+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I fucking love worldx     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Not really, its just that I've always used the menu to pull an NM and not a macro since its actually faster.

Well atleast logic suggests it is faster. Tabbing through darters, then hitting your macro would take more time than just tabbing through with your ability/spell already activated thus requiring only one button press making it faster than using your macro list. Thats why I was surprised to see that you use a macro. Thats the way it is for me anyway, if using a macro works for you then its all good.

right and wrong, it depends on the situation.

For example, If you are hunting behemoth, then spamming from the menu would be faster then doing using a macro.

If you are at fafnir, then its faster to hit 1 macro when you target/tab fafnir then press ctrl+j and then press provoke/charm/whatever but since everyone in their mother knows how to remove darters now, then it does not matter and one would think you are smart enough to spam from the job ability menu.

But that's an outdated trick. There are ways to spam even with the darters still visible and there are ways to provoke a given pull by skipping the targetting all together. How do you think FI did it before the update?

(which broke their tool?)

Of course, with that said, i can be wrong but this is information almost everybody knows, even those who don't camp the 3 kings.

phalanxx claims to pull with a weird trick, but it's just a coverup for botting

E. Body
    BG Level

But I just don't see how /ja 挑発 <t> is faster than a single button press from the menu because with a macro, you have to tab to the target and then go to macros to use it. Also shit like macro lag isn't good. I'll try macros someday, but I don't think we're going near fafnir until FI have quit the game (never).

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

<stnpc>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

<stnpc>
    Selecting from the menu and just scrolling the arrow works well too.

With PS2, very easy to navigate your target, along with the mob popping earlier.

heh my dia was casting tho, so at least when i hit my macro it "was" unclaimed on the server X)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    phalanxx claims to pull with a weird trick, but it's just a coverup for botting
    onry works with elf/galka/hume's? ;3

Well, my server kills the darters before the window opens, don't understand why you people dont. It would remove some lag and even the playing field vs bots (a little better).

But I always came to think that macro like
    /targetnpc
    /ja "Provoke" <t>
    Would always be faster then spamming enter with the menu because the menu requiers the monster to be drawn but spamming that macro dosent. I don't think anyway.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Macro lag.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    Well, my server kills the darters before the window opens, don't understand why you people dont. It would remove some lag and even the playing field vs bots (a little better).

/targetnpc
    /ja "Provoke" <t>
    Would always be faster then spamming enter with the menu because the menu requiers the monster to be drawn but spamming that macro dosent. I don't think anyway.
    Spamming the menu can pickup things before they are drawn too.

We don't kill the darters because we have absoultely 0 chance to beat JP latency. I don't care whether they are botting, but 200ms is an advantage no matter how you look at it. If no one can spam then it's all the better.

Rupertt

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal

/targetnpc
    /ja "Provoke" <t>
    /ja "Provoke" <stnpc> makes your target icon purple then you just cycle through the mobs and hit enter when you have NM targeted. My old LS was called botters when using this because tapping the TAB button allows you to only target npcs and not pcs. People see your head moving to only mobs and think you're using a 3rd party. I agree that spamming from menu in areas w/o mobs is faster tho.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

The past 2-3 Fafnirs this week that I actually went to, we killed the darters. When PG got Fafnir, I didn't even see him on my screen for like 5 mins. Last night though, I saw him when he popped on top of me, but he was already claimed. Not sure who (in FI) claimed him.. Also FI claimed Aspid this week. I watched some Galka named Low Chi Blast him right in front of my face. BRD sucks at pulling especially with SMN SJ >_> I'm going to have to start throwing rocks at shit.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

zigma: base or classic?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

classic :X

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

lame

Black Belt