BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gil Seller appreciation topic.

Let's pile up all the things we've come to expect and love/hate about gil sellers. You've got to give them credit. They know what to go after now, what NMs to kill, what equipment to get to expedite their "earnings". We've seen them with Assault Jerkins and Joyeuses, seen them with Cursed Crowns and Scorpion Harnesses.

Let's hear your stories about gil sellers on your servers.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They raise 3 you for free!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

One on Asura has a thief knife, they all have at least one peice of cursed gear, and "uber" gear like scorp harnesses and all that good stuff.

I guess good is that they went to fight Genbu after us, and since we only had one blm they offered to D2 us .

Well on Asura they have Thief knives, some god gear they have earned themselves already (killed Genbu and Suzaku already), after a couple of whipes to Charby, they finally are killing him getting their Plds and Rdms Joytoys...Hell I think on Asura the main gilfarmers are pretty organized into an LS called Bloodsky, and pretty soon the way they are killing stuff will be on the top ten for the Big Kills

Sea Torques
    BG Level

most of the gil sellers in kuftal are sucky.............

i acually partied with one last night, Huangfive, i didnt realize she was a gil seller till about 15 mins later, so our blm warped her lol.

Also she was using Meat mithkabobs as a 67 Thf... proof that gil sellers are cheap assholes

New Merits
    BG Level

i saw a full pt of the gil sellers in kuftal, levels 73-75, wipe to phantom worm cause they got a digger link and never tried to sleep it or anything, it just kept stonegaing them. it was hilarious...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

OneGilseller group on Pandemonium has not one, but two Kraken Clubs. They steal Cassie consistently from anyone who wins claim legitimately.. Haven't heard about any of their antics at Bune or Serket, although they camp those too.

Another group has gotten a ton of Strider Boots, and have tried to steal Roc by spamming Cure on the Tank then popping invincible and running.

There's too goddam many these days. Wake the hell up SE.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

same happens on Remora but i was too lazy to type it.

the best is when they claim serket i put on nin af boots and train the whole basement, then people don't think to move and get blood saber'd then the whole train bashes their face. tis fun

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I talk to one thats on Lakshmi quite regularly. really nice person. realizes theres a lot of hatred towards gilfarmers but its his livelyhood. He jokes with me that he wishes americans would buy more gil

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PTed with Huangfive today on his NIN

he tanked practically naked

only main body pieces, no back, no belt, no earrings or rings

alot of the stuff was gear that was too weak for his level as well

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Gilsellers on our server stand no chance lol, Midgard is too competitive.

They stick mostly in Oztroja, Stroper, Zitah, Kuftal.

They will never ever be able to do anything in sky or beat simple ground hnms.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

World pass {Can I Have It?}

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

On our server they go for cassie, and serket. Thats about the only NMs they really go for. Other than that they spend all day camping normal stuff.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

{I don't have anything to give you.}

The NAs are sometimes worse than the gilsellers to be honest, NAs dominate JP now all because one JP linkshell no longer needs anything.

Wow.... they stop after maxing out? That's unheard of.

heh, Mana is still active on Midgard, as is Newgoodjob at Behemoth. The fact is, we just keep the HNMs in US time nicely. Also, the gil sellers on our server are restricted to the smaller areas, I have not yet seen them at Serket etc or any HNMs for that matter.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The gilsellers on Siren have graduated to some of the smaller HNMs like Roc, Serket, but now are regularly camping Cassie (to the point of happily mpking other lses that claim it). This is of course in addition to their usual kuftal/korroloka farming and fishbotting. In the last 2-3 months their number of 70+ members has tripled. They sure love their customers.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    {I don't have anything to give you.}

The NAs are sometimes worse than the gilsellers to be honest, NAs dominate JP now all because one JP linkshell no longer needs anything.
    Siren is getting to be the same way, I think JP's are filling up. NA's don't "dominate" anything but for awhile the main 3 JP LS's stopped camping kings (except KB) for like a 3 week period. You'd see a group of 4 JP's try to claim fafnir or something, as a long kill helps move back into JP time, but we had like a full week of uncontested Fafnir's it was awesome.

And yeah we are finally getting some good drama out of gilsellers. Cassie is a voke/MPK fest and Roc/Simurgh pop purple now.