Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BCNM99 and Hiring LS to do it for you.

I was always wondering how does that work. If a person has an orb and looking for an LS to help him with it, how does items/money gets distributed?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

1 person pay an LS or group XXX amout of gil to do the fight.

if they lose half the money is given back.

if they win all the items are given to the one person.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And how much would such endeavor cost?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Well you'd be looking to get Items, and really not Gil items. You'd have to split the XXX amount of gil with say 18 people so if it was say 4mil, which is alot, then everyone would only get about 220,000 gil... so i would have to be enough for someone to want to do it.

I'm not sure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The way I've been approached by it, is people usually want a weapon. And they say they use their orb, we keep all drops except the 1 weapon they want.

But we like to keep everything LS only, so I always have to say no

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My LS has done orbs for a couple of people now and it works like this. We pay the orb user 800-900k win or lose, that gil is yours to keep. We then do the BC and after we win we sell all of the loot and have a large amount of gil. The gil is the split into 17 people and the orb user gets more gil after the drops sell.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it possible to have Orb owner get 1 specific item he or she is looking for and everything else a split? Obviously have a prior agreement as to what that item is.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yea, depending on the item. If it's like one of those crazy expensive items then chances are you could buy it at a very low discount price. Keep in mind there is 17 other people you can't screw over to keep things fare, fun and where everyone benefits, not just that given linkshell.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But being an orb owner, shouldn't he get more than "hired help"? Afterall, getting 99 Kindred Seals is very time consuming.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

We've only done it for the Black Belt items off Chelvnik, which is almost a 100% it seems. It was pretty simple, you provide the orb and if it drops then you get that and we split the rest. Most people are cool with it.

If someone really makes a stink about it, then I guess we would split the money drops with them if they are actually a job that can help in the fight (in this case, a pimped Chi Blast REALLY helps on Chelvnik.)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    We've only done it for the Black Belt items off Chelvnik, which is almost a 100% it seems. It was pretty simple, you provide the orb and if it drops then you get that and we split the rest. Most people are cool with it.

If someone really makes a stink about it, then I guess we would split the money drops with them if they are actually a job that can help in the fight (in this case, a pimped Chi Blast REALLY helps on Chelvnik.)
    Sounds like a hand-me-down to someone who's actually providing the orb.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    But being an orb owner, shouldn't he get more than "hired help"? Afterall, getting 99 Kindred Seals is very time consuming.

he can always solo it....go with another team who will prob zenmetsu etc etc...

Our LS offers people 3 million up front for their KS orbs...win or lose (we never lose). We just have them get us into the behemoth bcnm, then tell them to exit (don't want someone copying our strat or messing us up).

Sometimes this puts us at a loss, but you can get up to 20m in this bcnm (or as low as 1m). We hope for a kriegs...worth about 12m on our server. All in all we find this method to be fairly profitable, and (we think) it doesn't screw over the person who did the work of saving 99ks (again they get the money up front...so if we lose it's on us).

As far as BB items, we charge 2m for the behemoth won (we haven't tried the other 99 ks yet). They just wait in the staging area while we beat the bcnm, and if it drops, they trade us 2m and we add them to alliance to lot the item.

It works out pretty well for us.