Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toreador's Cape     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Toreador's Cape

Seeing as how BG got it, I wanted to ask if it really has a hidden effect of +50-75% taking criticals. If that was the case, I'd drop it and try getting a Corse Cape instead.

Re: Toreador's Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Symbios
    Seeing as how BG got it, I wanted to ask if it really has a hidden effect of +50-75% taking criticals. If that was the case, I'd drop it and try getting a Corse Cape instead.
    Tomodachi did this too. I hate this cape. Ninja's get the shit kick out of them if the lose blink wearing this.

Id say the hidden effect is for sure true at least 50% increase in criticals

just don't get hit thats how I look at it. swap it out if you are. I tanked byakko with it and lived to tell the tale.

Swapping equipment out is too slow. The amount of time after you switch equipment is only 5-10 seconds at most and then you'll probably have blink up again after that. Though, I think it doesn't matter if I tank gods, because I have a good chance of getting one shotted either way (I'm Tarutaru).

BTW, I need some advice on my gear.

This is what I have right now:
    Mamushito +1 x2
    Baliathorn
    Optical Hat
    Evasion Torque
    Platinum Earring +1 x2
    Rasetsu Samue
    Rasetsu Tekko
    Sniper's Ring x2
    Nomad's Mantle
    Survival Belt or Life Belt
    Ninja Hakama or Arhat's Hakama
    Rasetsu Sune-Ate

This is what I plan on getting:
    Ungur Boomerang
    Narasimha's Vest
    Scorpian Harness (If I get a claw off HNM)
    Koga Chainmail (Yeah, right)
    Toreador's Ring x2 (I wish)
    Corse Cape
    Scouter's Rope
    Byakko's Haidate
    Fume Sune-Ate

When I get these things, should I only macro in Haste+ stuff, or should I just keep it on all the time because the evasion stuff isn't worth it? Oh, and does anybody here have a Corse Cape? I'd like to know if this has a hidden effect as well. If it had a hidden effect, it would make you undead, and that wouldn't be very good either.

Depends on what your tanking and what you like best I guess. For lower level stuff evasion is more useful. Haste is more useful on Gods IMO. If you're asking if you should swap in haidate and fuma for haste I would just leave them on all the time cuz they are awesome peices of gear. I dunno if you want any other advice but I suggest picking up BQ ring for tarutaru and arhat's gi instead of rasetsu for starters.

How much do you think the items are to synth the thing that pops this NM?

I got the goldenrod thing off a Haunt in Kuftal Tunnel, wondering how much I should sell it for since it's not auctionable.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

For the record, a recent patch "corrected" Toreadors Cape so it's now Enemies Critical Hit Rate +100%.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

>.>

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

>.>

So, another question. Is Koga Chainmail better than Scorpion Harness in XP parties? I know that's losing 10 evasion, but right now I'm down a Scorpian Harness and I tank just fine.

Oh, and is Kageboshi worth using on my offhand? I want to know if the bind fires off often enough to be worth anything.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

just give this cape to the gilsellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbios
    So, another question. Is Koga Chainmail better than Scorpion Harness in XP parties? I know that's losing 10 evasion, but right now I'm down a Scorpian Harness and I tank just fine.

Oh, and is Kageboshi worth using on my offhand? I want to know if the bind fires off often enough to be worth anything.
    Yes, koga chainmail is better then harness in xp :D

Well, every ninja I've partied with since level 60 used a scorpion harness in xp parties with the exception of Chumbelina(Mr. Do you KNOW how much it would cost to use more then utsusemi in a party?).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sekkite she was a good ninja but you were really giving her a hard time. You were telling her she should use full elemental circle ninjutsu and shit for hate, and saying that was expensive. If someone was gonna spam elemental circle ninjutsu they may as well sub blm and go DD. She wasnt complaining about utsu just the shit you were telling her to do.

best equipment for a NIN isn't a speed belt, scorpion harness, or koga anything.

tis a bard wwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Well, every ninja I've partied with since level 60 used a scorpion harness in xp parties with the exception of Chumbelina(Mr. Do you KNOW how much it would cost to use more then utsusemi in a party?).
    Dude if u got a Problem with Chum talk to me. And dont u Dare make any stupid Remarks about him. All u do is Bitch about How u should Do your Job. Talk to me when u lvl Ninja. Until Then u dont know shit.

L8r.

Heh chumb tanks for us just fine gods, exp party, whatever. Maybe if you weren't such a dick "He" might have tried a little harder. Yeah for some of us who work for our money issues such as "do you know how much that cost" are real issues. His ls is getting him a scorpion harness (try #2) until then he comes, he tanks, and piss' on assholes such as yourself, and all without the elemental wheel.

Sorry, but i'm gonna have to go with Sekkite on this. Last time I PT'd with Chumbelina was as a MNK/THF fighting Proc's in Boyahda... she was doing something wrong, she was getting hit a lot, she didn't voke every 30 secs, she only uses Utsesumi, I pulled hate as a MNK/THF, the WAR/NIN was tanking a lot more though. Frankly, if I pull hate as a MNK/THF, something is wrong. I can go longer as a MNK/WAR with a good NIN and not pull hate, the other NIN we had before Chumb was great.

Edit: Elemental wheel isn't that important (although it helps), but at LEAST use Kuriyami and Hojo, I mean, it only makes YOUR life easier, if my NIN at 25 can afford to use it, then certainly a 60+ NIN can. You KNOW how expensive NIN is before you play, if you can't afford to play then don't. No point gimping our play play cause you wanna be cheap.

This was a long time ago, I dunno if she's gotten any better, and from Sekkites post I doubt she has.

Dude if u got a Problem with Chum talk to me. And dont u Dare make any stupid Remarks about him. All u do is Bitch about How u should Do your Job. Talk to me when u lvl Ninja. Until Then u dont know shit.

L8r.
    This is pretty stupid, you don't have to play a job for 75 lvls to know how it operates, by your logic, you shouldn't ever tell a WHM when to Cure or Regen you when you get hurt or, Haste you when you need it, or Raise you when you die, you shouldn't tell a MNK THF WAR DRK or RNG when to deal damage, when to do a WS, what SC to use and when to use their abilities (Souleater+Berserk+Last Resort is ok folks!!).

By your logic you shouldn't say (or know) anything that doesn't concern the job you play.

This is just a surprise to me because I have exp with chumb before and he did a good job. Not to mention a very nice guy. Obviously I am going to be bias in my opinion, but I saw it with my own eyes. A ninja that enfeebles is going to hold hate much better then a nin that doesn't that is fact. To come on and blast the guy though doesn't help. Sekkite if your such an expert why did you not tell him or teach him, or was that part not your job? Instead you put him on front street when you should of left my ls mates name out it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalentine

L8r.
    This is why, the whole "omfg dnt tel me how 2 do my job!11" thing. Besides, no one's saying he isn't a nice guy, the nicest guy in the world could be a shitty player, i'm telling you what I saw, Sekkite is telling you what he saw, and a lot of other people who don't happen to be friends with chumb (from a non-biased stand point) have said the same things me and Sekkite have. I do agree that the whole name calling was out of line though, but it happens.