Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFXI Interview posted.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFXI Interview posted.

Hey guys, I was kinda plugging it on AK but I figured I would share it with our server too.

I got to meet with the FFXI team at E3 and learned a few things. Feel free to share it on other forums, the more who see it the better.

http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/editor ... erview.php

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

You asked great questions.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We do realize that the Dragoon is much more popular with American players and want to better it because we know you like it.
    I think he was being mean. lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

those questions sucked, you let them sidestep the connection speed issue AGAIN

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    those questions sucked, you let them sidestep the connection speed issue AGAIN
    they're always evasive on those kinds of questions. I can predict the answer if I asked this question:

Currently on many servers, there are issues with the three king HNMs - KB, Nidhogg, and Aspidochelone. There is rampant botting, along with constant reports of MPK, CFH, and claim stealing not to mention monopolization by a single LS. How do you plan to address these issues and make the endgame experience concerning these specific HNMs more fair and enjoyable for all?
    Answer:

We always welcome feedback from you, the players. We've added some new NMs this update, like the Toreador's Cape NM!

Somehow I picture an interview done by joft amounting to him jumping over the table and trying to strangle the answers out of people

I did the best I could, I used the word ping and that was the answer I got plain and simple and to an extent I am beginning to agree with them. I am starting to notie that while there is a ping imbalance the popped purple problem is more of a PS2 > PC problem. Windows and all it's stupid little programs are the problem where as on a PS2 it just goes directly to the game. Ask most ps2 users if something popped purple to them and usually they will tell you no.

I don't expect everyone to like my questions as I can't appease everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    Somehow I picture an interview done by joft amounting to him jumping over the table and trying to strangle the answers out of people
    you gotta do what you gotta do

I still don't think he'd get the answer he's looking for.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds about right.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    We do realize that the Dragoon is much more popular with American players and want to better it because we know you like it.
    I think he was being mean. lol
    hah...ha ha....hah hah hah...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

/em goes psycho

Xavier

Ask most ps2 users if something popped purple to them and usually they will tell you no.
    I was playing on 56k ps2 and fafnir continually popped unclaimed to me, but on my far more powerful PC with a cable modem it almost always pops purple. PS2 > PC for claiming, hands down.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Ask most ps2 users if something popped purple to them and usually they will tell you no.
    I was playing on 56k ps2 and fafnir continually popped unclaimed to me, but on my far more powerful PC with a cable modem it almost always pops purple. PS2 > PC for claiming, hands down.
    If that is true, isnt that a pretty bad design flaw that should be fixed somehow? I

With the Introduction of Fiberoptics, comming from the Bell coperations around the US, I think this Issues will really start to decrease, DSL and cable, although fast still go through relays and extensions etc, causing the lag. As well as the graphics and speed of your computer amounting to something small but still very much a pain for something that is claimed as soon as it pops. I know for a fact Parts of Dallas TX have already gotten Fiberoptics, which is also going to bring cable tv on to the market which Cable is trying to ban because they don't want to lower their prices on anything. Whole different issue entirly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've claimed Behemoth 3 times and Fafnir once (although the competition wasn't very heavy due to NQ fafnir only, only a few people there just for holding purposes), when I claimed them our alliance said it popped claimed for them and they didn't even realize I was the one that claimed it and it was whacking at me. PS2 has such a ridiculous advantage over PC, even though PC can remove darters I can still see fafnir pop before anyone else. Hell, I can even see mobs unclaimed for a bit with JP players around.

If you have a freaking PS2 version of FFXI, USE IT for camps. The most stupid thing about this game is getting claims, but do what you can for it.

It's true. PS2>PC hands down.

I'm 0/11 on mee deggi, camping in that tiny little thing, with over 20 JP's and some gil sellers who are botting camping it. Now, if only I could get a fucking drop.

Oh I agree it is a flaw but it's a flaw caused by windows... I mean they could slow down the ps2 users I guess butI don't think they will ever achieve a perfect balance as windows is a peice of you know what and it's just all random crap.

But they didn't really dodge the issue by saying it's more than a North American specific issue... and who knows maybe they are trying to work it out it is something I could ask next time. I don't know what all they could do though.

I'm just wondering what they'll do to fix Dragoons. I'm not a DRG, but i'm tired of hearing all the damn complaints, and quite frankly, I also feel for 'em, cuz I don't know many DRGs that get respect. With Assassin ability/skill for THFs, that kinda bought them some more credibality, so maybe DRGs might get something worthwhile to them.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

a good start would be to realize that drg 2hr is absolutely awful. The big problem with DRG is a % of the dmg is based off their wyvern and the damn thing dies in 4 secons to HNM, especially Fafnir/Nidhogg. If call wyvern was like a 10 minute abilitiy and DRG 2hr was something closer to astral flow where the wyvern would do some powerful attack, I think that would be a start.

Assassin is an ability past the subjob mark, I think its like lvl 45 or 55 something like that.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

DRG has no passives past 37 (30), and only super jump is out of SJ reach..