felt I needed to waste money, and I still didn't have a problem hitting and I was a DRK who has JA -10% accuracy. In fact depending on the party set up I usually did use Warrior sub at 75, which gave me Berserk, Double Attack. Still couldn't out dmg RNGs, Wars, or Mnks with that, so I doubt a DRG could. That said there was a DRG on our server who could whoop me in dmg, but he had almost complete Hectacomb Armor set. Realistically just about any job can outdmg the ones you mentioned given certain circumstances. A DRG with Staff leveled can do fairly good DMG on Bones even, and with WHM sub get lucky with the wyvern unblinding people.

This is like the other guy telling me that DRKs are the best DDs in the game, I guess someone forgot to tell me even though I played to 75. I had better gear them him, but I was gimp cause I couldn't out damage well equipped WARs, MNKs, or RNGs. Also told me Kirins Osade was not that common, I don't know about your server, but I'm getting sick of seeing just about every 75 RNG friend of mine running around in one.

Vuudoodooo I never seen the PSP look so nice as it does in your avatar :wink:

Relic Shield
    BG Level

lol kuai, your sonic the hedgehog avatar looks EXACTLY like my best drawings of sonic when i was younger (like 10 or something)

scary

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

That's why I sub THF, do about 600-900 on Wheeling Thrust, followed by a jump. Very rarely do I have trouble turning it around for the the other melee to SATA back on to tank. IMO DRG/WAR isn't a very good combo.

DRG's have potential.

True. Most DRG you see have some of the crappiest and worthless armor you'll ever see. However, whenever you do come along with one that has good gear, you can see that we do well.

Too bad this isn't true at all...I don't hit for 25.., rather on IT mobs, I hit for 100-110 + 25-30 from wyvern. Don't go saying crap like that if you don't even know what you're talking about because the thing is, the ignorant ones out there tend to believe it.

And FYI, it wasn't Borisan who posted this, if you read carefully you'll see that he found it on a different message board.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I disagree with DRG being overpowered and being better than every other job out there; however, for people to say that they suck at doing any damage at all is wrong. No, a DRG can't out-DMG a WAR or RNG. They can rival MNK (except on bones), SAM, DRK, THF; why? because I have done so in the past. But once again, when
    you got people like bait saying we can only do 25 dmg, it's a whole bunch of BS.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    That's why I sub THF, do about 600-900 on Wheeling Thrust, followed by a jump. Very rarely do I have trouble turning it around for the the other melee to SATA back on to tank. IMO DRG/WAR isn't a very good combo.

[quote:1f669]DRG's have potential.

True. Most DRG you see have some of the crappiest and worthless armor you'll ever see. However, whenever you do come along with one that has good gear, you can see that we do well.

Too bad this isn't true at all...I don't hit for 25.., rather on IT mobs, I hit for 100-110 + 25-30 from wyvern. Don't go saying crap like that if you don't even know what you're talking about because the thing is, the ignorant ones out there tend to believe it.

And FYI, it wasn't Borisan who posted this, if you read carefully you'll see that he found it on a different message board.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I disagree with DRG being overpowered and being better than every other job out there; however, for people to say that they suck at doing any damage at all is wrong. No, a DRG can't out-DMG a WAR or RNG. They can rival MNK (except on bones), SAM, DRK, THF; why? because I have done so in the past. But once again, when
    you got people like bait saying we can only do 25 dmg, it's a whole bunch of BS.[/quote:1f669]

It is all about gear. Fact is when I was leveling it was not uncommon at say 69 to see a DRG still wearing AF, or that really crappy black leather stuff. If I was lucky they were wearing an Assualt Jerkin. I suppose it didn't matter since my skillchain partner in my static was a WAR, but the sheer amount of people in crappy DRG armor makes you sick. Then there are the few that actually took the time like they should of to obtained good gear, they can keep up with several other melee jobs. I once seen some 69 type DRGs wearing full AF, DEX rings, complaining about how hard it is to get respect as a DRG, I wanted to slap them and tell them get decent gear then complain.

