+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Nintendo's Revo (Its secret weapon has stole my heart)

Each generation of video game consoles builds on the past to set new standards for the future. As the company with the strongest heritage of innovation, Nintendo redefines expectations for all next-gen systems by employing a wide-ranging strategy to attract more kinds of gamers to more kinds of games. When Nintendo’s new console, code-named Revolution, arrives in 2006, everyone will discover the meaning of All-Access Gaming.

"We will show the world what a next-gen system can be. Revolution marries the strongest heritage of innovation to the future of gaming," says Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. "With backward compatibility and the 'virtual console' concept, the stylish, compact body provides maximum gaming power. It will not only take home entertainment into another dimension by expanding the definition of video games, but it also will give you access to the great history of gaming."

Some of the system features that wowed the crowd at the Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles include:

The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases stacked together. A variety of prototype colors are being showcased during E3. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome, artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it’s displayed vertically or horizontally.

Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's more…

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.

Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution’s technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway," and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named "Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not previously possible.

The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world’s richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.

Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo’s newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.

Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game “masterpieces” as well as indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big idea.

"Our next console proves small in size but big on ideas," says Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of sales & marketing. "We’re throwing open the doors of gaming to wider audiences, from casual players to hard-core gamers who live for the thrill of defeating an endless army of wireless opponents."

Nintendo's All-Access Gaming philosophy covers the spectrum. The next console fits anywhere. It brings together new games and old. It gives people worldwide access through wireless Wi-Fi connections. And it opens the world of video games – to everyone. Software for the new console will even attract people who don’t consider themselves players. Adults, kids, men and women around the world will have access to the most popular video game characters, the best game franchises and the most engaging experiences yet developed – only with Nintendo.

It may not offer what the new up coming gamers want compaired to the other consoles.... but it sure ashell offers me a place in the retro world :D

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
    No more of your cartridges not working anymore!

That's sexy. . .

once again I'm excited about nintendo and sony, but not microsoft

Xavier

Nintendo's secret weapon will sell the console. I don't think, with the exception of the N64 and goldeneye, I've ever bought a nintendo console for something other than a nintendo game. Access to that huge library will seal the deal, since I know the system will have at least 3-5 good first party games during its generation.

Old games selling a new system. 8)

nice style. all we need now is for Sega to do a COme back too.

I've always been a die hard nintendo fan. My biggest argument when people would say Nintendo is dead next to Microsoft and Sony was, "There's a reason Nintendo has been around this long, and they'll keep putting out the products that keep em going."

This proves my arguement.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

that game pwnz

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Crovus
    I'll blow on the CD's for that extra retro touch.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovus
    I'll blow on the CD's for that extra retro touch.
    Man, I remember those days.
    I'd blow my lungs were passing up blood out when a game wouldnt start. (well, not really on the blood part)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Seems like i'm looking forward to two of the next gen systems like i was back durring the last generation. The PS3 because it simply puts the XBOX360 to shame (and the name...XBOX360...what were they thinking), and the Revolution because...well...its Nintendo...and even tho they produce things that are just above the level of crap these days, ya gotta stick to your roots.

and god damnit if i could have thing it would be Iwata's head, we just want him to give us some screen shots and show us what that mysterious controller...err...excuse me..."user interface" he keeps talking about looks like...

"current controllers are too complicated for the everyday gamer..." - Iwata

...that statement still scares me, along with his obsession with the little toy they produced the DS makes me think the controller for the Revolution will just be...not good...OH WELL, its Nintendo and i can download all my old carts...and thats reason enough for me to buy it

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

if sega stilled made consoles and did those DL old games things OMG. Phantasy Stars, Shining Forces, Sonics, Golden Axe, Virtua Figher, Virtua Cop, and so many more awesome games.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

NEWS UPDATE

Nintendo, which mostly ignored the Net with GameCube, also is catching up with the online wave. Revolution will offer broadband access to a free Internet-based player matching service, similar to Xbox Live, that also will have downloadable versions of nearly every Nintendo game — from arcade classic Donkey Kong through current titles such as Mario Sunshine. (Nintendo hasn't decided whether downloading will be free.)

Xbox spokesmen have pointed out that 360's specifications are 10 to 13 times more powerful than those of the original Xbox; Sony said Monday that the processor in Play-Station 3, which will come in several colors and be out next spring, will be 35 times more powerful than the PS2 processor.

Nintendo makes more modest claims that Revolution is two or three times more powerful than GameCube. "It's not all about having 'turbo power,' " Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan says. "It's about what you do with it."

Analyst Richard Doherty of The Envisioneering Group says one of Revolution's chief advantages is that designers will find it far easier to create games for Revolution than for competing systems. "They do not need to make major changes from the games they were designing," he says. "They have better performance without having to do a lot of extra work."

Says Kaplan: "We've built Revolution around the concept of 'all-access gaming,' " a term Nintendo uses to mean the system is easily adapted to by both gamers and designers. "We're about sticking to the soul of gaming."

Nintendo makes more modest claims that Revolution is two or three times more powerful than GameCube. "It's not all about having 'turbo power,' " Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan says. "It's about what you do with it."
    This means that the so called 2.5GHz G5 based processors is a lie.

With its front-loading slot for discs, it will play games on full-size DVDs as well as older GameCube games on mini-DVDs. Like Xbox and PlayStation 2, it will play DVD movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium
    if sega stilled made consoles and did those DL old games things OMG. Phantasy Stars, Shining Forces, Sonics, Golden Axe, Virtua Figher, Virtua Cop, and so many more awesome games.

i want Sega to come back

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sorry, but Nintendo broke my heart with the N-64. I honestly don't think that I could buy another Nintendo system after that crap-fest. ;_;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I'm sorry, but Nintendo broke my heart with the N-64. I honestly don't think that I could buy another Nintendo system after that crap-fest. ;_;
    WTF?

Zelda
    Golden eye
    Diddy-Kong Racing
    Starwars Racer
    Mario Kart
    Resident Evil 2
    StarFox
    Super Smash Bros.
    World Cup 98
    1080° Snowboarding
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Jet Force Gemini
    Buck Bumble (OMGZ)
    Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
    International Superstar Soccer '98
    F-Zero X
    Fighter Destiny 2
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
    Vigilante 8

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE N64

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE N64
    I hate FPS, I hate sports games, I hate racing games. There goes 99.995% of all N-64 games.

And two more words for you: "Majora's Mask". Eeeeeeeeewwww...

E. Body
    BG Level

ROFL remove turok 2, diddy kong racing, star wars racer, resident evil 2, world cup 98, jet force gemini, buck bumble, duke nukem zero hour, ISS98, Fighter Destiny 2, vigilante 8 from that list

you fucking fag. you have no taste in games.