Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Packet Sniffing.....     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Packet Sniffing.....

http://na.square-enix.com/events/ffxi/t ... index.html

(Open Question) How do you plan to deal with players who use packet sniffing?
    (Sage Sundi)
    If a player is using some type of packet sniffing tool they're still required to be present at the location to be able to do that like any other player, so at the moment we have no plans on pursuing to nullify this behaviour.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some people ask stupid fucking questions.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

We have big problem with this...

Hello everyone. I'm Justav from shiva server <---sexxa :D but anyway we have a ls on my server "Shiva" that shall remain nameless but use a "Packet Sniffer" which is claiming all of the big HNM's such as Nidhogg, King Behemoth, King Artho, not really big but drops speed belt, /drool, ect... Now SE seems to not be doing anything about it cause we have no "hard" evidence. Now I've seen the videos of the "bot" in action against Nidhogg and it makes NO provoke motion or uses any type of ability...now i dunno but i think thats "hard" evidence if i do say so myself...i mean what more do u need it doesnt do anything and it claims it...Odd o.O...wonder how much it cost them to cheat?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

(Open Question) Will FINAL FANTASY XI support an official RMT system?
    (Sage Sundi)
    We understand that other MMORPGs have taken a step to openly trade virtual items for real money. However for FINAL FANTASY XI, we have a End User License Agreement that clearly prohibits any RMT activities. Also, the game isn't designed to adapt to such system and therefore we have no plans to make RMT official to the game. We believe that the competition has embraced this system to eliminate the RMT organizations, but we'll take our stance by continuing to fight RMT.

yeah fucking right

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

haha...show me the day that they do something about it and ill show u the day i lvl drg :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Solefald
    (Open Question) Will FINAL FANTASY XI support an official RMT system?
    (Sage Sundi)
    We understand that other MMORPGs have taken a step to openly trade virtual items for real money. However for FINAL FANTASY XI, we have a End User License Agreement that clearly prohibits any RMT activities. Also, the game isn't designed to adapt to such system and therefore we have no plans to make RMT official to the game. We believe that the competition has embraced this system to eliminate the RMT organizations, but we'll take our stance by continuing to fight RMT.

yeah fucking right
    Sure if they get rid of RMTing I will come back to the game........I'm pretty sure I don't need to go out and buy a copy of the game ever again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We also believe that from a role-playing aspect it doesn't appeal as much, I mean a husky male voice coming out from a Mithra or a Tarutaru or a high pitched voice from a Galka would be quite strange.
    LOL!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

That Shiva LS has purchased from someone a program that allows them to claim HNM now against everyone, the samething happened on Remora. I do believe people on Remora have friends on Shiva and might have the same bot as them. I wonder if the new patch they implemented the new bots are rendered useless?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Re: We have big problem with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Justav
    Hello everyone. I'm Justav from shiva server <---sexxa :D but anyway we have a ls on my server "Shiva" that shall remain nameless but use a "Packet Sniffer" which is claiming all of the big HNM's such as Nidhogg, King Behemoth, King Artho, not really big but drops speed belt, /drool, ect... Now SE seems to not be doing anything about it cause we have no "hard" evidence. Now I've seen the videos of the "bot" in action against Nidhogg and it makes NO provoke motion or uses any type of ability...now i dunno but i think thats "hard" evidence if i do say so myself...i mean what more do u need it doesnt do anything and it claims it...Odd o.O...wonder how much it cost them to cheat?
    post video^^

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I dont have video frapped but my friend Fira does and he know where u can find more videos of it lol...its pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    ?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

its a link to a lot of video's and documentation/accusations concerning "bots" between some JP LSs.

I like how everyone that doesn't win a claim on something, automatically accuses the other LS of using bots/whatever.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

http://www107.sakura.ne.jp/~hnm/taru/ta ... ie/all.avi

disappears right before it spawns and claims it, seems kinda strange to me.

EDIT: i can't read japanese so i really don't know whats going on in that video, but it does look weird.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Justav
    I dont have video frapped but my friend Fira does and he know where u can find more videos of it lol...its pretty funny
    D;?

Wow that taru is fucken evil

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

No kidding that video frightens me, pretty decent proof of something though...but he could always be on a 4ms fiber connection in Japan too.

We've had JP's voke and have Fafnir asleep before he even pops to NA players before. Can't even suggest they are cheating, that's just latency plain and simple. 97 people in Aery and all 3 main NA LS's there saw the exact same thing...lol

If you read the site, the site pritty much explains that the guy thinks the botters just turn of their fog effect so the monster dose not fade in like it does on our screens, also other lighting effects so the mob was drawn faster. Without the fade-in on the monster he is free to claim it. Fade only lasts a few moments but still is considerable time. Also explains that the provoke/chi-blast animation dose not apper on the character when this hack was used, but on the PS2 version you did see all the animations correctly.

I know everyone is thinking about trying it, why not right. Well don't bother trying this, JP still will win claim because of ping, this site is about JP vs JP botting, where ping is not a issue. The site did suggest they might be chinese but I doubt ping will be too different for them either.