Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

RE: The disbanding of Whiffleball

First off, I am taking bets on how long this post will stay here, without being either locked, or completely deleted.

Secondly. LOL.

And now the body of the post.

Lets start with some quotes from Berticus’ well thought out "Sticky: Disbanding" that he quickly locked to avoid flaming.

--
    "Yummy, Quicklet, Veritas, and Buruberi, and everyone who wanted
    and tried to help the LS to stay alive by coming consistently, thank you."
    --

Want a fuckin cookie? Grats, you stuck with your LS so you didn’t get booted from BG. Here, I’ll give you my beard cookies from last whogivesafuckday.

--
    "people who bailed as of the 6th of 7 total reflags"
    --

What were you expecting to accomplish by listing all the names of all the people who were excited about going to dynamis when it was JP only territory? Sure, many people got their shit and ditched, or never returned to a certain area if they had the clear or their AF. That, I don’t agree with. Many others quit to go with other LS’, their own LS, their friends.

Not their tyrants.

--
    Round two assholes
    --

Whiffleball had a good run, you got to Xarcabard, pissed around in all the other cities, had members for a good long time.

Please refer to this poem

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrel ... /1012.html

--

Anyways, yes, I admit that I did get my AF, that’s just fine and dandy.
    I was disgusted to find that Whiffleball/BG had no remorse for any circumstances when someone was absent. My house fucking burned to the ground, blabla, you docked me 8 weeks attendance or something. wtf?

"I'm sorry you lost all your worldly possessions, a family member, and your house, but we think its best to fuck you over in game too ^^"

thanks Whiffleball \(^-^)/ thanks BG \(^-^)/

--

Enough of the guilt trip, i wont refer to that one again unless some heartless fuck decides to bring it up again.

--

I figure, I’ll leave the rest of the ranting to everyone else. I’m done for the day.

--

On a brighter note : OMFGSTONECHEESEYUM LS is looking for non dragoon members. You must like cheese and have "Ganked" AF from Whiffleball. All members get free beard cookies.

-

Also, please look at this picture and think as you may =x

http://www.members.shaw.ca/voltfest/Hitler.jpg

-

Voltfest of Bahamut

|||| Buying H.Q Crab Shells <--- 6k |||| ( Not the best place to put this eh?)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so you're a leech...
    You get your AF and strats, and walk off to make a dynamis LS thats advantageous to you.

BFD, do YOU want a cookie ??

YAY I STOLE AF FROM BG IM SO HAPPY NOW \(^-^)/

and if it wasn't for your shitty lotting rules most of the people would have stayed with you but seeing as you can only lot on 1 job and after that is done what are we to do? get you money and AF for people who just joined..... no thanks! it was the lotting rules that screwed you over nothing more nothing less.

You randomly came back, got xarcabard (since we have been the only NA LS to have been able to do it for over half a year) BST AF2, then went to Anbu dynamis. Pure gank. Look at the other AF2 you got too. Your translation of "wiffleball doesnt care about me or my situation" is "I didn't get beau/xarc PLD AF2," since you got every 4 nation piece of PLD AF2 and full BST AF2 from wiffleball.

I don't know and don't want to get involved with your RL crisis neither does anyone here. No one is saying "fuck you because your house burnt to the ground" - everyone is subject to the same conditions based on attendance. The system isn't perfect but it became necessary or the LS would have died before we even counted cycles.

If you hadn't ditched to another dynamis' LS you wouldn't be included on the list of inactives. Why do you care so much anyway? what's the penalty? is getting full BST AF2 and full 4nation PLD AF2 with no responsibility afterward such a bad consequence? or is it not enough? I guess you just want more (Xarc/Beau PLD, even though you got Xarc/Beau BST), or would that even be enough? Do you and others berate anbu dynamis with the same kind of bullshit complaints?

You ganked wiffleball, the evidence is crystal clear. Cry me a fucking river for not getting to lot on Beau/Xarc PLD AF2. I guess you get to now that you defected to another LS.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

wow you're cool posting with some gay ass name

i could say the same about your name

Sea Torques
    BG Level

at least im willing to state my in-game name, unlike some punk ass bitch. who makes a new name just to talk shit.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

~

2 of 4 bert, check your 'books'

anyways

"I don't know and don't want to get involved with your RL crisis"

Prehaps thats the problem you heartless fuck, lol

And your telling me to cry you a river? IM PISSING YOU A FUCKIN BRIDGE about your "Disbanding" post

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My name is on that list,
    5 months ago i joined the dynamis ls when they were doing the citties i was excited i showed up to sandy and to my dissappointment it was ful i wasnt allowed in i showed up for bastok wind and jeuno and got clear, i got my attendance points for all then the ls moved to glacier i had to stop attending since i dint have clear for sandoria and cause i got negative attendance i was removed from the ls and site and NOW AM PUT FOR STEALING af's............. i dint lot anything in the 3 dynamis i attended and dint take anything.. now i noticed there aranged in order so maybe it was a cut and paste from the data base and a mistake but i ask my name to be removed from there as i dont feel like being known as some whoganked af2 from bg, i can get af2 with my own ls thankyou..

If you really want to know that bad its Azjol and the mian reason i left wiffleball was because i couldn't lot on my second job

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

that must suck. not being able to lot on your second jobs af2. especially after getting 4/5 af2's for you whm. while others dont even have 1. yea... that really sucks.

the greed is insane

Re: ~

Quote Originally Posted by Volt
    2 of 4 bert, check your 'books'

anyways

"I don't know and don't want to get involved with your RL crisis"

Prehaps thats the problem you heartless fuck, lol

And your telling me to cry you a river? IM PISSING YOU A FUCKIN BRIDGE about your "Disbanding" post
    I'm not being heartless, I'm just not getting involved.

I'm sorry about your loss.

ok? am I no longer hitler? seriously, I feel bad that it happened, but what can i do? and what does it have to do with dynamis? you must not understand that giving anyone special treatment no matter what the circumstances (be it death) ruins the rules and gets me yelled at by the rest of the LS, and even more people quit.

The LSes that will succeed in Dynamis are the ones that take their focus off of AF2 and do it for the fun, and the achievement (killing Dynamis Lord, improving efficiency, whatever). Our members weren't, hence this. That's the purpose of the disbanding post, also as an apology to people who still wanted to do it.

Also, you're leaving out PLD AF2 hands from the very first sandy run before I wrote drops.

gilmaster, you're on the list of inactives, the unretained AF2 is a supplement to that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

"people who bailed as of the 6th of 7 total reflags"

i dint bail i came to 4 cities wasnt allowed into 1 by THE LS then i was removed casue i coudnt come to glacier but if u dint let me get 1 city cause it s full my fault?i dint want to leave, i was removed then my ls setup there own so i joined cause we would do cities . Attended 3 with u guys 3 ONLY and took nothing.. i still see no reason for me to be on there, but ok i am a bailer that up to u. thats it for me i guess, thanx

New Merits
    BG Level

yea bert is real heartless he just organizes tons of shit and everyone takes it for granted and does this in return. what a prick.

It's sad to see so many people complain so much about the rules, but what's your solution? What's your suggestion? No one has any. It's easy to just join a linkshell and go to Dynamis, it's not easy to make everything work. It's easy to complain about the unfairness of an imperfect system, it's not easy to try endlessly to please everyone and perfect it. No one takes anything into consideration, the only thing anyone cares about is AF2 AF2 AF2. No one appreciated anything, stop whining so fucking much, start your own linkshell and figure out a perfect system that is fair to every single old and new member. It's impossible.

Scunsion said it best.

The greed is insane.

Re: RE: The disbanding of Whiffleball

Quote Originally Posted by Volt
    Want a fuckin cookie? Grats, you stuck with your LS so you didn’t get booted from BG.
    Membership of Wiffleball had nothing to do with membership to BG, your theory is flawed.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was waiting for one of these threads to pop up, The reason why i did not post it myself was because I did not wanna deal with the whole getting my ear chewed out, for example this thread.

now, my opinion on this is somewhat of someone who went to about 40-50% of them and never got AF but I defended the tier system, the rules and the regulations. In order to lot on a Af2 for your job, you had to have a certain amount of points to lot it which would came from attending every weeks dynamis. For some people, it took a month and a half to get tier 1.