Yes, we know, but do you recall how beaten to death this topic is? Seriously, it's done.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

yea, you are right. I won't post anything more on the topic. I know what I can do and I know that not everyone can be unignorant, I'm 74 almost 75, that's justification enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Yes, we know, but do you recall how beaten to death this topic is? Seriously, it's done.
    I don't think that horse is beaten enough. Bring in the reinforcements!

Xavier

+ 25-30 from wyvern
    You must be pretty lucky to find an xp mob that doesn't spam an AOE move that 1 shots your wyvern. The arguement that your wyvern puts you over the top in dmg is bs, he isn't invincible, and on ANY HNM like fafnir, hes dead in 20 seconds.

Claiming to outdmg a SAM is pretty absurd, we recently parsed a straight up tanked Kirin, I did over 6000 more dmg than the second highest melee, and 4000 more than the highest blm. But yeah, its a beaten to death topic.

Seriously, when was the last time you saw a DRG at all? DRG hits for over 100 with lance, 20-30 on non-criticals with wyvern. SA jump does 300-600 (yes, i have done 600 sa jump as a lvl 58 drg..it shocked me, on a raptor in valley of sorrows).

True story. DRG only managed to turn the mob 3 times in 1 hour, most of the time I just Solo'ed SA.
    Why the hell wouldn't you just SATA onto the DRG? And damn, your tank must of really sucked. When I party with WAR, tanks understand that they shouldnt do anything but voke at the start of a fight when we are doing a SC. That way, even if i only get about 400 dmg on my mistral axe, the mob will turn.

A DRG with Staff leveled can do fairly good DMG on Bones even, and with WHM sub get lucky with the wyvern unblinding people.
    There is a very, VERY old lance (im talking pre-cop) which has hidden effect: blunt damage. It's level 70, called bourdaneusse. With bourdaneusse, DRG gets enhanced dmg on bones. Looking at your comment about whm sub, you don't seem to realize that by casting Dia (thats right...lvl3 whm spell, costs you a big bad 7mp) you can cure somebody for 350+.

That's why I sub THF, do about 600-900 on Wheeling Thrust, followed by a jump.
    I know you drg haters are looking at that and saying "well, drk still does way more" (which on base ws dmg alone isnt even that true...300dmg, woot), you add on an extra 100-150+ wyvern breath. So really those numbers should be 700-1050.

If I was lucky they were wearing an Assualt Jerkin.
    You realize that with the exception of relic body (gives wyvern sub abilities...ie double attack, berserk, provoke, sata, etc) assault jerkin is drg's best body peice right? Sole sushi combined with natural acc bonus and the +acc they get from other gear is more then enough to connect almost every hit. +10ACC from scorp harness is seriously useless for exp.

I know what I can do and I know that not everyone can be unignorant, I'm 74 almost 75, that's justification enough for me.
    75 tomorrow for both of us SA Impulse Drive > SA Steel Cyclone is so so nice.

You must be pretty lucky to find an xp mob that doesn't spam an AOE move that 1 shots your wyvern. The arguement that your wyvern puts you over the top in dmg is bs, he isn't invincible, and on ANY HNM like fafnir, hes dead in 20 seconds.
    Please show me an exp mob that 1hit ko's a wyvern. Ok, gobs. Skip the dunes and go to bubumiru fighting crawlers/dhalmel/birds. No trains there anyway. A few levels later, the jungles. Fuck goblins they are shit exp anyway. Later on bibiki bay. Meh, drg gets a dmg bonus on processionares. Do those until 66 then switch to steel shells/goobues until about 68/69.

As for gods and such one hitting wyverns, there are new boots. They are level 30.. enchantment: wyvern stoneskin (you get the idea, the wyvern gets stoneskin). They drop off a NM that spawns either on or after the boat ride in carpenters landing, im not entirely sure. The reuse on them isn't log (ie 30 seconds~).

Something I would like to add...

Not a single one of you has stated any valid reason as to why DRG does suck (which you are all hinting at, dont give me some bs about how you never said they suck).

Oh, and if you want a shitty dd in exp pt... invite a thf.

Hate to say it Orf, but xp party on goblins in Bibibi Bay pretty much means a dead wyvern. Also, was partying with a well equipped dragoon, assault jerkin and all. His SA jump hit for around 150-190 damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast