BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The birth of you character...

Has anyone ever took note when you character was made? (Vana'diel time, day, moon phase, etc...) I was told that each character has a pre-asigned "luck" percentage which affects everything from drops, to synths to magic resists, to items you get out of chest or coffers. By knowing above mentioned information you might be able to calculate when perhaps it's best to synth or hope for a drop.

Someone asked me once: Have you noticed how items (re/ex) drop more frequent when you have that one person in your PT? (I'm not talking about THII, I had stuff drop better with non-thief in PT rather than THF.)

Perhaps the collective "luck" factor affects group drops like AF in dynamis or Gods on drops as well. This game is not random as some might think, after all it's numbers and calculations are made by system every second and most like that calculation is done against each character's "serial number".

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

And that characters name was Vin Diesel

and he uses the force.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i would be freaked out if any newb was that attentive when they created their character.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, than perhaps there's a way to find out afore mentioned information. I mean, your character most like has that info. I'm gonna call up SE and find out. o.o

Just think about it, if people new their character's "luck" percentage, HNM LSs new recruitment policy would be 0.002% or higher to join. lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've always said i was a walking treasure hunter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were true. Like people "born" on firesday had worse drops watersday. It would be an interesting thing to study, and would not be hard to accomplish with new mules.

We need to find some people with nothing better to do.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    I've always said i was a walking treasure hunter
    You coming with me to camp VV than... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were true. Like people "born" on firesday had worse drops watersday. It would be an interesting thing to study, and would not be hard to accomplish with new mules.
    It has been proven that character created on Firesday has less chances of breaking a synth and higher chance of HQ with Fire Crystal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I probably made my character at darksday and some crappy moon phase, cause I never, and I mean NEVER, get good drops, EVER!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir
    I probably made my character at darksday and some crappy moon phase, cause I never, and I mean NEVER, get good drops, EVER!
    I know what you mean. My character has an automatic Treasure Hunter -2 trait. I tried farming dancshrooms yesterday during the full moon, I got 3 stacks of sleepshrooms and 2 stacks of woozyshrooms, but not single danceshroom over 5 hours of farming. Yin came to help me out and even treasure hunter was no match for my crap luck. ;_;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I've always thought this as well, that there is some kind of "luck" attribute SE included in the game as some kind of sick joke or social experiment. They probably track the playtime and game-retirement rates and plan to adjust their future games based on their findings. The sad thing is, I bet it's mostly the people with bad luck who continue playing.

I'm also positive that this attribute affects casting lots

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lets see, Erase on 3 out of 4 of the worm BCNM40's, penitent's rope on the first try of Wild Wild Whiskers, astral earring on my first Padfoot kill (i didnt even try, even had a cluster on my Fenrir), Viking Shield on my first bloodtear kill.

(Hmmm.}

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Astral Ring last Wednesday from solo BC50 cause I was bored.

987 lot on Valor Coronet (long time ago).

968 lot on Aegishjalmr, which I passed for someone else.

972 lot for Nightmare Sword.

That's all the luck I can remember though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Interesting theory Hirro

I lost the lot 7 times in a row for a garlaige coffer key after being there for a billion hours trying to get one for everyone who needed it. I was the last to get one, but only because the last mob everyone was going to leave after happened to drop it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've just finished talking with CSR for PlayOnline. They don't have exact Vana'diel time and day your char was created, but you can get exact date and time for creation of your content ID and calculate back to the creation of your character considering you made the char right away when you purchased ID and never have remade it.

Also he said that while Moon phase, Day of the Week and Weather conditions , affect drop rates and synthesis results, your character in no way has influence on drop rate or synthesis. Kinda weird because of the afore mentioned test.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Also he said that while Moon phase, Day of the Week and Weather conditions , affect drop rates and synthesis results, your character in no way has influence on drop rate or synthesis. Kinda weird because of the afore mentioned test.
    Yeah, but who really believes what square says anymore...

(Allakhazam) How much of the game is affected by elemental direction? Does it affect synthing? Magic? skill-ups?
    (Tanaka)
    Yes, of course direction does take affect. There are two types of elemental effects, one being normal and the other being an extreme condition that will directly take affect on battles. As for synthsis, I have no comment. Try them out for yourselves and let's see what happens.

even if they said weather conditions affect it, do they mean the REAL weather condition? light rain, sand storm, blazing sun (or whatever), snow, rain, and wind storm? or just elemental effect?

personally this has been bought up to me by other crafters, the only thing i can try is making crimson in dynamis........which would prolly scare my ls LOL

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll be honest, one of the reasons I've decided to look into this was because I wanted to know what craft is made for my character also to find out time best for me to farm/camp NMs.

My main char was made on 12/06/2003... More than 2 years now and I can't recall have the playtime.

also remember i was at VV as well when that ring drop, and i HQ at a decent rate on certain things X)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I made my character on the day of NA release. What date was that? I can't be bothered to remember/look it up.