Many people left wiffleball because of the cocky attitudes people had with each other and you can bitch at me all you want but it was mainly BG people with people who was not in BG's LS but attended wiffleball's dynamis run (try saying that 5 times fast lol). To say people left because they wanted to go to dynamis with their friends/LS/whatever is totally bogus in my opinion because wiffleball was the strongest NA dynamis LS at it's time. Why would anyone want to switch their dynamis LS, give up all the time they put into reaching a certain rank in the lotting system, all to go with another linkshell who would zenmetsu in places like sandoria and bastok? It's a bit unrealistic.

Now, As far as the Stealing AF2 thing goes, That's a bit out of line. How could you steal AF2 from wiffleball when it had it's lotting system in check and was followed to the grind. Everyon who ever got a piece of Af2 from wiffleball got it because they showed up, put down their time and effort and not to mention their experience to get what they got given they was BG or non-BG. To say this is stealing, well it would be giving a new definition to the word itself. If you ask me, it was a equivalent trade. People got their AF2, people got their time, dynamis money and other goals accomplished to a given degree.

It's sad to see people who never really got to see how wiffleball was formed, Was never in the linkshell to begin with and hell, not even on this damn server talk about how they are wrong and this and this person is right and you are wrong etc etc. The idea of a NA dynamis LS came from 3 tarutarus sitting in gustav tunnel leveling in a static on their first job. 1 from BG, 1 from Myth and another one from a JP LS. Wiffleball was created by yummy shortly after that idea came into play but this is a story that's best left in the past forgotten forever, known only by a few.

To date, after reading this i'm glad I never lotted on a Af2 from wiffleball because I sure as hell would not want to be called a "AF2 stealer". All in all, I find this a bit childish, but then again this is FFXI to begin with. I also can't wait until I get quoted and then bit in the ass for saying what I have to say. Hopefully It can stay on a level where people can keep their sanity in check.

RIP wiffleball, it was fun.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

"Now, As far as the Stealing AF2 thing goes, That's a bit out of line. How could you steal AF2 from wiffleball when it had it's lotting system in check and was followed to the grind. Everyon who ever got a piece of Af2 from wiffleball got it because they showed up, put down their time and effort and not to mention their experience to get what they got given they was BG or non-BG. To say this is stealing, well it would be giving a new definition to the word itself. If you ask me, it was a equivalent trade. People got their AF2, people got their time, dynamis money and other goals accomplished to a given degree."
    Gold Ziggs

And, to Bait. Yummy was the leader, was he not? Who the hell are you anyways? >.> lol

Bert. I'm not asking you to be sorry for me, lol. It's just that in your "Rules" were as flexible as a brick.

(totally unrelated about the AF - hands and head pld. (unless you count deleted boots))

Lito > I’m sorry you didn’t have a second job at the time. Perhaps you would understand if you were on the other side of the stick.

Mainly bert, I don't understand why you would bother keeping your 'books', or regurgitating them onto your forums as a source of 'ammo' in attempts to demean all those you left Wiffleball. A simple post of “Whiffleball is disbanding due to lack of participants; we had a good run, and had a good time. I have no regrets about continuing this LS after Yummy left, ………..>>>>” you get the just.

the main thing that's wrong with saying once people have their AF2, they're free to go ("they've earned it") is that it totally ignores the group. they owe it to everyone who was there to help them get their AF2. if everyone left once they got AF2 the last 20 or less would be boned because they wouldn't have a solid team with which to get the AF2 they deserve just as much as someone who came and helpeed just as much and got lucky with drop/lot.

this post/disbanding was a buildup of frustration after having tried so many times and having reached the same depressing results. i think a lot of people in bg contributed to the downfall too, i'm not pointing the finger of blame at any specific person (although veritas quitting for wow probably hurt more than any single person, fag <3) and the point of the list is to show

1) who was still with it and kept coming - a simple cut and paste of the active roster
    2) who had come and gone - a simple cut and paste of the inactive roster
    3) who had come, gotten AF2, and gone

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast