Thread: New Expansion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

New Expansion

He also confirmed that development on Final Fantasy XI's third expansion pack began simultaneouly with Chains of Promathia's development. He however refused to give away any specifics regarding this new expansion.
    http://rpgfan.com/news/2005/1529.html

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Regarding a possible expansion of Final Fantasy XI and PlayOnline into Asian markets, the producer of the Japanese version of EverQuest II, Sage Sundi explained that discussions about a launch in China were underway, however due to the unique market environment (such as a law requiring servers to be set up within the People's Republic), it would be difficult to release Final Fantasy XI in China.
    If SE gives in and put servers in China, there's gonna be hell to pay from NA players.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's not economically feasible, it won't happen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I bet anyone here real money they will raise lvl cap to 80.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Little bit off topic. Someone said that there's concern that China's yan(?) is going to beat out $ in money trade market. People on Wall Street are concerned that it will seriously fuck up America's revenues and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    I bet anyone here real money they will raise lvl cap to 80.
    If that ever happens, they better not erase Merits and put them over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    it's not economically feasible, it won't happen.
    The fact that they even considered it is what sucks.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i didn't read anything in the statement that implies they ever considered it.

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm still not satisfied with CoP, why the hell would I want another expansion?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You right, I missread it. It looked like they considered it. I think it's not that economically impossible, most likely security issues more involved than anything else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Set up two or three new servers in China, move all existing characters from China onto those servers and all new characters from China start on them automatically. Two problems solved, what's my prize?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Servers made specifically for IGE people... the fuckers would still be on Bahamut and other servers.

Black Belt
    BG Level

you can't get rid of gil sellers without getting rid of gil buyers.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    you can't get rid of gil sellers without getting rid of gil buyers.
    Golden words.

whats funny is - not to completely steriotype here...

but in my experience, most of IGE's customers seem to be UAE.

so - put all the UAE and the chinese on one server - and they will create a balanced ecosystem.

not saying all UAE players RMT.

just alot do. it's a fact.

Thank you for clearing that out, I understand it's from your experience in our server here. Yet, about most people from the UAE do RMT, that's not true. Now that you brought those facts up, I want a report from IGE.com that shows "Which country has the most customers?"

I also think that your idea of solving the gil problem is offending me. you could've said, kick RMT'ers and Gilsellers to another server instead of what you've just said.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

See the problem is you need a Warrant to track transactions of people who play the game and compare them with purchases from IGE. Also you don't have to be in the same country to have a credit card from particular bank or company. Hell you could have CC from England and live in LA.

I'm not against anyone here, since you brought your thoughts and ideas, why don't I bring my ideas too?

Interesting that now your mad when someone says UAE RMT, but you didn't say anything about Septimus saying we should put all chinese on a server. Do all chinese monopolise and sell gil?

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your double standards, Ganbachi.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    Interesting that now your mad when someone says UAE RMT, but you didn't say anything about Septimus saying we should put all chinese on a server. Do all chinese monopolise and sell gil?

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your double standards, Ganbachi.
    there are a lot of things i don't say anything about. i wonder how many standards that would imply i have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast